Alcoa v. CPA 3A Championship

Sportsnerd...u have lost all credability on here after the posts on your rankings thread. Please exit right! If this was a dry field, you wouldnt get anyone to take cpa and 21 points if both teams passes every play. Dont sound any worse than you already do! On a dry field...alcoa 49-14.

Tell yourself what ever you need to help you sleep at night. Alcoa won big and it would have been worse in good conditions. You think it hampered your team and not theirs?

Didn't say that. I said it made both teams one-dimensional and Alcoa is built better for that. You do not know it would have been worse and I do not know either. You just can't take a win and let it go. Winning and trash talking is the worst of sportsmanship.

I am NOT saying CPA would win, but I would like to have seen this game played in good weather. CPA had no chance if they couldn't throw downfield. It took CPA a half to figure out you can't tackle Tyson above the waist. He's a great back, but the Alcoa line is awesome as well.

Penalty on the punt made final score worse than it should have been, but Alcoa a better team and made very few mistakes. That's what champs do. Proud of a great year by the Lions.

Wet, dry, 30 degrees or 90 degrees, the bottom line is CPA got whipped. All the talk about how Alcoas line would be whipped by CPAs D1 line makes me laugh. I guess Martin will need to go and get some advise from the BB team on how to get better players. I don't believe in naming players by name, but I didn't see much from CPAs D1 prospects!!!

I challenge you to find ONE post anywhere where any CPA poster said CPA's line would whip Alcoa's line. You won't! Take your win with some class instead of making up things that were never said.

I am NOT saying CPA would win, but I would like to have seen this game played in good weather. CPA had no chance if they couldn't throw downfield. It took CPA a half to figure out you can't tackle Tyson above the waist. He's a great back, but the Alcoa line is awesome as well.Penalty on the punt made final score worse than it should have been, but Alcoa a better team and made very few mistakes. That's what champs do. Proud of a great year by the Lions.

Alcoa can throw too...think it would have been worse.

Alcoa won. The best 2 players on the field were #s 1 and 2 from Alcoa. The Alcoa linemen are big and physical.

The difference maker to me IMHO was #6 from Alcoa. He could cover Richard man for man and allowed Alcoa to have an advantage that nobody else that has played CPA has had. They didn't have to "over compensate" when preparing on "how to cover Richard". They just said #6 can do it and we will win everywhere else.

I am NOT saying CPA would win, but I would like to have seen this game played in good weather. CPA had no chance if they couldn't throw downfield. It took CPA a half to figure out you can't tackle Tyson above the waist. He's a great back, but the Alcoa line is awesome as well.

Penalty on the punt made final score worse than it should have been, but Alcoa a better team and made very few mistakes. That's what champs do. Proud of a great year by the Lions.

Wet, dry, 30 degrees or 90 degrees, the bottom line is CPA got whipped. All the talk about how Alcoas line would be whipped by CPAs D1 line makes me laugh. I guess Martin will need to go and get some advise from the BB team on how to get better players. I don't believe in naming players by name, but I didn't see much from CPAs D1 prospects!!!

Granted Alcoa won, but by the time CPAs linemen got the Alcoa line hands off the jersey the RB was 5 yards down the field. I know Coach Martin was asking the officials to call this. but apparently holding is now a legal play in football.

Congrats to Alcoa. It wasn't the blowout that many of the Alcoa fans had predicted, but Alcoa would probably win the 4A and 5A divisions as well. CPA showed that they are clearly the #2 team in 3A and now knows what they have to do to make it to the next level. Better field conditions probably would have made the game closer, but I think Alcoa still wins this one.