Overton's Terry Anderson retires

workinprogress

NCS good to hear from you. Your boy Blade had a great year and has really turned that program around quickly. Will be interesting to see what he does next year. Ironic that I'm talking about Blade when his team ended Overton's run. I will put a resume in. I doubt I even get an interview and if I do it may just be a token interview. Either way it will help me practice the experience. And yes the forward pass would be introduced early and practiced daily. Lol. Pretty sure Anderson practiced it but the qb and receivers just never seemed to get on the same page this year.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard tackle the school that I am at is probably as good as any for me. Maybe even better than Overton especially right now. As far as experience I have learned a lot from some great coaches that all had different philosophies. I'd say ten years of coaching, 8 as head coach at the other level and two at the hs level, and just being around the game for over 30 years learning constantly is fairly experienced. There are plenty of coaches out there that don't have as much. I know two years at the hs level isn't much but it could have been more if I had chosen to do so. But I get what you are saying. Thanks for the honest opinion. Other than a name have our paths crossed.

Hard tackle the school that I am at is probably as good as any for me. Maybe even better than Overton especially right now. As far as experience I have learned a lot from some great coaches that all had different philosophies. I'd say ten years of coaching, 8 as head coach at the other level and two at the hs level, and just being around the game for over 30 years learning constantly is fairly experienced. There are plenty of coaches out there that don't have as much. I know two years at the hs level isn't much but it could have been more if I had chosen to do so. But I get what you are saying. Thanks for the honest opinion. Other than a name have our paths crossed.

No they had not crossed. Just a fan of football and knew your dad had a son at another school. Not hard to add 2 plus 2 with some other posts over the years. Best wishes.

Don't know if I should post, but I will.  I don't have any inside information, but I would guess that a lot of people both on the staff and outside of the system will apply. 

Overton is a great place for teaching and coaching, but the student body is unlike any other school in the state (and maybe in the country).  Two-thirds of the student population goes home to a family that doesn't primarily speak English.  That fact alone will scare a lot of coaches away and it says something about the amazing job this staff has done over the last few years.

My guess is they will hire from within, but I do think that the powers that be will be patient and diligent through the process.  And, I have faith they will hire someone that is best for the school.

Metro man you are correct in the student population at Overton. So much has changed since I was there. Today it's like walking into a melting pot. I still remember the days when Overton students were called tea sippers. Of course I also remember wearing overalls for when we played Antioch. Doubt that happens anymore.

It still happens. There are several coaches who are not in metro that would LOVE to have this job, but won't apply for various reasons. Glad that Coach Anderson was able to retire on his own terms. He is a much better coach than some have given him credit for in the past. Its amazing how sometimes it takes not having a person in your daily life to realize what a critical influence they are on what you do every day.

Work, I have told you a thousand times that there is something you need to take care of and now I suggest again that you get that done. Address has been sent.

Overton is a solid job despite the challenges. On staff, Campbell is the only one I'd consider and that would be if he's above the other applicants. Former Antioch/fr Ryan coach would not be a good fit at all...

I do expect some solid applicants, we will see how it works out.

Morrison is the best coach at Overton.  If he does not want it,it should go to someone else in Metro or outside.