Middle School State predictions

WhynotwrestleTN

In the Middle School Duals Region 4 was the Championship team while Region 5 was the runner-up. Region 4 is the Middle TN area east of Interstate 65. Region 5 starts in Middle TN from Interstate 65 all the way to Memphis.

Region 3 from the Chattanooga area won the Elementary Duals while Region 5 was again the Runner-ups.

In the Middle School Duals Region 4 was the Championship team while Region 5 was the runner-up. Region 4 is the Middle TN area east of Interstate 65. Region 5 starts in Middle TN from Interstate 65 all the way to Memphis.

Region 3 from the Chattanooga area won the Elementary Duals while Region 5 was again the Runner-ups.

Way to go midTn & West! I know many Chattanooga areas wrestlers have to miss this competition sure to conflicts, but how sweet it is to see future state wide parity continue.

Way to go midTn & West! I know many Chattanooga areas wrestlers have to miss this competition sure to conflicts, but how sweet it is to see future state wide parity continue.

We all knew when the regional duals were going to be. Let's just say that the Region Duals were not a priority to many of the middle school teams this year. The elementary teams were full and supported in a big way by their coaching staffs and parents. Looked like Region 4 came ready to defend its title and no other teams wanted the challenge. We all face challenges in life, but we make the events that are important to us a priority. Some of the participants in the duals were the 3rd or 4th place kid from the Region, but they were there to wrestle. Not sure how the region decides who coaches the region teams, but being apart of Region 4, we got two emails during the week and had plenty of opportunity to say I can't make it for the coach to fill the team. Let's not make excuses, Region 4 won the duals and John Salter & Darren Plumlee put together the best team in the state this year.

• Upvote 1

Trackwrestling has Region 1 second defeating region 5 by a score if 55-54. Is that a mistake? It has Region 1 as second place team. Someone help.

You will find that many of the better middle school athletes that wrestle have moved on to other sports like football, soccer, LAX, baseball or track & field. Not making any excuses for anyone but it would be nice if the middle school state wrestling championships could be the last weekend of February.

Trackwrestling has Region 1 second defeating region 5 by a score if 55-54. Is that a mistake? It has Region 1 as second place team. Someone help.

Region 1 did defeat Region 5 in the dual and there was a 3 way tie for second place. I believe the criteria used to break the tie was total number of wins. That is how region 5 came out on top for the 2nd place finish. Edited by deadlift

We all knew when the regional duals were going to be. Let's just say that the Region Duals were not a priority to many of the middle school teams this year. The elementary teams were full and supported in a big way by their coaching staffs and parents. Looked like Region 4 came ready to defend its title and no other teams wanted the challenge. We all face challenges in life, but we make the events that are important to us a priority. Some of the participants in the duals were the 3rd or 4th place kid from the Region, but they were there to wrestle. Not sure how the region decides who coaches the region teams, but being apart of Region 4, we got two emails during the week and had plenty of opportunity to say I can't make it for the coach to fill the team. Let's not make excuses, Region 4 won the duals and John Salter & Darren Plumlee put together the best team in the state this year.

Wow! You Chattanooga guys really have every excuse in the book don't you? You know what excuses are like? Buttholes, everyone has one and they all stink! I saw a post on the Facebook page with on Chattanooga guy complaining about his son not getting to wrestle duals and they said for him to challenge the guy 5 pounds up and he wouldn't because it was too much weight! I guess the Region 5 70 lbs. State Champ didn't think it was too much weight. He beat the 75 lbs. State Champ in the duals as well!  Just face it Middle TN will be the dominate force in TN wrestling for the foreseeable future!

Wow! You Chattanooga guys really have every excuse in the book don't you? You know what excuses are like? Buttholes, everyone has one and they all stink! I saw a post on the Facebook page with on Chattanooga guy complaining about his son not getting to wrestle duals and they said for him to challenge the guy 5 pounds up and he wouldn't because it was too much weight! I guess the Region 5 70 lbs. State Champ didn't think it was too much weight. He beat the 75 lbs. State Champ in the duals as well! Just face it Middle TN will be the dominate force in TN wrestling for the foreseeable future!

Is middle Tennessee the dominant force now? High school individual and state duals were won by Chattanooga teams. Small school state won by Chattanooga team. Small school state duals won by Pigeon Forge. Elementary individual state won by Chattanooga. Elementary duals won by Chattanooga. Middle school individual state won by Chattanooga. Middle Tn wins one ms dual tournament out of all the tournaments listed and now they are the dominant force ? That's pretty funny .

Congrats to all these wrestlers. They put in a lot of work to get to the top of the podium today. Congrats to Mason Reiniche for being named the Middle School Outstanding Wrestler, and Trevor Rippy for winning the Middle School Top 100 Belt.

Has the MS Top 100 belt winner already been announced?

Has the MS Top 100 belt winner already been announced?

It wasn't announced, but I think Rippy won the belt.  It looks like Rippy and Isbell tied with max points, which means it goes to the highest placement at state. They both took 1st.  Next, it goes to the most pins and then techs if there is still a tie. Isbell had 2 pins, a bye (which counts as a pin), and a tech.  Rippy had 3 pins and a tech.  So, they are still tied.  The next criteria is fastest cumulative pin time at state.  Isbell's average pin time is 2:42.  Rippy's average pin time is 44 seconds.  Rippy wins unless there is something I'm not seeing.  Salter probably knows the correct answer if he wants to clarify for us. 

Is middle Tennessee the dominant force now? High school individual and state duals were won by Chattanooga teams. Small school state won by Chattanooga team. Small school state duals won by Pigeon Forge. Elementary individual state won by Chattanooga. Elementary duals won by Chattanooga. Middle school individual state won by Chattanooga. Middle Tn wins one ms dual tournament out of all the tournaments listed and now they are the dominant force ? That's pretty funny .

If you look at the team scores, it appears Cleveland and Christian Brothers are going to be the teams to beat in their divisions in the future.  I don't see Cleveland losing the team state championship for a while with what they have coming in each year. However, I could see middle Tennessee having the most individual state champions in the future. Middle Tennessee had 6 champions, the Chattanooga area had 5 champions, the Knoxville area had 2 champions, East Tennessee had 1 champion, and the Memphis area had 4 champions.  The middle Tennessee studs are spread out a little more on different teams, so they I don't see any of them winning a team championship.