Maryville gloating accepted in this thread, calm down on the others

BackinTN

You state above the loophole on how maybe MHS can get a student.

I just ask where if you draw a line or what is fair - I will use Rashan Gaulden (Indy) whom will be playing for UT Vols in 2014......

His Soph season he played private at Brentwood Academy. Junior year his family moves 16 miles & into Indy school zone where he wants to play but TSSAA rules make him sit out Jr year

Reelacks nd66, loosin upp tham paintees..... We haid tha saim thing happen as Tyler Clendenen transfurred frum Knotts Webb baick a few yeers ago.....He haid two sit a seesun ov varsitee footbawl az well.......Now Whitehaven haid tha saim thing happun this yeer butt Mr. Ramadi Warren gott a hardship rooling and wuz deeclared eligibull and played this paist seesun.... :popcorneater:

Edited by STARSNBARS

sure, no one has ever helped a family out with that ridiculously low tuition you have for out of zone students...we all believe that...

Backintn I'm going to have to agree with 5star about this tuition. 2200$ here on the Monroe/Loudon County line amounts to about 4 or 5 of my calves a year. Not cheap to me in no way. That only leaves me about 5 calves to sell to provide the gas money to transport my scrub to Maryville, buy him the fancy clothes(Nike of course) to fit in, and all that tutoring to keep him eligible. To beat all, GQ couldn't get his freezer lid shut down over them T-bones and Ribeye steaks so I had to hire Lloyd S. Collins to deliver a bigger freezer. So that's enough talk about cheap tuition! Only benefit I've seen so far is the garbage service( thx stars )! Edited by countryREB

Question: Do any of these recruiting deals include 4 wheels? I got one getting his driving permit next week. Should he be getting some type of a standard request form to fill out? I have also heard it's no coincidence that Santa wears red. To whom does he give that wish list?

Edited by strongx

Question: Do any of these recruiting deals include 4 wheels? I got one getting his driving permit next week. Should he be getting some type of a standard request form to fill out? I have also heard it's no coincidence that Santa wears red. To whom does he give that wish list?

I'm guessing it all has to do with both the talent level of the player and the negotiating skill of his agent. I'm sure the distance they have to travel from outside of the actual Maryville zone would help leverage a car deal. You guys will have fun with this one.

The recruiting don't go on at MHS.  It starts with Starz at those Easter egg hunts to see which kids can run fast.  Then the youth football coaches take over at age 7 and buy cars & houses for those fast OOZ players.  (Strongx, you didn't get a car cause your son didn't play in the right youth program, although the program wore red and black.  Besides, you live in the Zone)  Cars are only provided for OOZ players.  Starz garbage service starts as soon as the youth coaches figure out who is good and that usually closes the deal. ^_^

Edited by OldRebel2

I'm guessing it all has to do with both the talent level of the player and the negotiating skill of his agent. I'm sure the distance they have to travel from outside of the actual Maryville zone would help leverage a car deal. You guys will have fun with this one.

Sounds like I lose again. Mine's talent level ain't there yet, and I can't afford an agent. Plus, he could walk to school. There should be some sweet deals this next year for the new recruits with our new sales tax.

In 5 years of 6A It has become very obvious that the Middle Tennessee Area has spent years trying to legislate away Competition . This is all new to us at Maryville , when I went there none of us said , Oh my God Brentwood Academy is a Private School with advantages we Don't have ... wah , wah . Nope , we just went and Kicked their butts . At Maryville we have known for years we would Dominate in the highest Division , we would stay and watch the 5A games and it was obvious ... I wish we'd done it years earlier so a few more Middle Tenn teams would be crying right now . 

No wonder you guys don't know what I'm talking about when you have spent so much time whining and Crying about Privates till you got rid of them .... now faced with another threat of course your first reaction would be trying to find a way to Legislate Maryville away from you ....

This sounds like what they are doing in Oklahoma in 6A. Last night Jenks High School beat Union for the 6A title. It was the 18th straight Class 6A football championship won by either Jenks or Union. There’s nothing like it in the history of Oklahoma high school football. Next year there will only be 16 teams in The largest class.

Here is the write up from the Tulsa World:

http://www.tulsaworld.com/homepagelatest/john-klein-jenks-union-dominance-like-no-other/article_feab14e0-63bd-11e3-b738-0019bb30f31a.html

Yes Maryville and Alcoa have great Coaching , but what they really have as the " Secret ingredient " that the middle Tennessee area Public schools don't have a clue about , Is kids that are bought in and dedicated to do whatever it takes to get better . Drive by Maryville or Alcoa High School during the Summer early in the Morning and do a Head Count ... these kids are working out on their own , pushing each other , because they watched their Heroes winning State Championships when they were 8 years old and getting autographs from them and now it's their turn to sign autographs and they don't want to be the weak part of the link . You can't coach this , Maryville and Alcoa have pushed each other to this Level since 1927 .

The article also addresses the youth programs at the two programs.

Fun Fact: Jenks is Maroon and Union is Red/Black...

Sounds like I lose again. Mine's talent level ain't there yet, and I can't afford an agent. Plus, he could walk to school. There should be some sweet deals this next year for the new recruits with our new sales tax.

So it sounds like you live inside the school zone boundaries...that's not the group being discussed. Its the tuition paying students from outside of the school zone.