Blackman at Maryville.

tennesseestud2013

I'm not so sure that Blackman's offense is on same level. The only reason the QB's would be the same is because Stocks knee was torn, but not at all on same level healthy. And Blackman doesn't have the receivers Siegel had last year. As far as Defense, Blackman is a lot better than Siegel's D last year. Two different teams totally. It's like comparing Oregon and Bama.

I'm not so sure that Blackman's offense is on same level. The only reason the QB's would be the same is because Stocks knee was torn, but not at all on same level healthy. And Blackman doesn't have the receivers Siegel had last year. As far as Defense, Blackman is a lot better than Siegel's D last year. Two different teams totally. It's like comparing Oregon and Bama.

agreed.....

I don't care what kind of numbers rushing they had last week against Oakland, they will not get half of that against the Rebels defense. They cannot depend on running the ball and only throwing it 5 times. I can only remember one game where the opponent ran the ball w/o throwing it against the Rebels and won: Alcoa in 2009. They never threw the ball, just ran a dive play almost every play and the Rebels couldn't stop it. That won't happen with this defense. Blackman's defense is good, but if Prevo plays he and Burgess will run roughshod all night with Cody Carrol snatching passes like a frog catching flies........ I am going to go out on a long skinny limb, and I is not a litle fella by any means, but sitting here watching Blackman's past games on the puter I think Blackman may stay in it for the first qtr, then the Rebels will put 40+ on them and win big.................RP.................

That was one of Coach Rankins proudest moments.  He recalled that game in an interview with me this season.

Edited by FreeAgent11

That was one of Coach Rankins proudest moments.  He recalled that game in an interview with me this season.

I think in 2009 most Maryville fans were Amazed to be in the State Championship game ... This year's Defense is nothing like 2009 . 

2009 was one of Coach Quarles and staff's best year of Coaching in my mind , the Problem is unless Maryville wins it all in dominating fashion George doesn't get much credit for his Coaching , I mean as far as Coach of the year awards go anyway .

After watching the blackmon/oakland game, I have some new opinions. Blackman is loaded with players. They are very impressive on both sides of the ball. Both lines, backfields, and lb's can play for anybody. Lots of talent that looks very well coached to this inexperienced observer.

BUT...if they line up with that many in the box Friday, murvil will pass for a bunch. Could be a great matchup between murvil's run game and those big LB's. May be some big-time collisions, or maybe not!

Edited by strongx