McNairy Central Bobcats

Bobcats83

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a former player for MCHS in the early 80's. I was on the team with Steve. He was two years ahead of me. Please listen to me when I say this, " this years team is the least talented team that MCHS has EVER put on the floor". We played McNairy Saturday and beat them 30+ and it could have been worse. McNairy looks like a weak Single A team. Steve has done a really good job but he can't win nor can anyone else with that talent. They are in a very tough district and as mentioned the open enrollment is killing them. I wouldn't blame the coach because you have to have some talent. I don't think anyone on here has blamed Steve but I know how fans are. The Bobcats were one of most dominant HS programs in the 80's and 90's and I hope to see them back there again. The Ramer and Selmer talent needs to stay home! Ramer has produced some amazing athletes over the years.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like mcnairy needs a new football coach. I agree the talent level at mcnairy has hit rock bottom but how that is adamsville footballs fault I don't see. They don't have a dominant boys basketball team. Open enrollment is a right of taxpayers in public schools. If I can get my kid there then they will go where I want them too if I am paying taxes in that county. The coach at mchs basketball is a good man, winning isn't everything, he teaches them right from wrong and self respect, there is value in that. The talent level at their own middle school has been down for 5 or so years, it's only natural the high school feels that effect, it will rebound. If they play in such a tough district how come they loose to Middleton (single a) every year. Right now they would struggle in single a but they will bounce back. They need a young football coach who actually goes and watches jr high kids play football in the county, the one they got now just assumes if they go to bethel or ramer that they will go to McNairy. I am. It saying recruit, but introducing yourself to jr high staffs around the county and building a repoire with them couldn't hurt. The coach they have now doesn't even attend their own pep rally's. If u had a boys who wanted to play football why wouldn't u let him go to Aville, do u not like success? Deep runs In the playoffs every year if not the state championship or would u send him to McNairy where you won't even make it to the playoffs. Even when they were a powerhouse football school, mchs barely got out of the first round. They also repeatedly ran up the score on people. It's funny now that Aville has kicked em in the teeth for 5 years and made the state championship twice they now start crying about being at a disadvantage bc of open enrollment. Take ur own medicene accept the whoopin's (cause u once dished em out) and get back in the trenches and make good things happen, start by getting a new football coach a relevant one with a personality, that will help bball. Look at the bright side open enrollment will eventually bump Aville up in classification, then it'll be even more interesting with mchs and Aville playing in same district for the same trophies.

Sounds like mcnairy needs a new football coach. I agree the talent level at mcnairy has hit rock bottom but how that is adamsville footballs fault I don't see. They don't have a dominant boys basketball team. Open enrollment is a right of taxpayers in public schools. If I can get my kid there then they will go where I want them too if I am paying taxes in that county. .

Please show me where open enrollment is a "right of taxpayers in public schools" as you say.  It is not a right.  It just happens to be legal in McNairy County. Counties and schools with open enrollment should face the same penalties that are put upon private schools.  In other words, schools with open enrollment should face the 1.8 multiplier like private schools do. 

Please show me where open enrollment is a "right of taxpayers in public schools" as you say. It is not a right. It just happens to be legal in McNairy County. Counties and schools with open enrollment should face the same penalties that are put upon private schools. In other words, schools with open enrollment should face the 1.8 multiplier like private schools do.

Why? In some instances that would be understandable, but in this one I understand the whole county is open enrollment. People are just choosing to go to Adamsville.