Haywood Keeps Rolling

tomcatfan

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen 3 years straight how good CPA is. The only teams I see beating them in TN is White Station or Hamilton. These guys are so complete and very well coach

That maybe true, but all the guys on Haywood team are from Haywood, we are playing with the hand GOD gave us. With that being said , we want to play the best, so our kids can get better. It's about getting our kids to college so they can be successful, and if playing the best is what we got to do to prove that we belong with the best and that what we will do. Remember what ever happen to this point Haywood has had a great season, 23-0 to this point with more games to play. We are proud of our players and will be where they are, and if CPA in our way, we will deal with them no matter what, and they will have to play to beat us, just like we will have to play them. If it was easy, everybody would do it.

Haywood is a good team because they complement each other very well. They just fit together like puzzle pieces and have that heart about themselves. They don't have any superstars per say, but Varnado is a very smart player which makes him even better. However with all that being said, CPA will beat them by 15-20+ also. It might sound hard to believe to some people, but I think they're going to be a lot of faithful Tomcats supporters stunned when it actually happens.

This is my point Haywood has a great team just like the southside team from last year. Us southside fans heard about cpa but thought we could handle them after beating bolivar and liberty but cpa was on a different level. It wouldnt have mattered how many times ss  played cpa last year cpa would have beat them everytime. I think ss and haywood have the best chance to beat cpa but i dont think it will happen. I will be pulling for haywood unless they play my hawks 

• 3 weeks later...

Ripley takes down Haywood in district championship game by 5. 27-1

It was coming sooner or later...too many teams have been hanging with them thus far for them to stay undefeated. It will be interesting to see how they come back from a loss against a decent Westwood team. The weakness of this Haywood team is, honestly from watching their games all season, they don't play good defense. You can get the shots you want against them. They rely on getting the ball out of bounds quickly & play fast transition basketball. They want to out score their opponents. They are a Grade A transition team, but slow them down & they are an average half-court offense team as Ripley exploited tonight. Congrats to Ripley on a great tournament run & a good win. I'm curious to see how Haywood reacts from their first loss.

It was coming sooner or later...too many teams have been hanging with them thus far for them to stay undefeated. It will be interesting to see how they come back from a loss against a decent Westwood team. The weakness of this Haywood team is, honestly from watching their games all season, they don't play good defense. You can get the shots you want against them. They rely on getting the ball out of bounds quickly & play fast transition basketball. They want to out score their opponents. They are a Grade A transition team, but slow them down & they are an average half-court offense team as Ripley exploited tonight. Congrats to Ripley on a great tournament run & a good win. I'm curious to see how Haywood reacts from their first loss.

To address what you said about team defense. Go look at the scores and you will see they held teams below 50 points most games. What is the strength of Ripley? Watching #11 go one on one all night? He got not at the right time tonight. I can't take anything from the effort of Ripley. I believe this loss will help refocus the team. I have not seen you comment on Ripley all year but they win one game and here you come. If I remember correctly Haywood leads Ripley 2-1 this season.

If you know anything about sports, you know how hard it is to be the hunted all year long. These guys have taken everyone's best shot all year. You also know how hard it is to beat a team three times. They will respond to this loss and regain focus. Great job Ripley, take the tournament championship while we continue on to trying to win a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP!!

I watched Haywood play for the 1st time last night and if they played in 16AA they wouldn't have been undefeated this long! They are a good team but nothing special about them to me. They let one man #11(who was in foul trouble most of the game) kill them! Great teams do not lose games to teams with one good player! When the game got close Haywood just fell apart! Ripley exposed a lost of weaknesses

To address what you said about team defense. Go look at the scores and you will see they held teams below 50 points most games. What is the strength of Ripley? Watching #11 go one on one all night? He got not at the right time tonight. I can't take anything from the effort of Ripley. I believe this loss will help refocus the team. I have not seen you comment on Ripley all year but they win one game and here you come. If I remember correctly Haywood leads Ripley 2-1 this season.

If you know anything about sports, you know how hard it is to be the hunted all year long. These guys have taken everyone's best shot all year. You also know how hard it is to beat a team three times. They will respond to this loss and regain focus. Great job Ripley, take the tournament championship while we continue on to trying to win a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP!!

My plan was to actually wait till they took a loss from whoever and then share my opinions about their defensive weakness and offensive strengths because if I would've shared it before hand people like you would've said something like then why are they still winning. All I stated was Ripley exposed their weaknesses, period. Ripley is honestly not even the second best team in the district and still beat Haywood. I applaud Haywood for staying undefeated this long, it is a heck of a task to put up a record like that. However, now it's the post-season and now is when it matter so that is why I want to see how they react and how they play in the post season against tougher competition. Don't get so upset tomcatfan lol. Just so you know I'm not even a Ripley fan or from Ripley if you think I'm jumping on some kind of bandwagon, I'm not. Besides why would you jump on a bandwagon that won't even pan out? Ripley isn't even that good, they will lose first or second round of regionals.

I saw Westwood in the HUB classic at the Oman Arena in December. They really didnt impress me at all. North Side's guards could get their shot against the Longhorns defense, and they actually hung around until the fourth quarter, until turnovers led to easy transition baskets for Westwood. Haywood should win this game going away, but as they say, "Thats why they play the games." Offensively look out for #2 for Westwood. Their leading scorer, not a shooter, but more of a driver. They can crash the boards also.