Blackman at Maryville.

tennesseestud2013

When was the last time Maryville lost to a team that wasn't undefeated?

2008 6A championship game to White Station. Maryville had also lost earlier in the year to Alcoa big, 41-24. In the championship game with White Station, Maryville had a really young front 4 (two or three sophomores if I remember correct) and they simply could not tackle the big strong QB for WS. He made play after play after tackles were missed or he simply ran out of them. I forgot his name but he went on to play for Memphis in college. They also had an excellent athlete that played both offense and defense that made some really big plays that helped them jump out in front early.

Still, Maryville finally regrouped. After falling behind big, they came back and made a game of it late, but it was too late. They lost 37-27, and that is the biggest point margin to anyone but Alcoa the the Rebels have given up in a loss since 2000, 4 games into the George Quarles era.

2008 6A championship game to White Station. Maryville had also lost earlier in the year to Alcoa big, 41-24. In the championship game with White Station, Maryville had a really young front 4 (two or three sophomores if I remember correct) and they simply could not tackle the big strong QB for WS. He made play after play after tackles were missed or he simply ran out of them. I forgot his name but he went on to play for Memphis in college. They also had an excellent athlete that played both offense and defense that made some really big plays that helped them jump out in front early.

Still, Maryville finally regrouped. After falling behind big, they came back and made a game of it late, but it was too late. They lost 37-27, and that is the biggest point margin to anyone but Alcoa the the Rebels have given up in a loss since 2000, 4 games into the George Quarles era.

2009 was White Station. 2008 was Hillsboro

I don't care what kind of numbers rushing they had last week against Oakland, they will not get half of that against the Rebels defense. They cannot depend on running the ball and only throwing it 5 times. I can only remember one game where the opponent ran the ball w/o throwing it against the Rebels and won: Alcoa in 2009. They never threw the ball, just ran a dive play almost every play and the Rebels couldn't stop it. That won't happen with this defense. Blackman's defense is good, but if Prevo plays he and Burgess will run roughshod all night with Cody Carrol snatching passes like a frog catching flies........ I am going to go out on a long skinny limb, and I is not a litle fella by any means, but sitting here watching Blackman's past games on the puter I think Blackman may stay in it for the first qtr, then the Rebels will put 40+ on them and win big.................RP.................

Mark Dodson had 318 rushing yards and 5 TDs last year

Edited by BlackHavenSenator

The Red Dragon's Fan Base has selective amnesia... And they had to have a "average team" that lost to White Station when #4 Julian Burton and the QB (can't remember his number) 'Red' Hayes had their way with that "young defense"...

I'm sure Blackman doesn't have a Mark Dodson or another I-Train for that matter (both are in Oxford), but if yall have any athletes that can seriously play on Saturday, do NOT stop feeding them.

7AAA, please stand up to the Red Dragon. PLEASE