UNION CITY GOLDEN TORNADOES 2014

Halliday80

Good to spread one's circle of acquaintances... even amongst "enemy". Ha. If anyone has played Dresden, you've heard me. Loudest of loud! My voice and noisemaking is getting legendary. :) Two reasons I have to sit by myself on bottom row near field: 1. public requested it lest I disturb other fans in stands! & 2. Our coaches & players asked me to sit closer so they and other team's players & fans can hear me better. Ha! Both true. I'm big (even though I lost 288 lbs & counting i still hefty, thus "hevy",), usually in black, glasses, with horn, cowbell, megaphone, walking cane, and other stuff for making noise. An arsenal of fan stuff! Since players & coaching staff give it their all, shouldn't we give our all as fans? Which is short for FANATICAL, right? I crazy, wild, out-there, intense.. thus the "revy" in name, I not just been a minister but I rev-it-up too, get intense and involved in doing my part as a cheering, supportive fan. Doing my job all way to the end no matter the score! I try anyways, shouldn't everyone? :) rhut rhow.. I realized I not only gave info to meet other CoachT'ers, but a "sniper" can take me out now. ( I wish... I am so ready for Home!) lol

congrats on the 288..awesome

• 4 weeks later...

Getting ready for some football. UC performimg well in the 7on7 tournaments this past weekend. Getting to the championship game against a 6A school. The Tounament was in Paducah Ky. All reports are good. I for one am ready to see that veer in action. The boys are hungry and are looking forward to start hitting.

Guest hevyrevy1611

congrats on the 288..awesome

thanks. Got about 200 more to go. ... may write a book on how I did it too. .. my goal? I trying to reach my original weight... seven pounds eight ounces. :D yuk yuk yuk!

Guest hevyrevy1611

Okay I recnetly spoke with some of the UC players and asked them how things are going and if there was a huge focus on returning to the title game. The response I got was a little surprising but also made sense to me. They are saying that last year is in the past and they are leaving it there. The focus is on getting better and stronger and that's it. No one is screamimg about a "Back To Back" title. Keeping it simple. I really like that. Coach Bowling is doing a fine job with these young men. I look forward to the start of the season. August is coming.

dude. impressive. attitude & sweat is magic ingredients. sounds like UC tuned up & hitting on all cylinders. especially in that attitude/ mind-set training, which is imo a big, if not biggest key. hope you all stay injury free.

UC wins lineman challenge and went undefeated in  7 on 7 competition in today's Dyersburg Lineman and 7 on 7 Challenge (looked like a bunch of teams)

Keep up the hard work UC and stay hungry.

Stay healthy, play physical, compete, and limit fumbles.  If we are able to do this, we'll be tough to handle this year. 

UC wins lineman challenge and went undefeated in  7 on 7 competition in today's Dyersburg Lineman and 7 on 7 Challenge (looked like a bunch of teams)

Keep up the hard work UC and stay hungry.

Stay healthy, play physical, compete, and limit fumbles.  If we are able to do this, we'll be tough to handle this year. 

Did UC play in the afternoon. Did not see them this morning. LC went 3 and 1 this morning and finished second in linemen challenge behind Dyersburg. They must of had two sessions.

Union City has a rare opportunity . And from all indications they appear poised to stay the course. Good luck. I hope our Pirates at least have another crack at the champs

Thanks boosbro. It's gonna take some things going our way to get back to the title game. As you well know, it's tough to win a state championship, let alone back to back. I am like Atlas, we need to play physical, compete and limit fumbles and maybe things will work out for another shot at another title game with your Pirates.  First let's play the regular season  and stay healthy and get through the playoffs. Good Luck.

uC did very well. Played at UTM. Senior linemen in elite camp, others in 7 on 7. UC won overall champ. Uc beat waverly, Dresden, dyer county, Tca, liberty tech, horn lake, and Memphis trezevant in championship game. We did lose to trousdale county in round robin play in morning. Might have been another team in there that we beat. About 10 games in all. Proud of linemen who had good showing as well. Uc jv participated as separate team and got valuable experience as well. Overall a good day where we got a lot of good work in on defense. Proud of the way they handled themselves as well.

uC did very well. Played at UTM. Senior linemen in elite camp, others in 7 on 7. UC won overall champ. Uc beat waverly, Dresden, dyer county, Tca, liberty tech, horn lake, and Memphis trezevant in championship game. We did lose to trousdale county in round robin play in morning. Might have been another team in there that we beat. About 10 games in all. Proud of linemen who had good showing as well. Uc jv participated as separate team and got valuable experience as well. Overall a good day where we got a lot of good work in on defense. Proud of the way they handled themselves as well.

Sounds like UC is ready for another run at the Ship! Curious how the TCA game was score wise ?