Cheatham County @ CPA: Class AA Sectional Battle

no one seems to fuss about TCA, Goodpasture, Jackson Christian, or any other Private that plays D1. I have seen some general fussing but it is from the same people that jump both feet into the CPA discussion.

Then you obviously do not speak to many single A schools. I live in a single a community and those high schools do not appreciate Goodpasture dropping down to single A. Goodpasture Will win almost every state title in every sport until they are forced to move.

!!!!!"HE" has spoken...therefore it must be true! HIM knowing them makes them immediately credible. I guess case closed.

And BTW................a 3-Peat will still be incredibly difficult but would still be AWESOME! And I don't give a rat's behind what "HE" thinks!

Edited by DAD1

!!!!!"HE" has spoken...therefore it must be true! HIM knowing them makes them immediately credible. I guess case closed.

And BTW................a 3-Peat will still be incredibly difficult but would still be AWESOME! And I don't give a rat's behind what "HE" thinks!

Hey--don't mock the "rats".  The CPA middle school boys love rats!  Named their little bullying gang after them. Class act behavior in basketball at all levels at CPA.

Let’s review the “architecture†of how the program was built since I have grown tired of how others are unmercifully attacked or mocked on this site when they do share or report an incident:

Devilfanatic/UCsportsfan has stated his son was approached to consider coming to CPA at an AAU game.

Nebuntyn has stated he has a friend of JL’s family and knows JL was recruited to come to CPA.

Rulefollower reports a FB post of JL’s mom contacting the Blackwells about coming to CPA.

Over the years credible sources (and yes I personally know each of these people involved in these different scenarios) report:

“I know for a fact a family received a check each month in the amount of tuition.â€

A parent approached another person simply asking for advice since, “Coach keeps telling me it would be better for my son’s college future if he came to CPA.â€

In the beginning when JL’s mom was involved in a conversation and was asked how it came about of his coming to CPA, her statement was “it was the coach†who invited/encouraged them to look into it, NOT I wanted my son to come play for this coach so we initiated the process of his attending CPA.

It was the mom of a player who let others know she could not afford CPA and when she started looking at other schools, it was the mom who stated, “The coaches were working on it.† Ended up her son was able to stay along with a sibling. 

A friend who has a good friend on staff stated there was cheating going on.

A staff member who knew enough about how CB came to CPA to blow the roof off the place (and also knows a lot more).

A person who during a lunch meeting confided how they had been approached to donate funds to help families of players.

A CPA board member who said he knew two board members who had been approached to donate funds to help families of players.

And the list could go on:

And let’s not forget in the past there have been TSSAA violations of being in attendance improperly at an AAU game to watch CPA players, having CPA players on campus during dead period and playing an ineligible player. 

All of this has been “pooh-poohed†and anyone who reports or wants to talk about it are the ones who are attacked.  Regardless, these are all facts.  Now if you want to debate whether the sources are credible or if what they say is true or not I suppose is one thing, but without knowing them that would actually be idiotic on anyone’s part to debate or automatically deem it as unfounded accusations from “haters†(course that has never stopped certain posters in the past).  Since I do know these sources are credible, I don’t even worry about it.  They are responsible for the information, not me.  But if you want to continue the song and dance of how special a “three-peat†is, go right ahead.  Some of us happen to feel differently for certain reasons…

Don't forget the coach who left, and took his son with him, because even though he took a coaching position at a larger public school, which typically pays more than private school--he was quoted in the paper as saying he could no longer afford the tuition at CPA.  He hadn't been employed long enough for the tuition break, that other employees get.

I think the team is extremely talented, and I know they work hard.  I just don't think they should be playing as a high school team.  I doubt a 3 peat is going to be that difficult for them.

Have to wonder if those like DAD1 even really think about what they say because in this instance what he is really saying is if he has close friends or knows people well and they are honest and credible people, people that he can trust, then he is not going to believe what they tell him.  BALONEY!

And no matter what anyone says or thinks, in HS basketball when you load your roster with D1 players and have significantly more than anyone else, it really isn't that difficult.  Anyone who won't admit that is not being honest.

Good grief, I'm an CPA fan, not child in the hunt.  Do I think they should be in a separate division. Yes probably so.  Whether the kids families are getting it paid for or not, it's hard for the publics to compete with what the private schools have to offer...facilities, student to teacher ratio and of course religion.  We need to keep all theses names of these kids off these boards when it's in a negative way.  They read this stuff and they are teenagers and it's not their fault.  Be the man and go the parents of these kids at the game and express your opinions. With a respectful attitude of course.

This thread was started as a CCCHS vs CPA game.  What about the kids that played the game.

I was at the game.  Not good refereeing at all.  CPA guarded Saunders as they should.  Darden should have played differently after his 1st and 2nd fouls.  CC pg was under sized against Bonds.  And as I have seen all year.  CC had no answer For Blackwell.  You know Creek Wood had the best strategy that I seen against CPA.  If CW would have continued to pass the ball in the second half to their shooters outside and not turn it over it could have been different or at least closer at the end.  That being said, CW had no answer for Blackwell as well.  CPA completely took CC out of the game with their pressure,  Even though I'm a CPA fan I thought it would have been closer. 

Bottom line....both these 2 teams deserve praise for getting to this game.  They played the game and it's no excuse for bashing them personally on here.

Again I'm a CPA fan and TSSAA should split the privates and publics.  Until they do the kids will always be the ones being ridiculed on these boards.

