District 14a tournament

87vikingalumni

Yes may as get ready to put humboldt and Union city in the region championship according to the Union city announcers.But first he may have to ask Mike.All I heard for UC up by 1 mike.Bradford has 4 fouls Mike.Humboldt called timeout Mike with Bradford at the line mike and Humboldt down by 1 Mike.What you think he is talking about Mike during the timeout.Think he'll miss it on purpose Mike?Why would you miss a free throw on purpose with maybe a couple minutes to go in a game?Great win for Union city.They just may have an easier time getting to the finals.a buddy of mine said huntingdon looked good and would give Union city and Humboldt a good test.And dresden beat MCkenzie pretty handidly so they may be a tough out as well.But looks like the two regular season champs in each district are now in the same brackets.Lake Co has beaten McKenzie twice and a third time could be a hard chore at McKenzie.Union city seems to have a cakewalk and then gets McKenzie or Lake co.Didnt Union city beat West Carrol last year and Lake co beat McKenzie?And then LC stunned UC?.Just like UC,I like the bracket that Lake co is in.I would think,be better to play McKenzie than Dresden and toss a coin between playing UC or Humboldt.Size wise Lake co matches up well with UC if they happen to get by mcKenzie.Just have to really concentrate on Stockdale and Deberry and maybe Simpson..Think the Falcons are ready.Thought or at least it seemed like  LC was playing to lose tonight with them missing so many shots and free throws and by some of the players they played.Lake co played Demario Jones a freshman a lot and also Wilkes who just played a few minutes the other night.Also played Devante Hill who didnt play at all against Humboldt as well as Greg Ross Jr who hasnt played hardly at all this year.If you added up all his minutes may be close to playing a half of basketball for the whole season.

Edited by mrbigster

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes may as get ready to put humboldt and Union city in the region championship according to the Union city announcers.But first he may have to ask Mike.All I heard for UC up by 1 mike.Bradford has 4 fouls Mike.Humboldt called timeout Mike with Bradford at the line mike and Humboldt down by 1 Mike.What you think he is talking about Mike during the timeout.Think he'll miss it on purpose Mike?Why would you miss a free throw on purpose with maybe a couple minutes to go in a game?Great win for Union city.They just may have an easier time getting to the finals.a buddy of mine said huntingdon looked good and would give Union city and Humboldt a good test.And dresden beat MCkenzie pretty handidly so they may be a tough out as well.But looks like the two regular season champs in each district are now in the same brackets.Lake Co has beaten McKenzie twice and a third time could be a hard chore at McKenzie.Union city seems to have a cakewalk and then gets McKenzie or Lake co.Didnt Union city beat West Carrol last year and Lake co beat McKenzie?And then LC stunned UC?.Just like UC,I like the bracket that Lake co is in.I would think,be better to play McKenzie than Dresden and toss a coin between playing UC or Humboldt.Size wise Lake co matches up well with UC if they happen to get by mcKenzie.Just have to really concentrate on Stockdale and Deberry and maybe Simpson..Think the Falcons are ready.Though LC was playing to lose tonight with them missing so many shots and free throws and by some of the players they played.Lake co played Demario Jones a freshman a lot and also Wilkes who just played a few minutes the other night.Also played Devante Hill who didnt play at all against Humboldt as well as Greg Ross Jr who hasnt played hardly at all this year.If you added up all his minutes may be close to playing a half of basketball.

Bigster, it's regional tournament time, teams got to get ready to play or it's over regardless who you have to play! I'm hoping this loss fires Humboldt up but they can't continue to start slow & try to make a comeback against good teams! Vikings missed four big free throws the last minute of the game & UC hit theirs!! UC played a great game, no excuses & deserved to win tonight! Friday night win or it's over, So we will see what happens, Good luck to all 14a teams Friday!!

Bigster, it's regional tournament time, teams got to get ready to play or it's over regardless who you have to play! I'm hoping this loss fires Humboldt up but they can't continue to start slow & try to make a comeback against good teams! Vikings missed four big free throws the last minute of the game & UC hit theirs!! UC played a great game, no excuses & deserved to win tonight! Friday night win or it's over, So we will see what happens, Good luck to all 14a teams Friday!!

