Loudon HC position

NoNameD

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loudon and Kingston just don't have the numbers or athletes they used to have. Both towns are both about the same size they were in the 70's. In the 70's Loudon and Kingston were about the same size as Maryville. Blount Co. and Knox CO. have really grown but Loudon and Kingston haven't. They are both smaller and lose good players to the privates it makes it hard for them to compete.

Will the principle be the only one making the decision. Does he have that much power @ Bearden? What about the parents/boosters club or other people that want a say in the decision. Will the principle be able to pull this off? Should Loudon get prepared to loose their HC, and go through the process of starting new with a different HC.

Loudon and Kingston just don't have the numbers or athletes they used to have. Both towns are both about the same size they were in the 70's. In the 70's Loudon and Kingston were about the same size as Maryville. Blount Co. and Knox CO. have really grown but Loudon and Kingston haven't. They are both smaller and lose good players to the privates it makes it hard for them to compete.

Henry Blackburn and Tim Daniels seem to do okay at Loudon when they were there. I understand the place hasn't grown any but they are placed in a division of schools with the same enrollments. It seems that they have gotten weaker than the teams I always considered the weak teams and never though I would live to see that day. I guess I don't want to give up the memory of them being a power house at one time in history. 

Well, we were just in the state finals 8 years ago and should've won, so our glory days are not as near far removed as Loudon's are. But, if we have any chance it will be in the next 3-4 years. We are loaded from the middle schools to our freshmen team this past year that went undefeated.

not as far removed as Loudon's but it has been about 23-24 years since they won a state hasn't it