Henry County Vs. West

RunninRebels

Facts, I usually enjoy your posts, but I've gotta give my two cents here.

The advantage Maryville has over EVERY team they play is coaching, and it has been for a long time. Those kids are prepared for almost anything and everything an opponent might throw at them, and for the few things they're not prepared for, you can bet it will take Quarles all of around 10 minutes to figure it out...and then stop it.

Ever notice the only teams Maryville ever seems to lose to are the freakishly athletic ones? Whitehaven, Hillsboro, White Station, etc. The only reason is because those teams have enough talent to compensate for the coaching differential, and they still usually have to fight tooth and nail to beat them. But if they're playing against an equally or less talented team, the opponent is usually blown off the field. It's not because of some imaginary hurdle or mystique, it's because they have an offensive genius guiding them with an excellent staff to boot.

Quite frankly, I cannot believe GQ has stayed at the high school level this long.   

MSU, do you honestly believe that Quarles could move over to Maryville Heritage and coach and scheme them into an immediate winner ( without some of his players transferring )??

The advantage Maryville has over EVERY team they play is coaching, and it has been for a long time. Those kids are prepared for almost anything and everything an opponent might throw at them, and for the few things they're not prepared for, you can bet it will take Quarles all of around 10 minutes to figure it out...and then stop it.

Ever notice the only teams Maryville ever seems to lose to are the freakishly athletic ones? Whitehaven, Hillsboro, White Station, etc. The only reason is because those teams have enough talent to compensate for the coaching differential, and they still usually have to fight tooth and nail to beat them. But if they're playing against an equally or less talented team, the opponent is usually blown off the field. It's not because of some imaginary hurdle or mystique, it's because they have an offensive genius guiding them with an excellent staff to boot.

Quite frankly, I cannot believe GQ has stayed at the high school level this long.   

This is what I tried to tell people about 2 weeks ago. SPOT ON!

Hey FactsOnly , I wish you would stick to your Namesake until next week ok ? Fulton found out what a Toll playing all of those " IFL " games during the week does to your " Real Game " on Friday night , and barely walked away with a win over Catholic . So if you don't mind we'll schedule our Loss to you in the Imaginary Football League after Saturday night . Ok with you ? :mrgreen:

Not taking anything away from Maryville. I'm taking it away from those who hand them the championship before the season starts. I'm sure Coach Quarles himself would question the reasoning of the poster who said they'll win 3 or 4 years from now.

Don't make me list the teams from years past who took down Goliath because they didn't drink the Kool-Aid. You know I will.

Crap. I meant to not get back in this argument. But it is too easy to win, so I couldn't resist.