Good grief, I'm an CPA fan, not child in the hunt.  Do I think they should be in a separate division. Yes probably so.  Whether the kids families are getting it paid for or not, it's hard for the publics to compete with what the private schools have to offer...facilities, student to teacher ratio and of course religion.  We need to keep all theses names of these kids off these boards when it's in a negative way.  They read this stuff and they are teenagers and it's not their fault.  Be the man and go the parents of these kids at the game and express your opinions. With a respectful attitude of course.

This thread was started as a CCCHS vs CPA game.  What about the kids that played the game.

I was at the game.  Not good refereeing at all.  CPA guarded Saunders as they should.  Darden should have played differently after his 1st and 2nd fouls.  CC pg was under sized against Bonds.  And as I have seen all year.  CC had no answer For Blackwell.  You know Creek Wood had the best strategy that I seen against CPA.  If CW would have continued to pass the ball in the second half to their shooters outside and not turn it over it could have been different or at least closer at the end.  That being said, CW had no answer for Blackwell as well.  CPA completely took CC out of the game with their pressure,  Even though I'm a CPA fan I thought it would have been closer. 

Bottom line....both these 2 teams deserve praise for getting to this game.  They played the game and it's no excuse for bashing them personally on here.

Again I'm a CPA fan and TSSAA should split the privates and publics.  Until they do the kids will always be the ones being ridiculed on these boards.

Good post

I agree.  I'm for the split in all sports as well.  Also, I have no problem at all with fans hating on CPA basketball.  That's their prerogative whether their arguments are well-founded or not.

What I do have a problem with is a former coach who got fired by CPA trolling these boards to put down CPA and CPA basketball in particular.  That says something very specific about a person, especially a male.  He has created his own H ell and he's unable to free himself of it.  You can hear it and feel it in the words he writes.

If you really want to see him burn out in front of you, ignore him.  He can't stand not having the attention.  When he gets the attention, it validates him.

In my opinion: CPA should be with the private schools. IF they have to play with public schools, then they should be in AAA as the area they can pull from is far wider than an AA school can.

Of course, I believe magnet schools should also be in AAA. To me, it's not about schools size but the far greater area from where the students can come.

Again, just my opinion. Everybody got one!

Congrats to the Cubs on an outstanding season.

...What I do have a problem with is a former coach who got fired by CPA trolling these boards to put down CPA and CPA basketball in particular.  That says something very specific about a person, especially a male.  He has created his own H ell and he's unable to free himself of it.  You can hear it and feel it in the words he writes.

If you really want to see him burn out in front of you, ignore him.  He can't stand not having the attention.  When he gets the attention, it validates him.

You mean ignore him (me) like you just did and have done in the past?  I've heard that before...And yes, you do have a right to your opinion, (no matter now wrong you are and rest assured you are wrong) which is why I don't have a problem with you having a problem.  It is simply too bad the way you end up expressing it because you are the same one who challenged me to meet him at half court, yet I am the male with the problem. 

Does anyone ever notice how no one can dispute the information, it always becomes personal with those who have a problem with me?  I guess that is somewhat rhetorical because my guess is that most do, accept those who keep making it personal. 

Let’s review the “architecture†of how the program was built since I have grown tired of how others are unmercifully attacked or mocked on this site when they do share or report an incident:

Devilfanatic/UCsportsfan has stated his son was approached to consider coming to CPA at an AAU game.

Nebuntyn has stated he has a friend of JL’s family and knows JL was recruited to come to CPA.

Rulefollower reports a FB post of JL’s mom contacting the Blackwells about coming to CPA.

Over the years credible sources (and yes I personally know each of these people involved in these different scenarios) report:

“I know for a fact a family received a check each month in the amount of tuition.â€

A parent approached another person simply asking for advice since, “Coach keeps telling me it would be better for my son’s college future if he came to CPA.â€

In the beginning when JL’s mom was involved in a conversation and was asked how it came about of his coming to CPA, her statement was “it was the coach†who invited/encouraged them to look into it, NOT I wanted my son to come play for this coach so we initiated the process of his attending CPA.

It was the mom of a player who let others know she could not afford CPA and when she started looking at other schools, it was the mom who stated, “The coaches were working on it.† Ended up her son was able to stay along with a sibling. 

A friend who has a good friend on staff stated there was cheating going on.

A staff member who knew enough about how CB came to CPA to blow the roof off the place (and also knows a lot more).

A person who during a lunch meeting confided how they had been approached to donate funds to help families of players.

A CPA board member who said he knew two board members who had been approached to donate funds to help families of players.

And the list could go on:

And let’s not forget in the past there have been TSSAA violations of being in attendance improperly at an AAU game to watch CPA players, having CPA players on campus during dead period and playing an ineligible player. 

All of this has been “pooh-poohed†and anyone who reports or wants to talk about it are the ones who are attacked.  Regardless, these are all facts.  Now if you want to debate whether the sources are credible or if what they say is true or not I suppose is one thing, but without knowing them that would actually be idiotic on anyone’s part to debate or automatically deem it as unfounded accusations from “haters†(course that has never stopped certain posters in the past).  Since I do know these sources are credible, I don’t even worry about it.  They are responsible for the information, not me.  But if you want to continue the song and dance of how special a “three-peat†is, go right ahead.  Some of us happen to feel differently for certain reasons…

The split just needs to happen.  My guess is when CPA wins on Saturday most at Murphy Center will just clap because they are suppose to clap.  In the coaches section most will be rolling their eyes and then Maddux will tweet a S/O to all the college coaches that were in attendance acting as if they came because of him.  The college coaches will come watch PLAYERS at any school.  Of course they will show up to watch CPA because it is a team assembled and chosen because they have that potential.  kbrooks just says it as it is.  He tells what he knows has happened.  I just don't see how all of us can see how easy this is to see yet the TSSAA does nothing but move CPA around from district to district to ease the complaining.