Mitchell vs.TCA (no trolls please)

duckman38201

Shouldn't have gone there...Galilee is well connected at Mitchell, if anyone has the right to say "we" regarding a high school team he does.

I agree trader. He is well connected and cares for the students. He and I have only disagreed one time and he was very professional. Back to the game.......weather conditions could be a factor. It's supposed to rain. Not sure who that will hurt the most Mitchell or TCA? Will be interesting. Hope it clears off on Thursday. Also, spoke to a friend of mine whose son plays DT for Huntington. He said when Mitchell's band arrived it was like they just ate a Snickers bar and became full of energy!! He said he had never seen anything like it!! Maybe they need to come early and let us feed them some of our famous BBQ Nachos and get em full so they can't blow their horns very well!! Lol

Just got done checking out the numbers on Mitchell.  They are scary to say the least.  You can tell that they have talent all over the field.  I look at the TCA numbers and they tell me the same story. 

There is no doubt in my mind that the scoreboard is going to get lit up on Friday night. To me, turnovers is going to be the key.  If Huntingdon does not commit two turnovers deep in Mitchell territory, it very well might have been a completely different outcome. 

I do wish I had access to tape of the Halls and Mitchell game.  I'd like to know what Halls did or what Mitchell didn't do that kept the Tigers in that game. 

I'd love to see TCA be able to control the clock in the game with timely running and good, crisp short passes.  Eat the clock and keep the Mitchell offense off the field.

In reference to the Mitchell band playing during the game, I can remember when it was illegal for the band to play during the game.  However, it is my understanding that if one team can't hear their signals, they can notify the officials and they are obliged to make the band stop playing during the course of play.  Saw this happen during the Jackson Christian and Bolivar game.  The Bolivar QB complained and the white hat went straight to the Eagles band director and their playing during the game was curtailed. 

Hey Galilee, I stand corrected on a prior statement. After watching detailed film of Mitchell our top 8 athletes are not better athletes than yours but I do believe they can play with them. The glaring difference isn't our top 8 differential, it's the rest of the team. That's where I think you have more athleticism. I do believe our top 8 will play at the next level whether it's NAIA or D1. It appears Mitchell may have 15 to 18 that might do the same or better. I retract my prior statement and stand corrected. We have our hands full. For the life if me I don't know why the AP polls haven't ranked you guys!! I realize you lost early but they were big schools.

Edited by TCAIntense

Just got done checking out the numbers on Mitchell.  They are scary to say the least.  You can tell that they have talent all over the field.  I look at the TCA numbers and they tell me the same story. 

There is no doubt in my mind that the scoreboard is going to get lit up on Friday night. To me, turnovers is going to be the key.  If Huntingdon does not commit two turnovers deep in Mitchell territory, it very well might have been a completely different outcome. 

I do wish I had access to tape of the Halls and Mitchell game.  I'd like to know what Halls did or what Mitchell didn't do that kept the Tigers in that game. 

I'd love to see TCA be able to control the clock in the game with timely running and good, crisp short passes.  Eat the clock and keep the Mitchell offense off the field.

In reference to the Mitchell band playing during the game, I can remember when it was illegal for the band to play during the game.  However, it is my understanding that if one team can't hear their signals, they can notify the officials and they are obliged to make the band stop playing during the course of play.  Saw this happen during the Jackson Christian and Bolivar game.  The Bolivar QB complained and the white hat went straight to the EagleHuntingdon band s band director and their playing during the game was curtailed. 

Well at least Mitchell band played.  Huntingdon band is more worried about some kind of play during halftime. And I dont mean playing there horns and drums. running around    Never played after a TD or anything.  But there costumes looks good.

Well at least Mitchell band played.  Huntingdon band is more worried about some kind of play during halftime. And I dont mean playing there horns and drums. running around    Never played after a TD or anything.  But there costumes looks good.

I do want it to be known that I have nothing against the bands playiing.  There is a time and a place for everything.  Playing while the game is going on is not one of them.  Play all you want at half time, during timeouts and in between plays.

I do want it to be known that I have nothing against the bands playiing. There is a time and a place for everything. Playing while the game is going on is not one of them. Play all you want at half time, during timeouts and in between plays.

They played the entire time! The bus pulled up with about 5 min left in the half. When they got off the bus out in the parking lot, they got in formation and the bass drums started booming! Half of the Huntingon fateful didn't know what to do. Huntigdon's band acted like they were gonna respond, but a soon as the first trumpet sound, Mitchell's band shut em down. I have to say, it was the first halftime that I hung around, hoping to see a band play. Huntingdon should hire their band director! Haha

I do want it to be known that I have nothing against the bands playiing.  There is a time and a place for everything.  Playing while the game is going on is not one of them.  Play all you want at half time, during timeouts and in between plays.

ReitzFan, it's common for the bands in Memphis to play pretty much constantly. It's not going to be loud enough to keep the players from hearing on the field. I've been a player with bands playing and it's not a problem at all. It's just something ya'll will have to get used to. It won't interfere with ya'll's play at all. LOL, it'll distract the fans more than anybody else!

Edited by duckman38201
  • Upvote 1

Intense,

The reason that the AP voters did not recognize Mitchell is because most of them are idiots.  People who really follow football realize that Mitchell had the talent all along. 

I use to get upset with the Tennessee AP pollsters until I learned something. I didn't know how the AP polls worked actually. The pollsters are comprised of writers from different newspaper orginizations throughout the state. Well ... the majority of those who contribute in voting come from middle and east TN. It's not a conspiracy or anything like that. It's just that thay have more representation due to the number newspapers that saturate those areas. Ergo ... most of the people who participate in those polls don't know about Memphis and a lot of West TN high school football teams. They vote for who and what they know ... that's middle and east TN.

I'll elaborate even further. It's commonplace for the bands to play throughout the game in a White Station vs Whitehaven. (See the movie 'Drumline') These bands are commonly known as 'Show Bands'. (See Tennessee State University, Southern University, or Grambling State University) I don't remember the Mitchell band playing during the Whitehaven game ... but then again, Whitehaven's band is HUGE. Anyway, the Memphis City school bands play throughout the game. When other teams encounter this who aren't used to it, they can be taken aback by it. Whitehaven's band director has gotten better with anticipating an opposing team's disdain for this as a result of Whitehaven's recent playoff history. If you haven't been exposed to 'other ways of doing things' you will assume that EVERYBODY does it the way YOU do it. I remember some of the Whitehaven band booster members getting upset because they were doing what they normally would do, not knowing that bands playing throughout the game was commonplace in Memphis ... but not elsewhere. Once they learned ... they made some changes in order to 'not offend' the opposing team and their fans. But, it was a 'shock' none-the-less when word got back to thw Whitehaven faithful that opposing schools thought that Whitehaven was cheating because their band played the whole game. Or ... that the Whitehaven team/school was 'classless'. It got ugly in some instances. Why? CULTURAL DIFFERENCES. It's not a big deal now because Whitehaven adapted how the band performed when they traveled and played a team that wasn't from the area.

PS

You would be surprised at the number of 'band scholarships' available. I know that the Whitehaven band has a large amount of their band members to get full and partial rides in college because of it. So much so, that a lot of students come to Whitehaven just to participate in the band because of that reason.