UNION CITY LADY TORNADOES

JDOGG80

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's safe to say Gibson will be around and competing at a high level for awhile....

GC I watched our girls last night and to be honest I was kinda down we lost Nicole Johnson before I went over there. But it never ceases to amaze me each year these good ball players come out of the woodwork and the existing players get better. We have a basketball coach. I am coaching a 6th grade girls team and I talked to the GC coach several times this summer and he is basketball 5-12 grade 24 7 365. Let's hope we don't lose this guy. Did I see the UC TCA score right 31-29? I believe UC will have to score more than that to beat GC.

TSSAA Handbook

Academic Rules

Section 2.

To be eligible to participate in athletic contests during any school year, the student must earn five

credits the preceding school year if less than 24 credits are required for graduation or six credits the preceding

school year if 24 or more credits are required for graduation. All credits must be earned by the first day of the

beginning of the school year. Academic eligibility for a student is based on the requirements of the school the

student was attending at the conclusion of the previous school year.

Students who are ineligible the first semester may gain eligibility the second semester by passing five subjects

(1/2 credit) or three blocks (one credit per block) or the equivalent.

Students on trimesters who are ineligible at the beginning of the school year may gain eligibility by passing five

subjects (1/2 credit) or three blocks (one credit per block) or the equivalent the first trimester. Those students will

be eligible to participate in athletics when school resumes on or after January 1 of that school year.

Yeah they will play a tough Westview team tomorrow will be a good test to see where they are before they get Fair and Reaves back. This definitely looks like it could be their year if they can remain injury free all the way to the Boro and then they just have to get it done.

I think Union city is still the team to beat this year and Lake Co has some young players and a middle school that is suppose o be very very good..As for westview,saw them last week at dyer co and they look to be down from past years ,just my opinion.

From a fan's perspective, you girls put it on ours. Very good team and I expect y'all to go far this year. Hopefully this year, y'all can get the gold. Looks like a good start and your defense seems better this year (early). Good game---we'll get you next time (maybe).

Glad you put the maybe in...lol..Dont see it happening and dont see any team in our district or region beating Union City.Most games are going to be very ugly  with Union City winning by anywhere from 30 to 50 points.unless Union city pulls the starters .Gibson co may can play them closer than anyone this year in the district but don't think they will beat Union city.