Mt. Pleasant

cubs1

Took a job as the superintendent at the Bus Garage for Bedford County, I was told. More money I'd assume. Lot of teachers in general are rethinking their career path with their salaries now tied to test scores. I'm not saying that had anything to do with Coach Parker leaving, but I've heard other teachers mention this as a source of concern for many.

Big loss for Cascade. Parker was a dang good coach from my out side perspective looking in.... Big shoes to fill.

Edited by Big Bigby

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mt. Pleasant Tigers

2014 Varsity Football Schedule

(Unless the New Head Coach changes it)

Aug.22..... @ Eagleville..........7:00

Aug.28..... Spring Hill...........7:00

Sept.5..... @ Columbia Academy....7:00

Sept.12.... @ BGA.................7:00

Sept.19.... @ Cornersville........7:00

Sept.26.... Loretto (HC)..........7:00

Oct.3...... @ Richland............7:00

Oct.10..... Collinwood............7:00

Oct.24..... Wayne Co..............7:00

Oct.30..... East Hickman..........7:00

Big Bigby,

Boy this is a tough start for a new head coach. The first four games are against tough opponents for sure. I just feel like Williams and the committee will get a good coach. Williams was on the committee that brought in Coach W. Smith. He turned out to be a great coach for the Tigers, Eagles and the Bobcats now. I thought Smith did a great job at Zion with only a little talent. He always assembles a great staff. I heard the reason it is hard to get coaches in Maury co. School system is because they did away with athletics during the school day. Anybody that wants to say Williams was on the committee that hired Hoath is correct but really had no final say on the hire. This is what the MP players parents have told me for the last two years. Big Bigby besides Crawford and Smith who else will the Tigers count upon this year? W. Holder did you work on Smith's staff your name looks familiar. Man when ya came to Zion in the Marco Dailey years, I don't think we ever touched him. Where is he now? One of the best high school football players I have ever seen in person. I saw him against Zion and in some playoff games. Hope ya get a good coach! I believe Williams and company will pull another Smith out of the hat. Since getting out of school I have always enjoyed going to MP football games. Maybe should have put Wolavert ( was that the MP principal? ) on the committee as a consultant. Lol - Heard who was something else. Keep me updated Big Bigby and W. Holder

Thanks!

Mt. Pleasant Tigers

2014 Varsity Football Schedule

(Unless the New Head Coach changes it)

Aug.22..... @ Eagleville..........7:00

Aug.28..... Spring Hill...........7:00

Sept.5..... @ Columbia Academy....7:00

Sept.12.... @ BGA.................7:00

Sept.19.... @ Cornersville........7:00

Sept.26.... Loretto (HC)..........7:00

Oct.3...... @ Richland............7:00

Oct.10..... Collinwood............7:00

Oct.24..... Wayne Co..............7:00

Oct.30..... East Hickman..........7:00

I don't think this schedule can be changed by the new coach. I believe this is the same schedule as last year but the home team will be on the road this year.

Big Bigby,

Boy this is a tough start for a new head coach. The first four games are against tough opponents for sure. I just feel like Williams and the committee will get a good coach. Williams was on the committee that brought in Coach W. Smith. He turned out to be a great coach for the Tigers, Eagles and the Bobcats now. I thought Smith did a great job at Zion with only a little talent. He always assembles a great staff. I heard the reason it is hard to get coaches in Maury co. School system is because they did away with athletics during the school day. Anybody that wants to say Williams was on the committee that hired Hoath is correct but really had no final say on the hire. This is what the MP players parents have told me for the last two years. Big Bigby besides Crawford and Smith who else will the Tigers count upon this year? W. Holder did you work on Smith's staff your name looks familiar. Man when ya came to Zion in the Marco Dailey years, I don't think we ever touched him. Where is he now? One of the best high school football players I have ever seen in person. I saw him against Zion and in some playoff games. Hope ya get a good coach! I believe Williams and company will pull another Smith out of the hat. Since getting out of school I have always enjoyed going to MP football games. Maybe should have put Wolavert ( was that the MP principal? ) on the committee as a consultant. Lol - Heard who was something else. Keep me updated Big Bigby and W. Holder

Thanks!

He wasn't really that hard to touch....now...HOLDING ON?  good luck with that!  

Mt. Pleasant High School is excited to announce that Bronson Bradley will be the next head football coach for the school. Coach Bradley comes highly recommended by his peers as a man of integrity who has a love of working with young people. He is presently an assistant coach at Portland High School in Portland, TN.

Coach Bradley played football in high school at Wayne County, TN, and then played at the University of North Alabama. He is a professional power lifter and is a 4 time national champion and a 5 time state champion. He also holds 16 state, 8 national and 1 world record for lifting.

Coach Bradley and his wife, Shonte’, have a daughter, Kielee, who is 9 years old. They look forward to moving to Mt. Pleasant and getting started working with the Mt. Pleasant High School community

Coach Bradley comes highly respected in the coaching circles... He has a passion for the game of football...  he will surprise some people ...  the kids in MP better be ready to get to work because I know he will put them in the weight room ASAP...  The kids will respond to him and I believe he will get 40 kids out to play...  after talking to some folks from Wayne Co, they say he will do a good job and runs some veer and wing t offense...  now that will be interesting and I want to wish Coach Bradley good luck...