7-aaa offseason thread

Texmex9

flip them from last year. You hosted beech in 2013 and will travel to them in 2014. I'm not crazy about two-year contract periods but it is what it is.

Would you rather see the contract period longer or go to a year by year? I understand why they do it. For some teams it is a nightmare to schedule every two years much less every year. As a fan I would like to see new teams every year.

Would you rather see the contract period longer or go to a year by year? I understand why they do it. For some teams it is a nightmare to schedule every two years much less every year. As a fan I would like to see new teams every year.

a lot of alternatives are possible. One is a one year contract like some college teams do, and even play some of those games at a neutral site, like maybe play a season opener between two high profile teams (like a maryville or Alcoa) against a Rutherford county team with the game at MTSU or TTU to accommodate a larger crowd. Perhaps another option is 2-year contracts that span three years, for example Vandy played Northwestern in football in 2010 in Nashville and 2012 in Chicago, but didn't play in 2011. We could bring that to high school. I love the suspense every other offseason of finding out who will be on the schedule and I wish we could recreate this every offseason. Only issue is how hard it would be to find games this way but who knows only playing a team once could make this task easier. It is something different coaches would have different options.

a lot of alternatives are possible. One is a one year contract like some college teams do, and even play some of those games at a neutral site, like maybe play a season opener between two high profile teams (like a maryville or Alcoa) against a Rutherford county team with the game at MTSU or TTU to accommodate a larger crowd. Perhaps another option is 2-year contracts that span three years, for example Vandy played Northwestern in football in 2010 in Nashville and 2012 in Chicago, but didn't play in 2011. We could bring that to high school. I love the suspense every other offseason of finding out who will be on the schedule and I wish we could recreate this every offseason. Only issue is how hard it would be to find games this way but who knows only playing a team once could make this task easier. It is something different coaches would have different options.

Which works fine except when you struggle to schedule games as it is, the cream of this district (Oakland, Blackman, Siegel) would probably be relegated to playing even farther away from home than they are right now. Scheduling year to year would be a nightmare scenario for most coaches (Siegel didnt finalize their 2013 schedule till almost May), which would force most 7-AAA teams to play out of state of against Divison II.

If it aint broke, dont fix it

Which works fine except when you struggle to schedule games as it is, the cream of this district (Oakland, Blackman, Siegel) would probably be relegated to playing even farther away from home than they are right now. Scheduling year to year would be a nightmare scenario for most coaches (Siegel didnt finalize their 2013 schedule till almost May), which would force most 7-AAA teams to play out of state of against Divison II.

If it aint broke, dont fix it

Perhaps a change to the postseason format could allow for a change like this. But until then the odds are remote for a change to scheduling contracts.

Do other states do two-year contracts like Tennessee and if they do, do they make them after even numbered seasons like we do here?

Worthington-Kilburn was a home and away contract. Unfortunately they could buy their way out of it for a lousy $500. Coach A was lucky to get the game he did to make up for it. I just wish he had WON it. That was the start of accepting 'good enough' instead of trying to win EVERYTHING!

• 2 weeks later...