CPA Basketball

bjl1929

If what I posted wasnt' true--why was it removed from here (I copied it with NO identifying info, ie pictures, or links)  AND he has he removed it from his facebook page? From 2011.

Is it possible somebody doesn't want the truth to be told???

It's not beating a dead horse, it's bringing the truth to light, and sometimes that takes time.

Yes, in this case, I do, because I know what I've read. I also know that a kid wouldn't see anything wrong with telling people that Lindsey's mom called his mom, but his dad would certainly know better....

My apologies nerd. I haven't been around for a while, so I picked back up, where I left off in the conversation.

There is a forum for Public/Private debate. Please go there and take those who troll the basketball forums for controversy about that subject with you, please. Like it or not, the tournaments are beginning and CPA is going to have to work hard to get the 3-peat. That is what we want to discuss on here. There are some good teams that want the upset.

True or not a student's conversation probably should not be posted. It does seem relevant to the situation but if the TSSAA does no follow up then it's going nowhere.

You are right, it's been sent to the TSSAA. I just posted part of it, to make my point very clear. It's obvious to me that somebody at CPA doesn't like it, as it was even deleted from the facebook account within 15 hours of the post. Some day they will be caught. Plus, it looks like they are trying to hide something by deleting...

Edited by rulefollower

There is a forum for Public/Private debate. Please go there and take those who troll the basketball forums for controversy about that subject with you, please. Like it or not, the tournaments are beginning and CPA is going to have to work hard to get the 3-peat. That is what we want to discuss on here. There are some good teams that want the upset.

Sorry to upset you nerd.  Seems to me y'all should be concerned about your integrity too. 

You guys are always asking for proof of rumors. Someone proved an allegation, and within hours the facebook post that has been there since May 2011 disappears?  The first response is to delete it, rather than own up to it???

-but don't worry-remember, as we tell all teens, be careful what you post, since what goes out on the internet stays out there forever. That information is still available...

Edited by rulefollower

Sorry to upset you nerd.  Seems to me y'all should be concerned about your integrity too. 

You guys are always asking for proof of rumors. Someone proved an allegation, and within hours the facebook post that has been there since May 2011 disappears?  The first response is to delete it, rather than own up to it???

-but don't worry-remember, as we tell all teens, be careful what you post, since what goes out on the internet stays out there forever. That information is still available...

I have integrity, and I am not CPA or your judge, and you are not mine. I am not "ya'll", I'm simply a CPA fan and I have no personal knowledge of any of the accusations. I don't mind your posts and you have a right to post them. All I am suggesting is that there are other threads and forums on the issue, it has been beat to death, and every time people who are interested in the actual team or game want to talk basketball, the thread gets highjacked with an old, worn out subject. As long as CPA is an approved, sanctioned member of the TSSAA, I will discuss them and their season. If they are innocent or guilty, truth will prevail. Whatever the outcome, I will accept it. I have no control over it.  I certainly agree we need to be careful what we put on the internet.

Honestly my guess is he's is probally sitting around #50-100. The National list everyone one refers to Jake being #8 on is not accurate. He will most likely finish his career as #3 or #4 all time in the state of Tennessee. Which is very impressive in it self.

You may be right. I don't know. Where is an accurate one? Have you seen another or are you just guessing? I find it hard to believe there are 50-100 kids who have hit 3 or more 3-pointers a game for 150 games in a 4 year career.Here is the one I found.

http://www.nfhs.org/recordbook/Records.aspx?CategoryId=1073

rulefollower, on 06 Feb 2014 - 08:12 AM, said:snapback.png

It's a pattern that many current middle school parents expect will continue. There is much talk about who's going to be showing up in the next year or so...a "nationally ranked" 6th grader has already transferred in, and yes, while the coaches may be great mentors to players who show promise, other boys who show up are not given equal attention...

Re: Blackwell--he told people he was going to Ensworth from MBA because he was too late for CPA and didn't tour, but within days, was registered there after Lindsey's mom called his mom....is that recruiting??

Rulefollower, So should kids not be allowed to come to CPA and play basketball if they come in middle school or later?  Or do they have to start kindergarten at CPA to be eligible (in your opinion) and fair to other CPA students? 

You don't have your facts correct regarding Blackwell.  Mr. Blackwell told the group of basketball parents in a pre-season meeting that they were prepared to send their son to BA, (not Ensworth) and the reason you state was b/c of a call from Lindsey's mom.  That's not the story Mr. Blackwell told as to why they decided to come to CPA and I trust if you heard it from him you would have no reason to believe otherwise.  I would suggest you talk to him or any of the CPA parents and ask them their story as to why and how they decided to come to CPA.  That way, you have the facts and not innuendo.

Looking around--no comment? If I was a betting man, I'd put money down that you saw that I had proof regarding Blackwell coming to CPA.  I'd even wager that you contacted him to ask him to remove it from facebook after it was posted here.  Any CPA supporters want to admit, that maybe, just maybe, there could be some truth behind the rumors yet?

And, yes, I think that kids who transfer in later should be allowed to participate. However, when a whole team is brought in something needs to be done about it.

Edited by rulefollower

rulefollower, on 06 Feb 2014 - 08:12 AM, said:snapback.png

Rulefollower, So should kids not be allowed to come to CPA and play basketball if they come in middle school or later? Or do they have to start kindergarten at CPA to be eligible (in your opinion) and fair to other CPA students?

You don't have your facts correct regarding Blackwell. Mr. Blackwell told the group of basketball parents in a pre-season meeting that they were prepared to send their son to BA, (not Ensworth) and the reason you state was b/c of a call from Lindsey's mom. That's not the story Mr. Blackwell told as to why they decided to come to CPA and I trust if you heard it from him you would have no reason to believe otherwise. I would suggest you talk to him or any of the CPA parents and ask them their story as to why and how they decided to come to CPA. That way, you have the facts and not innuendo.

Looking around--no comment? If I was a betting man, I'd put money down that you saw that I had proof regarding Blackwell coming to CPA. I'd even wager that you contacted him to ask him to remove it from facebook after it was posted here. Any CPA supporters want to admit, that maybe, just maybe, there could be some truth behind the rumors yet?

And, yes, I think that kids who transfer in later should be allowed to participate. However, when a whole team is brought in something needs to be done about it.

Here goes. At risk of getting all mid state privates pissed off. The fact is all privates recruit. They have to to get students. They sell parents and students on academics, arts, and athletics. They have to have students to stay in business. To do that they must have a product that is at least perceived better than what public schools can offer. T$$AA doesn't have the resources nor IMO the desire to monitor private/tuition schools recruiting practices or financial aide packages provided to students.

With that being said the eventual split is inevitable. This will happen no later than 2017 and could be as early as mid term of classification period. At that point private school athletics could take a big hit as a selling point for privates. This would be due to the fact only a handful of privates can compete at a high level. Just saying.