Who would Ya'll pick for Preseason 1A top 10?

BigDave1967

So how do you think we've felt knowing this day would come. Saw it coming and helpless to anything about it? Ambassador thought you weren't here 10 yrs ago? Who told you this secret?

I've always kept up with my pirates Boss. The pirates have lost alot of talent the past 6 years. They have some talented freshmen, but it will be a year or two before those guys turn into the dominant seniors we have grown accustomed to seeing. Maybe least talented wasn't the best wording. This will be one of the youngest and unproven teams in awhile. Edited by TheAmbassador

You are correct in the Coalfield and Cloudland debate,but really it just doesnt really matter South Pitt is the only East team that can even make the trip to Cookeville.The losses you all lose as with GB will not allow us to compete past the Semis,the west is loaded Union City and NCS are on totally different levels than the east side as was proven in the finals this yr,hard to admit but the east will be the same as always,South Pitt heads and tails above everyone else and the west above them.

Who does Coalfield have returning that keeps them talked so highly of? From listening to all the preseason talk I thought this was supposed to be their now or never year. No disrespect intended toward Coalfield, I am just curious.

1) Union City

2). NCS

3) Humboldt

4). Dresden

5). Coalfield

6). South Pitt

7) Greenback

8) Wayne County

9) Gordonsville

10) Fayetteville

Good looking list Pirate Thomas. The SP boys will have to rely on younger kids. I believe this will be the first time in a very long time that SP doesn't come into the season with a veteran, proven senior stud RB.

You know the pirates lose virtually all of their offensive production and the entire line. 2014 will be the least talented SP team in 10 years.

Least experienced, yes.  The least Talented, not necessarily.  That remains to be seen.

Edited by rlh

You are right. I made another post about this statement later on. 2014 will be full of young, unproven kids. Hopefully many of them will realize its their time to step up and will represent the P.[/quote

In the words of Dave Baxter ." If you don't play your future in blowout games, the future will come back to haunt you" ! Closed quote

Edited by bossbro

You are right. I made another post about this statement later on. 2014 will be full of young, unproven kids. Hopefully many of them will realize its their time to step up and will represent the P.[/quote

In the words of Dave Baxter ." If you don't play your future in blowout games, the future will come back to hunt you" ! Closed quote

You need to quite buying into the scores and b.s. from people that weren't there.  Which blowouts this year?  Bell Co.?  Hixon?  Polk Co.?  Marion Co.?   The problem with blowouts is that sometimes they aren't blowouts until they are and up until that point, they could be a game.  The Boyd Buch game this year is a good example.  We are up 21 - 0 with a couple to go in the first half and we lay and egg on the 11 yard line that sets them up with a goal line opportunity and they cut it to 21 - 6 at the half.  They received the opening kick and drove down the field and scored cutting it 21 - 13 early in the third.  Sure, SP ended up winning 49 - 19 but it was a ball game through the 4th.  In the playoffs, SP played a backup backfield in the 1st Qtr against Fayetteville. 

As far as Whitwell and LV goes, the younger kids did play, but what real experience did they get? 

You need to quite buying into the scores and b.s. from people that weren't there. Which blowouts this year? Bell Co.? Hixon? Polk Co.? Marion Co.? The problem with blowouts is that sometimes they aren't blowouts until they are and up until that point, they could be a game. The Boyd Buch game this year is a good example. We are up 21 - 0 with a couple to go in the first half and we lay and egg on the 11 yard line that sets them up with a goal line opportunity and they cut it to 21 - 6 at the half. They received the opening kick and drove down the field and scored cutting it 21 - 13 early in the third. Sure, SP ended up winning 49 - 19 but it was a ball game through the 4th. In the playoffs, SP played a backup backfield in the 1st Qtr against Fayetteville.

As far as Whitwell and LV goes, the younger kids did play, but what real experience did they get?

I believe in blending in players. Nothing wholesale or stupid. Now if you don't agree with me that's fine. There is a way to do this. Not here to debate with anyone. Coach Baxter really made this point during his last run in 2007. Go pirates 2014 ! Think this young group will be a bit surprising to some.