Dresden Lions 2014

hogheaven

Guest hevyrevy1611

put one at fb on the goal line

YES! the Chicago Bears did it, giving it to their huge lineman The Fridge to run it in. Miami Dolphins' team, undefeated NFL champs had big power back Larry Csonka (sic?). So yeah, why not? Or run behind him, letting him bulldoze a path Michael Oher style! Biggun beasts in those trenches win games imo! Unsung heros for sure!

The fridge running the ball for a TD was a smack in the face of arguably the best running back in NFL history watching from the sidelines. Bears wouldn't been there without Walter Peyton. He was the bears for years! Dang funny talking hosers! Line a fullback up to block and give the ball to a running back. It's what its supposed to be.

Guest hevyrevy1611

Really yso? You think Peyton had his panties in a wad over that? What a sad commentary on his character if he upset over that fun play they had. Using your logic, QB's can't run ball because they only take snaps & hand off or pass, no more end sweeps or reverses (their job is just catching), no Boise State style center running trick plays, no fake punts or fieldgoals for it's not their job to run or pass, definitly no wildcat either because backs only run, QB's take snaps, etc, et al, ad nauseum. You'll probably not see the fallacy of your logic or position, but it is there. You may be only one I ever here to make that comment, and to me it is a HUGE insult to Walter Peyton's integrity and character to imply he was upset over the Fridge carrying ball. Really? lots of minus points and thumbsdowns on that post.

Heavy how many running qb's make it in NFL? Ask RG 3 how that's working? Vick still starting? Yes its fun to watch at times but what is also fun to watch is a big O line dominating an opponents D with runners doing what they do. Dresden hasn't had a true RB since Zach jolley or matt Hewitt. Granted Raymer and Caldwell were effective but that was more heart and determination than raw skill. Look at Huntingdon or union city. They have bigs winning in the trenches and rb's who can run around or through you. I understand you have become the foremost expert on all things Dresden and I'm proud for you but dang sometimes the sermons are a little over the top.

Heavy how many running qb's make it in NFL? Ask RG 3 how that's working? Vick still starting? Yes its fun to watch at times but what is also fun to watch is a big O line dominating an opponents D with runners doing what they do. Dresden hasn't had a true RB since Zach jolley or matt Hewitt. Granted Raymer and Caldwell were effective but that was more heart and determination than raw skill. Look at Huntingdon or union city. They have bigs winning in the trenches and rb's who can run around or through you. I understand you have become the foremost expert on all things Dresden and I'm proud for you but dang sometimes the sermons are a little over the top.

In the first half of NFC Championship game this past year, Kaepernick had more rushing yards than everyone else's yards combined.

In the first half of NFC Championship game this past year, Kaepernick had more rushing yards than everyone else's yards combined.

Kaepernick and Patrick Willis hit head on wide open who wins? Running QB's don't last. If he keeps running like he does now its a short career for him. H.S. and college are different. Dresden has had pretty good scrambling QB's with older Hutch, younger Hutch and Raymer. Dresser started out that way at Westview but was then moved to more of a passer to preserve his health. Still got hurt running later in year though.

Kaepernick and Patrick Willis hit head on wide open who wins? Running QB's don't last. If he keeps running like he does now its a short career for him. H.S. and college are different. Dresden has had pretty good scrambling QB's with older Hutch, younger Hutch and Raymer. Dresser started out that way at Westview but was then moved to more of a passer to preserve his health. Still got hurt running later in year though.

A good example of a running QB who transformed his game is Donovan McNabb. Was a runner until he figured out that getting lit up to many times resulted in a lot of pain. After this, he became a very good mobile QB who could sit in the pocket and when needed to could take off running.

Roger Staubach the only scrambling qb to ever win the big game in the nfl.

Ummm! Ever Hear of Steve Young or John Elway. They both were scramblers and they won the title. I'm sure there are a couple more out there. Besides Staubach was a Cowgirl. America's team my boo hiney. Where are those fans now? They must have crossed the border and couldn't get back.Bwaahahahahaha. Just Kidding