UNION CITY GOLDEN TORNADOES 2014

Halliday80

Just curious, ucdiditagain.........  Does the boys BB team have a lot of football players on it?  I was surprised when we moved my son to NCS that only a few football guys played basketball.  When I was in HS, everyone played three sports - went from football to basketball (or hockey, I'm from the North) to baseball.

2 or 3 football players play basketball, maybe 5 play baseball.  Majority of football players on track team. 

Thanks for the kind words towards the U C fans.  We do our part of the trash talking....just like many on here.  But, we earned everything we have...just like anyone else.    There are many who will never respect Union City.  We win, we still get little respect.  I want to invite each of you....fans of high school sports and the few haters of Union City to drive to our community...drive to our school...see what our facilities are like and then walk in the school.  See the case after case of GOLD and Silver Footballs and Basketball....the tons of regional and district championships.....that are displayed in our entrance into the school.  We are Proud in Union City.  How many schools can say...single or 6 A that they had a boys AND a girls basketball team go 37-0 to win a state championship.....very, very few.  We like to brag yes....but we like our pride.  So as the season goes on...it may sound like trash talking....but PRIDE is the word we use.  NO EXCUSE is what we say in Union City.  Folks...our community is small...we are recovering from a Goodyear factory that we lost 3000 jobs about 3 yrs ago.  yes....it is much better today but our coaches...players...administration....help pull our kids together...our community together and help heal what we lost.  Not going on a soap box but WE HAVE  P R I D E  !!!!!!  And you won't ever take that away.  I am looking forward to this season...should be fun but those years like last year are very very special.  I along with others here are ready for the Friday night lights to be turned on....and then we move into basketball...as our boys should do well and could win the state.....we are loaded there also.  We will talk basketball in basketball season.  Til then....see you on Friday night(s).

good way of putting things in perspective.  There is a lot of  pride in UC but we have been through some hard times, just like any small community.  I like the work ethic of our school, administration, teachers, students, academic and sport programs.  Overall fan base could be better and  more supportive, but that is how it always has been.  Keep working hard, be humble, and thank the Lord everyday for your blessings (and hardships)

Atlas any updates from camp?

getting in shape, developing depth, getting tougher, meaner, stronger.  Pounding the rock and learning to exert their will even when the other team knows exactly where the ball is going.   Scrimmaging Columbia central today.  3 way scrimmage on Thursday vs Mount Pleasant and Perry county. 

Edited by Atlas

The 5A Columbia???

yes, we have football camp every year in Columbia and have several joint workouts with Columbia central's team during this week (7on7, lineman, JV, scrimmages, etc)  Team stays at 4H camp across street from Columbia's high school. 

yes, we have football camp every year in Columbia and have several joint workouts with Columbia central's team during this week (7on7, lineman, JV, scrimmages, etc)  Team stays at 4H camp across street from Columbia's high school.

[/quote

Holy Smokes. Let me know how that turns out. ]

Im really excited this year I hope UC does it again. NCS dad im sad to say the semi-finals if we do face yall I will not be able to attend cause I will be in Florida for thanksgiving. NCS DAD I have to say you are a great guy especially last year when you offered to help with gas just so I could make the trip I never forgot that and wont ever. BigSwo I shall see you again this season I may have to sneak away from work to attend a few games but I look forward to see you again buddy.