Early predictions for 8-AA 2014

Seen some of the MC-White Co scrimmage. Was 2-2 WC when I left. MC has some talent but very very young. The freshman QB will be a stud some day, but not this year. Also, MC has a few freshman also in the OL. White Co is way down from last year so hard to tell what MC has. I don't get the feeling that will be in the top three in 8aa. If I where to bet, I say Sparta would be MC 7-14 in a real game. They moved the ball much more consistantly missing a couple scoring opprotunities with drives ending inside the 5.

Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

UpperCumberlandMan glad to hear your opinion of the scrimmage yesterday. It helps me to understand why most of the other people posting disregard your critiques. Little to nothing could be told about the two teams playing yesterday. It was hard to believe the condition of the practice field these two teams played on . A rutty cow pasture would be an accurate description. 10 min into the game Macon had already lost two starters to injuries from the fields condition and the rest of the key players were pulled. The quarterback had to stay in because backup quarterback was one of the injured. White Co. never had full first string in after their first offensive run. So yeah you could really gather a lot of information from this scrimmage.......FUNNY!  

UpperCumberlandMan glad to hear your opinion of the scrimmage yesterday.

its all opinion. I can only judge what was on the field.I am not from Macon nor Sparta so I have no hometown bias. And yes the practice field looked horrible. I still stand by my statement that White would win that matchup if played in the regular season! But it would be close. Both teams were fairly descent with White having a slightly better line, a few more play makers. So who do you pull for? Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

I think his point was, yes DC has had some good offenses, but hasn't won the district trying to out score everyone through the air. I tend to agree. Both LA and DC with have decent Defenses. DC and LA both have great linebacker units. Flatt, Savage, and Blodge have all made all-ditrict at lb for LA. Both with have great pasing offenses with DC the better qb, LA the better WR unit as a whole. It comes down to Boss or Linder...and who has the better OL.

For Dekalb, I think Boss will be an overall better RB than Milan. Bigger, stronger, and tougher.

UpperCumberlandMan glad to hear your opinion of the scrimmage yesterday. It helps me to understand why most of the other people posting disregard your critiques. Little to nothing could be told about the two teams playing yesterday. It was hard to believe the condition of the practice field these two teams played on . A rutty cow pasture would be an accurate description. 10 min into the game Macon had already lost two starters to injuries from the fields condition and the rest of the key players were pulled. The quarterback had to stay in because backup quarterback was one of the injured. White Co. never had full first string in after their first offensive run. So yeah you could really gather a lot of information from this scrimmage.......FUNNY!  

Welcome to CoachT Big Boy. After reading UCM post, it seemed to me that both teams were about equal, with the slight edge going to White Co. Didn't slam either team. Only said White Co. seemed to be down from last year and MC was young but better years to come with a very good young QB.  He didn't go into the playing conditions, which posters seldom do, and that seemed to upset you. Not UCM's fault the conditions not very good.

Welcome to CoachT Big Boy. After reading UCM post, it seemed to me that both teams were about equal, with the slight edge going to White Co. Didn't slam either team. Only said White Co. seemed to be down from last year and MC was young but better years to come with a very good young QB. He didn't go into the playing conditions, which posters seldom do, and that seemed to upset you. Not UCM's fault the conditions not very good.

Thanks. That field was horrible. Both White and Macon will have issues when dealing with teams with speed. But nothing new on that. I think both programs are heading on the up direction. Couple years ago, both were as about as bad as you can get.

To answer my own question, SC 2 to 1 over Hunters Lane. Didn't find out haw many we had out of scrimmage.

Harris and Rutherford didn't play and they were the only ones that were new to not dressing out that would be playing a lot other than the two that were injured earlier this month. It was indeed 2-1 SC. Milan didn't play the first offensive series but came in on the second and he had an immediate impact. Dillon looks to be poised for a very good season.