UNION CITY GOLDEN TORNADOES 2014

Halliday80

Yea impressive. We may be better than last year and thats scary.

Man I think we are better. I've watched plenty of Tornado football over the years and I believe these guys are the best I've ever seen. The name of the game on offense is speed. And not just one guy either. All of them can run away from people. Couple that with a dominant O-line and that spells trouble for opposing defenses.

This is a powerful and fast team that could compete in most of the classifications this year. Several boys bench over 300 pounds and 8 starters power clean over 300 pounds. I think they are dressing out 50 plus players.  There is a little depth this year. Aside from an occasional fumble, the only Achilles' heel may be on how well they defend against a good passing team. 

Man I think we are better. I've watched plenty of Tornado football over the years and I believe these guys are the best I've ever seen. The name of the game on offense is speed. And not just one guy either. All of them can run away from people. Couple that with a dominant O-line and that spells trouble for opposing defenses.

Would you guys be open to moving up to 6A this year?  Give the rest of a chance?

Right now I ain't afraid of moving up. In a few more years we will have to anyway. With the program Coach Bowling and his staff implement I will say we will compete in our respective classification. No matter where we end up. The guys who come out for football have to want to play. They hear it from the upper classes about the commitment it takes to play UC football both physical and academic. Bowling is old school tough and demands the same from his players.

I was out helping with the Jr. Tornadoes yesterday and took a look over at the high school boys getting ready for McKenzie. After they had done all that they do during practice Bowling had them out there flipping a huge and I mean HUGE tractor tire or something like that. I thought hmmmm these boys are country strong. I feel really good about what is ahead for us.