Knoxville West Job

Dawg01

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HTV you are the man when it comes this stuff but, on this one your wrong, Cummings is interviewing and has to interview with the principal to finalize the process, not saying he will take it but he is their number one and also there is allot more to changing them just funds, classes to be teaching, plan periods, facilities, just saying for some its not just about money.

Which is a not an option in the Knox County School system.  Taking under the table money is a firable offense in the system. 

Didn't say it was under the table.....some Boards allow schools to supplement as long as their records are made public.  Is supplementing from boosters or other sources not allowed by Knox School Board?  Can the school board actually tell 20 businesses that they cannot give a $1,000 gift per year to a man because he is a coach?

I would say that we would all be surprised at how many coaches pay was being supplemented in some way, across the state.

Scott will take the job unless he talks to someone about how much pressure there is to win. How parents and boosters will go straight to the top if you do anything they can complain about. Ask Steve Prince. The field house is nice, but parents and boosters did not put much of that together. It was some real old Bearden money that could care less who somebody is, or what their record is. Just ask Ron Grey. He had a financial package from the boosters to match the OR job, but then he saw how easy it was for him to get boosters, parents, assistant coaches, administration, players and everyone else against the HC at the time. He figured out real quick that the same thing could happen to him even if he had some good teams. Check or ask people connected at Bearden before you leave your dear old West High. BHS is not the job everyone thinks it is. It takes someone from Bearden to put the time, effort, and fortitude to deal with it, much less put a winner on the field.

HTV you are the man when it comes this stuff but, on this one your wrong, Cummings is interviewing and has to interview with the principal to finalize the process, not saying he will take it but he is their number one and also there is allot more to changing them just funds, classes to be teaching, plan periods, facilities, just saying for some its not just about money.

Yep.  I am wrong.  Heard from a couple of folks in the know today that say it is quite possible. 

I am very surprised.  I haven't talked to Coach Cummings since shortly after the Blue Cross Bowl.  Had no idea he was seriously looking this time. 

Edited by HTV

Didn't say it was under the table.....some Boards allow schools to supplement as long as their records are made public.  Is supplementing from boosters or other sources not allowed by Knox School Board?  Can the school board actually tell 20 businesses that they cannot give a $1,000 gift per year to a man because he is a coach?

I would say that we would all be surprised at how many coaches pay was being supplemented in some way, across the state.

Yes.  I said Knox County (Public) Schools.  The theory is that if all schools can't do it, then no school can do it.  That is one of the reasons it's been difficult for Knox County public schools to bring in high profile coaches from out of the county like some of the surrounding counties can do. 

Edited by HTV

Yep. I am wrong. Heard from a couple of folks in the know today that say it is quite possible.

I am very surprised. I haven't talked to Coach Cummings since shortly after the Blue Cross Bowl. Had no idea he was seriously looking this time.

what is he thinking? He built up Knoxville West to a contender and took them to state and he is going to leave that for a program that was a dumpster fire last year? If he stays at West he will most likely win a title next year... I just don't see why he would want to go to Bearden right now. It makes no sense.

Yep. I am wrong. Heard from a couple of folks in the know today that say it is quite possible.

I am very surprised. I haven't talked to Coach Cummings since shortly after the Blue Cross Bowl. Had no idea he was seriously looking this time.

what is he thinking? He built up Knoxville West to a contender and took them to state and he is going to leave that for a program that was a dumpster fire last year? If he stays at West he will most likely win a title next year... I just don't see why he would want to go to Bearden right now. It makes no sense.

What a huge mistake to go to Bearden. Those people will be down his throat and I can tell him fast he won't have the athletes he had at West. He needs to ask the former coach why he really stepped down before making a silly mistake like that. I can tell you as a Maryville fan that playing West next year with what they have coming back has us concerned and your fixing to throw all that away. He needs his head examined.if true.