AA State Tournament Predictions: Who ya got?

coachh17

The District Tournaments are just about set to begin.  AA looks like it will be a lot of fun this year and appears to have no clear cut favorite.  Who will navigate the pitfalls and hurdles and make it to Murfreesboro?  Here are my picks:

CAK-  (Hammaker can score 40 if you do not game plan to slow her down)

Elizabethton-  (Marosites twins are fun to watch and the Lady Cyclones are deep and talented)

Cannon County-  (I know Sissom can light it up)

Livingston Academy-  (loaded with tradition and just beat Cannon)

Creek Wood-  (Bell is a great player, had a couple of losses at Boone tournament that surprised me)

Martin Luther King-  (I know nothing about this team)

Dyersburg-  (I know nothing about this team)

Westview-  (Great tradition and seem to be peaking at the right time)

Please give predictions and tell us about your teams.

Edited by coachh17

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like CAK to go all the way this year....momentum is a great difference maker and this team not only wants to improve on last year's performance, but they know they are capable.

Beware the sleeping giant:

1. CAK

2. Livingston Academy

3. Cannon Co

4. Macon Co

5. Elizabethon

6. Smith Co

7. Central Magnent

8. Dekalb

9. York

Edited by BRPro

I like CAK to go all the way this year....momentum is a great difference maker and this team not only wants to improve on last year's performance, but they know they are capable.

1. CAK

2. Livingston Academy

3. Cannon Co

4. Macon Co

5. Elizabethon

6. Smith Co

7. Central Magnent

8. Dekalb

9. York

BR

I will agree with you on the sleeping giant of CAK. I still believe that this team is loaded with talent and with Hammaker at the helm they are poised to make it back to the dance. I think all of the girls from last years team are not happy about the let down at State last year and want to go back and claim the gold ball they should have won last year. I only dissagree with one of the teams you have in your top 5. I think Grainger County will get over the hump and Knock off Elizabethton this year and then get thru their substate game to get to state. I would love to see if they can hold there own against the other talented teams at the tournament. I here that Cannon and Macon Counties are very good. As for the rest, I havent heard or seen enough to make judgment on them. Should be a great tournament. I am hoping for a CAK vs Cannon County rematch!

Edited by EBTHER

I'm not saying CAK won't be there, but they must have improved a lot in the last two months. They lost big to McMinn Central and Grainger before Christmas. Surprised that no one is mentioning Grainger. They beat McMinn Central by 15 at Central this past Saturday.

i hope grainger makes it to the show but untill they finally make it they wont get much attention.

I'm not saying CAK won't be there, but they must have improved a lot in the last two months. They lost big to McMinn Central and Grainger before Christmas. Surprised that no one is mentioning Grainger. They beat McMinn Central by 15 at Central this past Saturday.

Glory

I think Grainger beats Elizabethton and wins there regional and gets home court advantage for substate.  They will be tough to beat on their home court with all that hangs in the balance.  It would be nice to see those girls get that monkey off there back.  I just hope it does not come at CAK's expense.

I think the Warriors will also win their Regional and their substate as well.  I will agree that they were not playing well at or around Christmas time.  Remember that team was pretty rattled when Hooper stepped away.  but since then I think they have regrouped..  Remember,  even without Hooper they are still really talented. They have Hammaker  and Bryant at gaurd.  Both very strong,  I think Bryant gets overlooked some of the time because of Hammakers presence.  In side they have Nailer at 6'1"  who is such a well rounded offensive player.  She can drive the lane and hit the three's.  Throw in Hietzman the senior who can play all five positions and is the toughest defensive player they have.  She may be the toughest player on the squad.  Where they are lacking a bit is on the bench. Those girls are still good players  but need court time to compete at state championship level.  Of course they were struggling at the begining of the season.  If any team in the state lost the player that CAK did,  they would have struggled as well.  Their whole scheme was built around Hoopers superior defensive presence. Look at the box scores,  They can shoot from everywhere and put up points still.  It has taken a while to get everything figured out and who is doing what but rest assured,  their coach will have his team ready at tourney time.

1. CAK

2. Livingston Academy

3. Cannon Co

4. Macon Co

5. Elizabethon

6. Smith Co

7. Central Magnent

8. Dekalb

9. York

I bet that is not the state tournament list.