Early predictions for 8-AA 2014

old school guys like Ronnie Lott and Jack Tatum couldn't play saftey in todays NFL under the current rules.

Its a two edge sword these days. I understand what the NFL is trying to do but it takes away from what football is about. I loved watching Ronnie Lott and you are exactly right. Big hits and intimidation was a huge part of his success.

Its a two edge sword these days. I understand what the NFL is trying to do but it takes away from what football is about. I loved watching Ronnie Lott and you are exactly right. Big hits and intimidation was a huge part of his success.

I can personally see the difference in Eric Berry's play in the NFL vs. while at UT. He still gets big hits in the NFL, but dude was a straight head hunting beast in college. There was a reason teams ignored him at all costs, if at all possible. "Knoshon Mareno meets Eric Berry" plain old nasty!

Edited by DCTIGERFAN

Anyone hear he LA-Gordonville score? I ddnt get off early eough for that one.  East nashville 3-1 over UHS until subs went in and East wont i think 1-0. I was not impessed wih East. Murohy has them at #3...........no way. Last years UH was 4-5 td's better than  them. UH looks weaker than i thought but hung with them farly well. I say Wesmoreland takes them.

Anyone hear he LA-Gordonville score? I ddnt get off early eough for that one.  East nashville 3-1 over UHS until subs went in and East wont i think 1-0. I was not impessed wih East. Murohy has them at #3...........no way. Last years UH was 4-5 td's better than  them. UH looks weaker than i thought but hung with them farly well. I say Wesmoreland takes them.

confucius say...have you seen Whinemoreland play?...NO....how you gonna make a prediction without even seeing a team play...just so you know....Whinemoreland is way overrated this year also....I say EN takes them!!!

confucius say...have you seen Whinemoreland play?...NO....how you gonna make a prediction without even seeing a team play...just so you know....Whinemoreland is way overrated this year also....I say EN takes them!!!

they got to be better than UH this year......way more starters back. I think with one or two more players UH might could have took EN......i was really not impressed

I believe the starters it was LA 3-1. Gordonsville moved the ball but only got it in once on a long pass. LA looked to be stout. Them and DeKalb should be the hands down favorite to take that district.

Pearl Cohn decided to not play from what I hear. We had a long scrimmage against FC. Almost all of it was backups. Starters may have had 8 whole plays together. Trapp made it a point in today's newspaper that he isn't worried about seeing what our starters can do in these scrimmages. FC was too much to handle, but like I said I wouldn't read too far into it. I think every single player played tonight. Looked like he's really trying to add depth.

Each team's starters went 30 plays approx. DC scored 1st on a nice jump ball catch but never moved it past their own 30 after that. FC scored twice on the ground and handled DC up front all night on both sides of the ball despite being called a couple of times for "excessive blocking". After the 1st drive it seemed like Jennings got rattled due to FC pressure but given time he can be dangerous. DC never moved it on the ground. Final w/ starters was 2-1 FC.

FC subs dominated 4-0.

I believe the starters it was LA 3-1. Gordonsville moved the ball but only got it in once on a long pass. LA looked to be stout. Them and DeKalb should be the hands down favorite to take that district.

What did you think of Linder at running back? He is the unknown factor for LA this year that will make or break them. And who looked stronger if you had to choose...LA or DC? Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

You mean we are like the 2a state champs as in way overrated. East Nashville could spank TC even in this down year. They play big boy ball up here in 3a little guy.