UNION CITY GOLDEN TORNADOES 2014

Halliday80

Im really excited this year I hope UC does it again. NCS dad im sad to say the semi-finals if we do face yall I will not be able to attend cause I will be in Florida for thanksgiving. NCS DAD I have to say you are a great guy especially last year when you offered to help with gas just so I could make the trip I never forgot that and wont ever. BigSwo I shall see you again this season I may have to sneak away from work to attend a few games but I look forward to see you again buddy.

Hey halliday (jdogg)--glad to see you are still on here. Hope things have improved for you!! Look forwarding to talking with you this year

Guest hevyrevy1611

Saw some UC players at our Dresden vs Lake County scrimmage. Oddly, none of them had on championship rings. But... from other posts, perhaps that reflects the mind-set of "that was then, this is now"... last years wins wont win any game this year. But if that was ME.. ha, I'd be wearing it everywhere. LOL. I heard those are truly nice rings. Methinks this will be an epic year with great games, and somebody from West Tn will again bring back the gold in 1A. Looks like UC is odds on favorite to be straight up, but if not them, then several other W. TN teams are capable imo. Time will tell!

Edited by hevyrevy1611

Can anyone give any information on the transfers we got?

only 1 - Junior from St. Louis area - good athlete and should be back up receiver and linebacker.  We dressed out 32 in state title game last year.  This year we finished camp with 47.  Other new athletes come from good sized incoming freshman class, and few UC athletes that have come out for football that did not play last year. 

The only news I have from the 3 way scrimmage in PC today is that UC defeated PC 5TD's to 0. Does anyone else have more information.

Varsity and JV did well.  Fumbles came with back up qb (never played qb until last week)  Otherwise typical varsity starters only had 1 fumble.  Handled Perry county pretty easily.  Mt Pleasant more difficult - they are fast and athletic.  Varsity defense only gave up 1 td the whole 3 way scrimmage though. 

Varsity and JV did well.  Fumbles came with back up qb (never played qb until last week)  Otherwise typical varsity starters only had 1 fumble.  Handled Perry county pretty easily.  Mt Pleasant more difficult - they are fast and athletic.  Varsity defense only gave up 1 td the whole 3 way scrimmage though. 

Thanks Atlas. Sounds like we are improving our numbers and with only one fumble for the varsity starters is very encourageing. I spoke with the back up qb. He said it was a tough place to be in but he felt confident that he would be able to get the job done. Sounds like we are off to a strong start. I am looking forward to seeing our boys in action. I heard there is a scrimmage with Liberty out of Jackson Next week. Is that here or there?

I still say Union City goes 14-0 and gains back to back state championships this season. I simply see no one touching them.

confucius say...Onion City and SP should dominate 1A....beings ya'll both got a population of 30,000 (give or take a few) to pull from!!!...Anything other than a title game would be a complete failure of your schools administration!!!

confucius say...Onion City and SP should dominate 1A....beings ya'll both got a population of 30,000 (give or take a few) to pull from!!!...Anything other than a title game would be a complete failure of your schools administration!!!

Population dont mean anything unless you have the athletes.