You're right.If any team can do it,should be the Vikings.I'm sure Dresden is thinking,we win the district and now look who we get..lol..But like you said about this time of year.Even the UC announcer touched on night in and night out,this is the toughest district in the state.Must be as Halls placed 3 players on the all district team and finished 5th.And a shame about south fulton who was very good this year.Congrats to the vikings ,south fulton and Uc placing 3 players on the team..Or did humboldt place 4?I could see those teams but for Halls should have finished higher than 5th and lost lost to Lake co all 3 times,the last game being 25 points.Lake Co had 1 in Zay Coleman.Maybe should have given to another Humboldt or UC player or had Estes or Taylor for LC making them 2 players and Halls since they finished 4th and 5th ending up with 2 players each..Same as girls last week.Union city placed 4 girls and would have placed all 5 had Amber Fair played the whole season,.I think Gibson co had 4.Greenfield had 3 I think.Lake Co had 2 in Wiggins and Tiana Gray which I think was right for our girls.But I think Halls had 4 players on the girls side.a team with 4 all district players should have finished higher than 5th in the district. Edited by mrbigster

Great overall team win by UC.I thought everybody did their part and the bench guys did a very good job when they were called upon to press.Great job also to Humboldt as they also battled tonight.Bigster, we will focus on West Carroll right now and thats the only game we will worry about.A very good Championship game tonight.Bigster, your post about the radio guys was very funny.

Yea Bigster u had me rolling man!..I thought UC played very well tonight and congrats to them guys..I wanna point out a couple of things..The black ref with the big bug eyes was absolutely garbage..I heard from some people that he lives in Humboldt but I dunno..It was like he was trying to beat UC himself. .wow..he would call them tic tac fouls all night on UC and never made a call on Humboldt but maybe twice. .and thats when he had too..that dude is plum pitiful!..He teed number 30 up for talking to Bradford to much and Bradford stayed talking trash to Stockdale and wouldn't say nothing. The other ref had to tell Bradford to stop it..Another thing ..D.Bradford did NOT try and shake not one persons hand after the game..I lost a lot of respect for that kid tonight. .He just showed me he is a crybaby and for those actions I hope get does not win Mr.Basketball award..He has a terrible attitude and he talks to much..He needs to let his play on the court do his talking and shut up!..At one time he got in UC huddle on a time out!.. For What?..Sisco had to run him out..If the TSSAA. bases Mr.Basketball on attitude he will be at the bottom of the list.

Yea Bigster u had me rolling man!..I thought UC played very well tonight and congrats to them guys..I wanna point out a couple of things..The black ref with the big bug eyes was absolutely garbage..I heard from some people that he lives in Humboldt but I dunno..It was like he was trying to beat UC himself. .wow..he would call them tic tac fouls all night on UC and never made a call on Humboldt but maybe twice. .and thats when he had too..that dude is plum pitiful!..He teed number 30 up for talking to Bradford to much and Bradford stayed talking trash to Stockdale and wouldn't say nothing. The other ref had to tell Bradford to stop it..Another thing ..D.Bradford did NOT try and shake not one persons hand after the game..I lost a lot of respect for that kid tonight. .He just showed me he is a crybaby and for those actions I hope get does not win Mr.Basketball award..He has a terrible attitude and he talks to much..He needs to let his play on the court do his talking and shut up!..At one time he got in UC huddle on a time out!.. For What?..Sisco had to run him out..If the TSSAA. bases Mr.Basketball on attitude he will be at the bottom of the list.

Edited by mboro

Copenoc, Bradford is a good kid but plays with emotions, last night was a big game which a lot of kids were disappointed! From what I heard, he sat on the bench after the loss but did eventually get up & shake the players hand! Bradford has never been a problem kid but was caught up in the moment of the game so I wouldn't base my opinion of him from one game, & I'm sure there probably was a lot if chatter from a lot of players due to the intensity of the game!!!! Since, you have watched Bradford over the past three (3) years in many losses he has never done that so when I tell you his mother corrected him for that because that's not in his character!! Good luck to UC in the regional!!

Really Copenoc? I was not there, but I know this kid personally and he does not have an attitude problem! Not right to shake hands, but I've never seen that from him. Maybe it was a big disappointment to lose game, although that's no excuse, but for you to say you lost respect and hopes he doesn't win Mr. Basketball for this is crazy! Dude is 18, so one mistake and your wishing bad luck to him, that's crazy! 

Edited by mboro

the black ref is Fred Ivey and he is from Rutherford.  He will tell you he is no fan of UC.  I think the game has gotten too big for him.  He was pathetic last night for a fact...

the black ref is Fred Ivey and he is from Rutherford. He will tell you he is no fan of UC. I think the game has gotten too big for him. He was pathetic last night for a fact...

Yes, correct... I think he is out there for attention and it's ridiculous. I talked to someone that was there last night and they sad Fred was so one sided in his calls it was ridiculous. I don't care how many years he claims to be a ref, it still doesn't make him a good one. And then he thinks it's all funny...