Collinwood 2014

wildcat89

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Early 2003 Ward didn't play with any of those guys. Darrin Ward played with Linville (who was a few years behind). Mark Statom played in the mid nineties, and not with any Ward or Linville. The pujo guy is all sorts of confused. Luker was a lineman with J. Ward. Is that who you're thinking about? No relation to Statom.

Blake Luker and Scottie Rich played with Ward, both were great players in the line...little wonder they had three straight undefeated regular seasons

Cwood looked pretty good in Loretta Thursday, they may not bring many players but the ones they bring will show up to play. Has y'all's new coach been announced yet? Heard there was only one to apply but he would make a good one.

what is this, does the season last all year now?  I didn't even know there was school in July?

I was a little confused by Statom's tactics at times. If a play doesn't work the first 30 times, chances are it won't work the 31st. And play action on third and long on your own three yard line is brilliant. Will all the assistants still stay? 

yeah he was stubborn as heck...and he always struggled fitting guys into the correct position...like last year it was the next to last game before he realized he had an unstoppable running back on his team...good grief, that guy should have started every game the last two years.  Also Statom seemed to have a fondness for puny little guys with skinny legs...he would never take them out of the game.   And he never figured out short dbs had no chance against tall wide outs...he did a lot of things right but he often violated some basic truths of football but overall he did a very good job and worked his backside down to the nub

Edited by TheMirrorThief

yeah he was stubborn as heck...and he always struggled fitting guys into the correct position...like last year it was the next to last game before he realized he had an unstoppable running back on his team...good grief, that guy should have started every game the last two years. Also Statom seemed to have a fondness for puny little guys with skinny legs...he would never take them out of the game. And he never figured out short dbs had no chance against tall wide outs...he did a lot of things right but he often violated some basic truths of football but overall he did a very good job and worked his backside down to the nub

Sounds like you should have applied for the opening.