Class A Substate Matchups

GCPioneer

No arguing here, UC always brings the best record to the dance and every year they are always #1 in the AP Poll, but some how that hasn't helped them on the floor.  Sounds to me like they were lucky to win their substate game.  I wonder if Middleton got a call in the game?

Man, I'll be honest.... Offensively it was a verrrrrrry ugly game for both teams. If they play like that at state, they will get bounced by one of you guys. I think I heard on the radio that Union City shot 32% in the game, but won the battle on the boards. I do hope Union City can do damage this year at state...

Man, I'll be honest.... Offensively it was a verrrrrrry ugly game for both teams. If they play like that at state, they will get bounced by one of you guys. I think I heard on the radio that Union City shot 32% in the game, but won the battle on the boards. I do hope Union City can do damage this year at state...

You coming to the games?  If so lets meet and watch the games together, I will get 7A and Bob and some of the other guys and we can hang out and watch some good ball games.  If UC does not shoot the ball well they won't beat JC or C'range and may not beat either of them if they do. I'm telling you Clarkrange is absolutely loaded and we have Coe and Company so it will take a good team to beat either one of the teams from 7A.

You coming to the games?  If so lets meet and watch the games together, I will get 7A and Bob and some of the other guys and we can hang out and watch some good ball games.  If UC does not shoot the ball well they won't beat JC or C'range and may not beat either of them if they do. I'm telling you Clarkrange is absolutely loaded and we have Coe and Company so it will take a good team to beat either one of the teams from 7A.

I'm actually going to the JUCO tournaments at Roane St. all week. I'd love to be in Murfreesboro, but other obligations have me going elsewhere.

No arguing here, UC always brings the best record to the dance and every year they are always #1 in the AP Poll, but some how that hasn't helped them on the floor.  Sounds to me like they were lucky to win their substate game.  I wonder if Middleton got a call in the game?

UC seems to play the level of their competition all year. They had some close calls with teams they are ten times better and they beat good teams by 20. A Dr. Jeckle and Mr. Hyde team if I have ever seen one. But I expect them to have their A game on in the Boro for some reason. Their outside shooting was nonexistent last year at state. It won't be this year with the Fair girl back. It seems that the bigger the game the better they play. For some reason, I feel like this will be their year.

I just hope we get the Wednesday night draw, if JC plays Thursday morning I won't be able to go. Wife has a baby dr. Appt that I'm not going to miss. :)

Houston County has remained strong despite the tremendous hurdles that they have had to overcome. What I have see is a group of girls that took what talent they have individually and decided they were gonna add a lot of heart and play as a team. I have seen them play off a couple of games, but who doesn't. Whether they win or loose from here on out they have already accomplished more than most gave them credit for. It proves their is not an "I" in team.

It's unfortunate the Middleton lost to JCS. Middleton, in my opinion, is the second best Single A in the west. That is pretty evident by giving Union City their biggest scare of he season. Middleton returns all of their key players except for 1. Expect them to be back...

Union City had to hit a last second shot in Paducah to send that game into OT before beating Tighlman....

Union City had to hit a last second shot in Paducah to send that game into OT before beating Tighlman....

I told you guys all year that Middleton was legit lol... I think some people might be believers now. Coach Burkely is a good coach and understands his team well. They should be a favorite out of the west next year for sure!