Maryville gloating accepted in this thread, calm down on the others

BackinTN

I'm going to have to let everyone else handle this one. I'm still in timeout for not playing nice. I miss all the fun anymore.

Case in point.  You have a situation that in all likelihood has a simple answer.  But evading the question gives the impression something is not right.

Thanks though to Starandbars and APB.

Case in point.  You have a situation that in all likelihood has a simple answer.  But evading the question gives the impression something is not right.

I will go on record to state that evading the question is simply a response to having answered said question ad nauseum. 

That bait had been thrown out so many times that the barb is shorn down on it and you just don't get as many hooked as you use to.

For you not to know that answer to the question already suggests either one of two things...You "be trolling" or you have had your head in the sand for the last 15 or so years.

Yep , your team just won a Championship and here you are doing what so many has done before , I bet you do Henry County Proud . Are you really ignorant enough to think that Coach Quarles is Cheating ?? Seriously man , that's why you're asking stuff right ? Oh you're such a genius that you can get to the bottom of Maryville Cheating by asking a few questions . I could very easily start going to the Henry Co threads and start asking questions ... wouldn't that be great if I tried to imply there was something underhanded going on at Henry Co ?? 

Case in point. You have a situation that in all likelihood has a simple answer. But evading the question gives the impression something is not right.

Facts.....I've got you a "case in point". Go back to the same time frame in 2012, or 2011, or 2010, or 2009, or 2008 and on and on. You will find thousands of pages that will answer your questions. Don't be lazy.....do the research yourself.

Back to time out.

I will go on record to state that evading the question is simply a response to having answered said question ad nauseum. 

That bait had been thrown out so many times that the barb is shorn down on it and you just don't get as many hooked as you use to.

For you not to know that answer to the question already suggests either one of two things...You "be trolling" or you have had your head in the sand for the last 15 or so years.

I certainly understand that you guys have had this asked alot and I can appreciate that it gets old.  However, you all will have to appreciate that winning 10 or 15 state titles in a short period of time concurrently with a school 4 miles away doing essentially the same thing will raise questions.  Compound this with the question of whether it is fair to have students from outside the district, when others don't, will make even people with their head in the sand (as you accuse me), wonder if something is screwy.

You can call it trolling, but any consideration will result in you admitting it is a fair question if you are honest.

I guess it comes down to this:  Maryville has access to athletes within the county, at a price, that other teams competing in the same classification do not.  If you tell me that the players on the team who are not residing in the school district have no impact, then I'll accept that.  If that's true though, it better be really true.  Because if it comes out that this or that player who should rightfully be playing at one of the county schools but is a contributor to Maryville High School's football success, then those accomplishments lose credibility.

My head has not been in the sand.  I never really cared.  Still don't.  But when I get curious about something, I try to sort it out for my own satisfaction.

I certainly understand that you guys have had this asked alot and I can appreciate that it gets old.  However, you all will have to appreciate that winning 10 or 15 state titles in a short period of time concurrently with a school 4 miles away doing essentially the same thing will raise questions.  Compound this with the question of whether it is fair to have students from outside the district, when others don't, will make even people with their head in the sand (as you accuse me), wonder if something is screwy.

You can call it trolling, but any consideration will result in you admitting it is a fair question if you are honest.

I guess it comes down to this:  Maryville has access to athletes within the county, at a price, that other teams competing in the same classification do not.  If you tell me that the players on the team who are not residing in the school district have no impact, then I'll accept that.  If that's true though, it better be really true.  Because if it comes out that this or that player who should rightfully be playing at one of the county schools but is a contributor to Maryville High School's football success, then those accomplishments lose credibility.

My head has not been in the sand.  I never really cared.  Still don't.  But when I get curious about something, I try to sort it out for my own satisfaction.

You are what I thought you were . 

Final 2 questions, then I'll render a verdict.

1 What is the percentage of twoishun students in the entire school?

2 What is the percentage of twoishun students on the football team?

3 Is twoishun ever waived?

Well which 2 of these 3 questions would you like answered? Ok I'll just take a shot at all three. Don't want you to think I'm being evasive. 1572 total students in high school, 32 are tuition for a total of 2 %. Around 110 total football players counting freshmen with 32 being tuition for a total of 29%. Tuition is never outright waived but it can be paid in other ways such as lawn mowing, garbage pick up, hunting or fishing trips, freezer beef, babysitting, lawyer service etc. Hope this covers everything. Anything else just ask. Edited by countryREB

Yep , your team just won a Championship and here you are doing what so many has done before , I bet you do Henry County Proud . Are you really ignorant enough to think that Coach Quarles is Cheating ?? Seriously man , that's why you're asking stuff right ? Oh you're such a genius that you can get to the bottom of Maryville Cheating by asking a few questions . I could very easily start going to the Henry Co threads and start asking questions ... wouldn't that be great if I tried to imply there was something underhanded going on at Henry Co ?? 

Facts:

1   I am not ignorant enough

2   I never suggested any cheating

3   I asked this stuff because I wanted to know

4   You could very easily go to the Henry County threads and start asking questions

5   I guess I am such a genius, because I found out with a few questions