Rankings Update

Hamm

Begley has been wrestling 170. He lost tonight to Jefferson County's Garrett English. Maybe he'll go back to 160 after that match? Guess we'll have to wait and see! English has come a long way, but I am surprised he took Begley. I'm sure Begley was surprised, too!

Saw the match from start to end.  I think what we have here was simply got caught out of position situation - yes have seen English look pretty good the times I have seen him this year except one match at a tourney that he really didn't look like he was there, but although improved overall against Begley, I think it is a 1 in 5 type proposition.  All kids have moments where they can loose focus or get caught no matter how good they are.  Congrats to Jeff County making it to state however, they really had great focus and effort across the board that night and even though they got beat pretty good by the Hill they were very competitive every match and showed tremendous heart. Hard working team!

When looking at the team rankings I see where Cleveland is #1 but they lost early in the season to Baylor which is now #3.  Cleveland #1 defeated Father Ryan 2X early in the season at the Cleveland duals & Father Ryan is now #2.  Father Ryan #2 defeated Baylor #3 when they were #1.  Both Baylor & Father Ryan defeated #4 Wilson Central.  Would it not be great for the 8 best teams in Tennessee to square off for a true Tennessee State Dual Wrestling Championship this weekend.  As it is now most teams will be lucky to have a close match before the semi-finals or finals.

An After Season Scrimmage would be a nice draw at MTSU's Tennessee Miller Coliseum (somewhat similar to Cow Palace), a 222,000 square foot facility on 154 acres, is an air-conditioned venue with stadium seating to accommodate 4,600 or Murphy Center for even more room, or another just for middle ground Tullahoma HS or Nisbett Center in Lynchburg, or even UTC this year without The Bros there. What a draw that would be, maybe 6k-10,000 at McKenzie!

Probably couldn't be official on TSSAA Books, but great for the sport and the wrestlers. Admin from All Schools participating would have to go along with it and get this approved to happen.

Am I a dreamer? Happens elsewhere after state's

Edited by Sommers