Loudon HC position

NoNameD

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I wish we would play Alcoa, but what does a 5 or 6A school (besides Maryville) have to gain by playing a 3A school? If you beat them (oh they are3A you should beat them), but if you don't (hahaha you just lost to a 3A school) albeit not your typical 3A school, but their is nothing to gain from it and everything to lose.

Edited by SweetScience

And I wish we would play Alcoa, but what does a 5 or 6A school (besides Maryville) have to gain by playing a 3A school? If you beat them (oh they are3A you should beat them), but if you don't (hahaha you just lost to a 3A school) albeit not your typical 3A school, but their is nothing to gain from it and everything to lose.

Classic defense from someone who's team can not even beat Farragut. Ha.

And I still stand by the fact that yes those 94, 95, 96 Riverdale coached Rankin teams would've mopped the floor with any Alcoa team, maybe except the 2010 team, but they still would've lost. Trust me, I saw them play. 1994 they were 7th in the nation. Yall are good, but you aint that good.

if the boro wasnt adding a new 6a school every other year they would still be dominating 6a football. You put the talent at siegel and Blackman back in Smyrna, Riveradle, and Oakland and there would be 6-7 more titles from those three schools. No slight to Maryville, just fact. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

I pretty much have to  agree UCM. Hard to argue that. That's what we had to deal with back then lol. Back then it was just Oakland and Riverdale. You can imagine the talent. The talent on those Siegel and Blackman teams now were at Riverdale, along with Riverdale's talent, it was insane. 7 SEC players were on that 1994 team. Crazy.

Edited by SweetScience

I agree UCM. That's what we had to deal with back then lol. Back then it was just Oakland and Riverdale. You can imagine the talent. The talent on those Siegel and Blackman teams now were at Riverdale, along with Riverdale's talent, it was insane. 7 SEC players were on that 1994 team. Crazy.

yes, that's were I played, Riverdale. Those 94 kids were young pups when. I was there. And 7 kids with SEC talent with 5-6 more going to Tech, TSU,and MTSU. What people did realize is that we had that many more with thew skills to play college ball but didn't quite have the grades. Back to Loudon, I agree with the earlier post....numbers and private schools are the problem at Loudon and Kingston. Look at what's happen at Rockwood and Harriman since those towns have dried up. No more kids like Copeland coming out of there.

yes, that's were I played, Riverdale. Those 94 kids were young pups when. I was there. And 7 kids with SEC talent with 5-6 more going to Tech, TSU,and MTSU. What people did realize is that we had that many more with thew skills to play college ball but didn't quite have the grades. Back to Loudon, I agree with the earlier post....numbers and private schools are the problem at Loudon and Kingston. Look at what's happen at Rockwood and Harriman since those towns have dried up. No more kids like Copeland coming out of there.

It has happened to a lot of small towns.Every now and then they will have some talent and good teams but it will be hard to be consistent especially when the private schools take some of their better players.

if the boro wasnt adding a new 6a school every other year they would still be dominating 6a football. You put the talent at siegel and Blackman back in Smyrna, Riveradle, and Oakland and there would be 6-7 more titles from those three schools. No slight to Maryville, just fact.

The way the city of Murfreesboro has grown they had no choice to add new schools. Riverdale and Oakland would have 5000 students or more.

BCS, don't even act like it has always been gravy at Alcoa. What about that 3-7 year yall had about hmm 10 years ago? Yall have had some very mediocre teams the past 20 or so years, too. It happens to the best programs. What about Oliver Springs taxing that booty in 2002? Now what? LOL I can play this game, too. In 70 seasons Oak Ridge has had 5 losing seasons. How many has Alcoa had in that time frame? Oh yeah. I can't leave out Wartburg, too :)

Edited by SweetScience