It's Time to Separate the Public and Private Schools

@38320

It would make feel better if Privates played Privates come playoff time my friend! Competition is great but these kids in high school should be able to play and compete on a level playing field. Tell me this, do you think it would be a level playing field if U of Kentucky could only recruit players from Kentucky and all the rest of college football could recruit any state they wanted?That would be fair right!!

It's more than just players. Look at the Cowboys and Broncos. The best $ can buy, but just can't get it done....

If you would have been at the game you would have noticed that our boys played there hearts out and played the best game of the year but CPA just had more horses!

I watched the game several times. I totally agree with you. However, I don't think CPA had more horses. If you want to go back to that thread and read my posts, I said the same thing then. Lewis was the better team. Sometimes the better team just doesn't win.... Been there and done that....

It's more than just players. Look at the Cowboys and Broncos. The best $ can buy, but just can't get it done....

You didn't answer my question! I know it takes more than just good players but this thread isn't about  what make a great high school program like Alcoa , its about public, private split and a level playing field so please answer my question. I know playing private doesn't mean a thing to you guy's at Alcoa but for us small town schools, we just can't compete in all sports against teams who recruit year in year out! By the way I've had fun talking back and fourth tonight, it's already been a long off season!!!

Edited by alltime

You didn't answer my question! I know it takes more than just good players but this thread isn't about what make a great high school program like Alcoa , its about public, private split and a level playing field so please answer my question.

I would agree that state vs country recruiting would be unfair. However, I really don't think the privates, at least in this area, are recruiting at that level. I could be wrong, but Catholic, CAK, Webb, CPA haven't shown me anyone that really stands out as a world class athlete. Some of the fans toot their horns, but in reality they were not that impressive....

You didn't answer my question! I know it takes more than just good players but this thread isn't about what make a great high school program like Alcoa , its about public, private split and a level playing field so please answer my question. I know playing private doesn't mean a thing to you guy's at Alcoa but for us small town schools, we just can't compete in all sports against teams who recruit year in year out! By the way I've had fun talking back and fourth tonight, it's already been a long off season!!!

Same here bro! I give Uppy a hard time. However, it's all in good fun.

I would agree that state vs country recruiting would be unfair. However, I really don't think the privates, at least in this area, are recruiting at that level. I could be wrong, but Catholic, CAK, Webb, CPA haven't shown me anyone that really stands out as a world class athlete. Some of the fans toot their horns, but in reality they were not that impressive....

My friend you need to do some reading on CPA's basketball. The coach is one of the best recruiters in the south! 

My friend you need to do some reading on CPA's basketball. The coach is one of the best recruiters in the south! 

The CPA girls won state 2011,2012, and 2013 and the CPA boys won state 2012, 2013 and in a few days 2014

Edited by alltime

I've heard that! I was still stuck on football. It's still a game that's played on the court. There were several Alcoa teams in the 90's that should have easily won championships, but always came up short. You never know....

By the way, Lewis Co. would have drilled Uppy had they played. Lol!!!

I've heard that! I was still stuck on football. It's still a game that's played on the court. There were several Alcoa teams in the 90's that should have easily won championships, but always came up short. You never know....

By the way, Lewis Co. would have drilled Uppy had they played. Lol!!!

I agree, I think Lewis would have won by a few TD's