Alcoa v. CPA 3A Championship

All the players on the CPA team are paying their own way. No players are getting a free ride private education....and there are no other private schools within a reasonable travel area. Thanks for the info.

Not sure that I understand your post. There are lots of other private schools nearby that do provide athletic scholarships (they play Division II) and a few that do not (that play Division I).

Not sure that I understand your post. There are lots of other private schools nearby that do provide athletic scholarships (they play Division II) and a few that do not (that play Division I).

That was my understanding on what you said. CPA is broke and cannot afford to give out scholarships.Thus,they have no players on their current team that receive a free ride education in return that they play sports. I also took that the school is broke and cannot afford to travel to play other privates that play in their own division (DIV ll or DIV l). That is why CPA uses the multiplier and plays in the public school division. Is that not what you meant?

Edited by MrTwister

That was my understanding on what you said. CPA is broke and cannot afford to give out scholarships.Thus,they have no players on their current team that receive a free ride education in return that they play sports. I also took that the school is broke and cannot afford to travel to play other privates that play in their own division (DIV ll or DIV l). That is why CPA uses the multiplier and plays in the public school division. Is that not what you meant?

I see why you are called MrTwister now. LOL

I see why you are called MrTwister now. LOL

Is that what you were saying? If not then please repeat why CPA is playing in the publics division and not along side their private school brothers. I'm not twisting your words.That was what I got out of your explanation. The name is only meant to show who I support.As in a Tornado is also called a twister. This is how an argument starts and I just got out of trouble with coacht and I don't plan on going there again.

Is that what you were saying? If not then please repeat why CPA is playing in the publics division and not along side their private school brothers. I'm not twisting your words.That was what I got out of your explanation. The name is only meant to show who I support.As in a Tornado is also called a twister. This is how an argument starts and I just got out of trouble with coacht and I don't plan on going there again.

Well first off, no one said that CPA was broke. There is a huge difference in saying that you don't want to add scholarships to your budget and that you are broke. So, when you make that interpretation, it sounds as if you really don't want to an answer. Maybe I misinterpreted your response, but I don't think so…….

Well first off, no one said that CPA was broke. There is a huge difference in saying that you don't want to add scholarships to your budget and that you are broke. So, when you make that interpretation, it sounds as if you really don't want to an answer. Maybe I misinterpreted your response, but I don't think so…….

The way I've lived my life is I don't accumulate debt. I live within my means. Meaning I owe nothing to no one. I built my own home after I bought my land. I've never financed a new or used car (paid with cash). I've never had a credit card. Was raised by my grandparents who taught me to never rely on credit. In other words if you can't pay for it now,you don't need it. I think that is the best way to live. If you spend what you don't have,then you're broke!

The way I've lived my life is I don't accumulate debt. I live within my means. Meaning I owe nothing to no one. I built my own home after I bought my land. I've never financed a new or used car (paid with cash). I've never had a credit card. Was raised by my grandparents who taught me to never rely on credit. In other words if you can't pay for it now,you don't need it. I think that is the best way to live. If you spend what you don't have,then you're broke!

I think that is admirable. However 70% of Americans who own homes have mortgage debt. Even Dave Ramsey says that it is fine to have a mortgage. Just because you have a mortgage doesn't mean you are broke. Sorry, but I disagree with your premise.

I think that is admirable. However 70% of Americans who own homes have mortgage debt. Even Dave Ramsey says that it is fine to have a mortgage. Just because you have a mortgage doesn't mean you are broke. Sorry, but I disagree with your premise.

ok...but might I add that Dave Ramsey isn't someone I'd listen too if he thinks the best way to live is under the thumb of someone else.