UNION CITY GOLDEN TORNADOES 2014

Halliday80

NCS is the team that is scary good to me.  Absolutely no disrespect to SP, but SP lost a lot of talent and NCS returns a lot of big time talent.  From UC standpoint, just stay healthy, be physical, compete, and please don't fumble.  If we are able to do those things, we should be pretty tough. 

NCS is the team that is scary good to me.  Absolutely no disrespect to SP, but SP lost a lot of talent and NCS returns a lot of big time talent.  From UC standpoint, just stay healthy, be physical, compete, and please don't fumble.  If we are able to do those things, we should be pretty tough. 

I don't want to muck up the UC board with pro-NCS propaganda, so I'll keep this brief........

And please don't read any disrespect to SP into this.  I think that they will once again represent the East in Cookeville.

If things fall into place like we all think they will, the championship game will be the semi-finals played in Union City between UC and NCS.

Edited by NCSdad1962

I don't want to muck up the UC board with pro-NCS propaganda, so I'll keep this brief........

And please don't read disrespect to SP into any of this. I think that they will once again represent the East in Cookeville.

If things fall into place like we all think they will, the championship game will be the semi-finals played in Union City between UC and NCS.

I totally agree with you. I just don't think that "we all" would agree with you.

And please don't read disrespect to SP into any of this. I think that they will once again represent the East in Cookeville.

I agree with this observation. SP won't be what they have been the past 10 years. Union City and Nashville Christian are the two best teams in 1A. Brothers is doing a great job of getting the talent at NCS and putting them toward the top of 1A.

I believe Union City is in a class of their own this season. Nashville Christian might be able to stay within a couple of TD's but I think that's the closest anyone gets to them in 2014.

I truly believe that for anyone to beat UC, they (UC) would have to turn the ball over about 3-4 times at the end of long drives.  If they turn it over after 2-3 plays of a drive that doesn't really change anything.  Even if the opponent scores after the turnover, UC just goes back to eating up clock and marching toward another score.  That UC offense is totally impressive.  And now BigSwo is talking about how good the passing game looks.  And it killed us last year.

Edited by NCSdad1962

I agree with this observation. SP won't be what they have been the past 10 years. Union City and Nashville Christian are the two best teams in 1A. Brothers is doing a great job of getting the talent at NCS and putting them toward the top of 1A.

It's great to see you back on CoachT!!  Guess that means we're not too far away from the first kickoffs.

Edited by NCSdad1962

I agree. Let me blow you guys horn ! Union City has earned their respect. The polls are pre-season. SP has alot to replace. Union City is heads and shoulders above any other 1-A program this season.

And please don't read any disrespect to SP into this.  I think that they will once again represent the East in Cookeville.

I believe Union City is in a class of their own this season. Nashville Christian might be able to stay within a couple of TD's but I think that's the closest anyone gets to them in 2014.

I truly believe that for anyone to beat UC, they (UC) would have to turn the ball over about 3-4 times at the end of long drives.  If they turn it over after 2-3 plays of a drive that doesn't really change anything.  Even if the opponent scores after the turnover, UC just goes back to eating up clock and marching toward another score.  That UC offense is totally impressive.  And now BigSwo is talking about how good the passing game looks.  And it killed us last year.

confucius say...TC beat UC in pool play on 7 vs 7 a few weeks ago...but i think UC won the bracket play tournament....UC should win 1A without much competition this year imho.

Oh and BTW....SP and UC have 1 thing going for them both....they are both 1a schools drawing kids from a county of 30,000 plus unlike most 1A and 2A teams!!

Edited by confuciuschang

confucius say...TC beat UC in pool play on 7 vs 7 a few weeks ago...but i think UC won the bracket play tournament....UC should win 1A without much competition this year imho.

Oh and BTW....SP and UC have 1 thing going for them both....they are both 1a schools drawing kids from a county of 30,000 plus unlike most 1A and 2A teams!!

If SP is drawing from 30,000 they need to do a better job because we only have 28-30 kids this year and none of them are new except for a few freshmen that played for our middle school last year.

Yep we gonna run and run and run but if you crowd the line we have the capability to burn you bad. Haven't had that in the past. Not sure we will see much of an air attack at all this season though. Coach Bowling

has already said he wasn't expecting to "throw it around much". He says " Three things happen when you throw the ball and two of them are bad". Either way, thanks for the props.

Just having a capable passing game makes UC that much more dangerous. Make three passes per game with UC's run game and lights out for 1A this year.

Like Swo's hog head needs to get any bigger.