Cookeville Football 2014

Check the 9-AAA thread. Cookeville looked really good on both sides of the ball. Their lines controlled the game. QB is a player, not the best athlete on the field but a leader. The misdirection hurt a lot and the QB draw was a killer. Only problem were the consistent high snaps. I have always liked Maynord and he has definitely put his stamp on this squad. Did he bring the entire staff with him? Cookeville appears to very workman like and while not blessed with over whelming athleticism, they get the job done with efficiency.

Maynord brought his OC-Gentry & DC-Foster with him from Smith County.

Thanks for the info.

I could not pick out Angel. I did hear the other Wilson Central transfer's name mentioned several times.

Gabe Angel was in shorts & a t-shirt standing with the coaches from what I've been told. Had a scope done over the dead period I believe. You would've been able to pick him out if he had played, 6'3" 215 lb running back. I'm sure they're being real cautious with him at this point cause he'll be a beast if we can keep him healthy. And yeah the other one is Vic Johnson. A good player in his own right.

Edited by THE SQUAD

Gabe Angel was in shorts & a t-shirt standing with the coaches from what I've been told. Had a scope done over the dead period I believe. You would've been able to pick him out if he had played, 6'3" 215 lb running back. I'm sure they're being real cautious with him at this point cause he'll be a beast if we can keep him healthy. And yeah the other one is Vic Johnson. A good player in his own right.

I think Cookeville is headed in a good direction. Maynord knows what he is doing. Good luck to the Cavaliers this year.

UC Man you make the scrimmage with CHS/UHS/Father Ryan?

first couple of series. Cookeville will be improved but not a factor past the 2nd round of playoffs. Still in the weakest 6a/5a district in the state. Rhea Co will win the district in my opinion. CHS second and everyone else way behind. If they were still in the boro district, the would finish 4th behind Oakland,Blackman, and Seigal.

first couple of series. Cookeville will be improved but not a factor past the 2nd round of playoffs. Still in the weakest 6a/5a district in the state. Rhea Co will win the district in my opinion. CHS second and everyone else way behind. If they were still in the boro district, the would finish 4th behind Oakland,Blackman, and Seigal.

Siegel maybe a little down this year. Anybody in middle tennessee that isnt named Ensworth or Brentwood Academy would finish behind Oakland and Blackman this year. If Cookeville can find their way into Quad 1 again, the Quarterfinals are a possibility. 

• Upvote 1

HAHAHA well there would be no shame in finishing 4th in 7-AAA so maybe that's some kind of backhanded compliment? I don't expect them to win the state this year, just be much improved from last year and they are. And it will always be the weakest district in the state as it is set up. Just gotta get some better out of district competition & that will start next year. They can't do anything about the schedule this year, just go play it.

Edited by THE SQUAD

Siegel maybe a little down this year. Anybody in middle tennessee that isnt named Ensworth or Brentwood Academy would finish behind Oakland and Blackman this year. If Cookeville can find their way into Quad 1 again, the Quarterfinals are a possibility.

Maybe so if in Quad 1, I just don't see it. Seigal will be down slightly, a lot due to how tough a district they are in. Greg Wyant, from Sparta Tn, is a great coach and have his team ready to play every week. Would love to see him at CHS or Sparta coaching someday.