1 Mt. Juliet 3-0 

2 Wilson Central 3-0

3 Beech 2-1 

4 Station Camp 2-1 

5 Hendersonville 1-2

6 Portland 1-2 

7 Gallatin 0-3 

8 Lebanon 0-3 

Here are the current standings. At this point I'd have to say Beech is the biggest surprise considering what they lost from last year. 

Edited by BigBoy10

From what I've seen and heard from the summer, it seems to be Mt Juliet's title to lose again. Let's get the predictions going... 

I'll say:

1 Mt Juliet- even without Sally those twins are hard to handle

2 Wilson Central- Coach Wild's trapping style will make them better

3 Station Camp- Young team last year that should show improvement

4 Lebanon- Return their starting backcourt if I'm not mistaken, will need some help...

5 Hendersonville- Sheehan/Jarrett can shoot, can Coach Johnson find them some help?

6 Beech- Lost a lot from last year's team... not sure who will score for them.

7 Gallatin- athletic team that just never seemed to figure it out last year, could be a sleeper if they do.

8 Portland

Here are my preseason predictions, not sure what I was thinking with Lebanon. 

Looks as if Mt Juliet went outside of "the district" tonight and lost at Stewart Creek.  Is Stewart really that good.  I thought the better teams in that district would be Oakland and Blackman.

Stewarts Creek is in the bottom half of 7-AAA.  Top half is Blackman, Riverdale, Oakland and Smyrna,  Mt Juliet isnt that good...in comparison to teams playing on a national level

Edited by WarriorFan

Stewarts Creek is a pretty good basketball team especially for a second year program. They are 11-2 on the year with their only losses to Oakland and Smyrna. The Smyrna game was a tuff 2 point loss where the bulldogs score a basket at the the buzzer for the win. Blackman and Oakland are the top 2 in the district no doubt but Riverdale, Smyrna and Stewarts Creek will battle it out for 3,4,5. This will be an exciting district as it is every year.

• 4 weeks later...

Big 9AAA matchup tomorrow night as Wilson Central hosts Mt Juliet. Both are undefeated in district play and are having great seasons so far. Who ya got winning this one?

Mt. Juliet won easily with excellent defense by forcing lots of turnovers and limiting Centrals shooters from barely taking any shots. Mt. Juliet's size and experience is just too much for the rest of the district it appears. Hendersonville hung close because they shot 80% from three point range that night. My guess is that kind of performance won't happen again. I've seen potential Region and sub-state opponents in Rossview and Brentwood play and not sure that they can handle Mount Juliet's attack either. Potentially, The next meaningful game the Lady Bears will play is the Region championship against Rossview, the sub-state  against region 6 runner-up Brentwood and then into the States. it's not hard to see that scenario playing out because no one in region 6 is going to beat Dickson County either.

Mt. Juliet won easily with excellent defense by forcing lots of turnovers and limiting Centrals shooters from barely taking any shots. Mt. Juliet's size and experience is just too much for the rest of the district it appears. Hendersonville hung close because they shot 80% from three point range that night. My guess is that kind of performance won't happen again. I've seen potential Region and sub-state opponents in Rossview and Brentwood play and not sure that they can handle Mount Juliet's attack either. Potentially, The next meaningful game the Lady Bears will play is the Region championship against Rossview, the sub-state  against region 6 runner-up Brentwood and then into the States. it's not hard to see that scenario playing out because no one in region 6 is going to beat Dickson County either.

On paper, your prediction makes perfect sense based on scores, records, etc. But crazy things happen at tournament time...pressure, injuries, flu...anything can happen. I think Mt Juliet is the best team in the region but the best team doesn't always win...same for Rossview, Dickson etc. It'll be interesting to see what happens...It'll be here soon.