Alcoa v. CPA 3A Championship

#9 for cpa did NOT look like D1 talent to me...maybe it was the weather but he just seemed to be going through the motions...thinking I may give him a run for his $ right now...mho

I agree. Big fan of #9 and he is a great talent who had a great year, but something was wrong other than the weather and great D by Alcoa. He didn't seem to be in the game. Would like to know if he was sick, hurt, or just down mentally for some other reason. Regardless, he never got going. The 4th down pass inside the 10 at the end, on replay, was interference by the Alcoa defender, but he still should have caught it and didn't appear to fight through the contact. A score there wouldn't have changed outcome. Oh well, everyone has off days and the opponents yesterday contributed to that. Again, proud of CPA and impressed with Alcoa and their awesome tradition.

CPA did a good job of making the the tackle and not giving up the big run play. Several tackles in the backfield or at los. Then again several kids got flat ran over before a tackle was made.

Alcoa was content with step #1: to run the ball with dominence and play to the weather conditions. Imagine for a moment if we were to proceed to step #2: play action pass....