Ricky Bowers Ejected

BARTLETTHSGRAD04

Huh?  "Private school ran [sic]"?  Do you realize that there is no private school representation on the Board of Control...that the TSSAA relegates the DII title games to the worst days/time slots of the week...that the multiplier the TSSAA assigns to Division I private schools is one of the most penal in the country?  The TSSAA is the farthest thing from pro-private school. It's not even debatable.

There's no end to these nonsensical posts is there?

-

How do you know Ricky did nothing wrong? How do know what he or Wade said to officials during the game? The rules say that both he and Wade will have to sit the next game but here is where the private school ran TSSAA will I am sure come up with some type of extenuating circumstances that will allow him to coach. If this were a inner city school coach they would throw the book at him. No sympathy here, treat him just like everyone else, no better or worse.

Edited by baylorbigdog1976

Huh?  "Private school ran [sic]"?  Do you realize that there is no private school representation on the Board of Control...that the TSSAA relegates the DII title games to the worst days/time slots of the week...that the multiplier the TSSAA assigns to Division I private schools is one of the most penal in the country?  The TSSAA is the farthest thing from pro-private school. It's not even debatable.

When one of Ensworth's close rivals got busted for cheating I believe 2 years ago here is how it went down. Hey TSSAA, we have a problem. We had an isolated incident involving 1 player where we cheated. We fired our football coach and you have our word it will not happen again. TSSAA response, okay case closed. 6 months later same school, Hey TSSAA, we have a few more problems. We cheated a few more times. We are returning all of the trophies we won for those years.

TSSAA response, we will have to fine you a couple of dollars to make it look legit and we will put you on double secret probation, wink, wink. If this would have been a public school they would have gotten the death penalty. Here all of the tough talk from Hermitage this week about Marion County. Deplorable actions but no worse than what you private school boys do on a consistent basis.

TSSAA response, we will have to fine you a couple of dollars to make it look legit and we will put you on double secret probation, wink, wink. If this would have been a public school they would have gotten the death penalty. Here all of the tough talk from Hermitage this week about Marion County. Deplorable actions but no worse than what you private school boys do on a consistent basis.

First, in terms of dollars, it was about $50,000 including fines and playoff revenue.  If that's a "couple of dollars", so be it, but that makes some of the fines I've seen for non-private schools relatively a couple of nickels.  Do you remember the crap Trezevant pulled in Cookeville in the finals against Greeneville a couple of years ago on the field (and implicated in a more egregious, criminal act off the field)?  Do you think they got it worse than MBA?  I don't.

I can recall only one "death penalty" case, and that was with McCallie's wrestling program in the mid-90s.  I can't recall any public school death penalties.  I think Austin-East had to suspend football (and maybe other sports) in the early 70s for a year, and I think the same occurred at the now-defunct Cameron High School in Nashville in the late 60s.  Those were effectively death penalties, although I don't think the term really took on the meaning it has today until the early 80s with the SMU scandal.

I don't know how things are going to end up in Marion County.  I don't think kids should be punished for the actions of adults, so I hope seasons aren't suspended.  But this comparison is apples and oranges.  What happened at MBA was a violation of a high school athletic association's rules.  What happened at Marion County (and maybe those other two schools mentioned above) involved criminal activity - the kind of stuff that can get your rear hauled off to jail.  If you want to call both cases "deplorable", so be it, but I tend to find criminal behavior a tad bit more concerning for a society and as an example for kids to follow.  That doesn't mean I condone what happened at MBA either.

We'll have to do the proverbial "agree to disagree" on this one.

Edited by rollredroll

I love it when the elitist people get mad. It will give and Wade time to hit the r______ing trail. There are SEC teams that could learn from him. Good coach, don't care much for how he treats people.

Oh wonderful, another ridiculous post on the DII boards.  Elitest? Ahhh the old envy thing - pervasive on the DII boards. Bud, i'm no fan of e-worth but i take it from your post you know bowers or wade personally? i guess you must since you don't care for how they treat folks?  By the way with all of that green maybe you should consider a role in a local production of  Wicked  - you'd be a natural (i'd suspect that went right over your head)

• Upvote 1

Can anyone explain to me what Happened to Bowers and why he got ejected? Will he be there for the Champ game?

Custer

Well after reading this article I would say it is pretty easy to figure out why they were ejected the officals were from Memphis and who do they play in the championship game, a Memphis University School. See link below!

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20131123/SPORTS07/311230079/Ricky-Bowers-top-assistant-likely-miss-Ensworth-title-game?nclick_check=1

Here are a cuople of quotes from the article.

Ensworth is likely to be without coach Ricky Bowers and his top assistant for the Dec. 5 Division II-AA championship gameicon1.png against Memphis University School.

Childress said the game report submitted by Lloyd, head of the Memphis-based Mid-South Football Officials Association crew that was assigned to the contest, will be reviewed Monday and a final decision will be reached.

Anybody see any motive to these ejections.

Oh wonderful, another ridiculous post on the DII boards.  Elitest? Ahhh the old envy thing - pervasive on the DII boards. Bud, i'm no fan of e-worth but i take it from your post you know bowers or wade personally? i guess you must since you don't care for how they treat folks?  By the way with all of that green maybe you should consider a role in a local production of  Wicked  - you'd be a natural (i'd suspect that went right over your head)

Already have, I would see myself playing the Wizard of Oz. As far as envy goes I don't envy cheaters. I am waiting on the "we are just trying to help young people" statement that a lot of the privates always seem to make. The elitist always use that envy line when criticism starts. This will be my last post on the Harvard board, good luck.

I love it when the elitist people get mad. It will give and Wade time to hit the r______ing trail. There are SEC teams that could learn from him. Good coach, don't care much for how he treats people.

Like most coaches, he probably just tells it like he see's it. Sometimes this may step on peoples toes because its not what they want to hear. I have always said you don't have to treat someone the same to be fair, as a matter of fact treating someone the same would be unfair. All situations are different and need to be treated fairly, most of the time this means different. Not sure what is meant by "treats people"? are you really saying how he treated you? If its other people, well that is always debatable. It probably has to do with what side of fence you may have been on. I didn't appreciate how my brother's ex wife treated him, but I am sure there are many who think differently. Lets not throw stones just because we may hold a grudge.

Already have, I would see myself playing the Wizard of Oz. As far as envy goes I don't envy cheaters. I am waiting on the "we are just trying to help young people" statement that a lot of the privates always seem to make. The elitist always use that envy line when criticism starts. This will be my last post on the Harvard board, good luck.

Hmm i seem to see you playing the mayor of munchkin land but then again i could be wrong. and, we use the envy line when ridiculous comments start - a slightly "slight" correction.   I just love the "cheaters' line - its the go to line  but really saying "anyone who has something i don't is cheating".  It's the mantra of our great and divine leader so what the heck, jump on the bandwagon. great comeback!!