It's Time to Separate the Public and Private Schools

@38320

There is no way you can make me believe that CPA beat Lewis County because they had better players. Lewis went 10-0 did they not? Do you think that maybe coaching and scheduling played a tiny part? Uppy went 10-0. Had they been in Alcoa's district they would have struggled with Kingston, who was winless. I hate to say it, but I'd say Uppy had better players than Kingston....

Maybe Uppy and several other schools should close zone (if not already closed), reduce student size and play 1A ball....

Edited by throwdaslant

There is no way you can make me believe that CPA beat Lewis County because they had better players. Lewis went 10-0 did they not? Do you think that maybe coaching and scheduling played a tiny part? Uppy went 10-0. Had they been in Alcoa's district they would have struggled with Kingston, who was winless. I hate to say it, but I'd say Uppy had better players than Kingston....

Maybe Uppy and several other schools should close zone (if not already closed), reduce student size and play 1A ball....

LOL LOL That's the funniest thing i've read on coacht in long time my friend! Feel free to ask any poster on here if CPA had better players than Lewis CO. CPA had a couple of SEC players and Lewis Co didn't even get( ANY) of its players on the ALL-STATE teams. Coaching is one of the biggest reasons why we almost beat CPA, coach Bobby Sharp has over 220 wins in his carer,all of them at Lewis Co. We have a good football team here at Lewis Co because of him and we have hard working country boys. (COACHING WASN'T THE REASON WE LOST)

Edited by alltime

LOL LOL That's the funniest thing i've read on coacht in long time my friend! Feel free to ask any poster on here if CPA had better players than Lewis CO. CPA had a couple of SEC players and Lewis Co didn't even get( ANY) of its players on the ALL-STATE teams. Coaching is one of the biggest reasons why we almost beat CPA, coach Bobby Sharp has over 220 wins in his carer,all of them at Lewis Co. We have a good football team here at Lewis Co because of him and we have hard working country boys. (COACHING WASN'T THE REASON WE LOST)

What about scheduling my friend? What was the toughest team Lewis County played during regular season? I've seen many great programs come through Alcoa and CPA isn't in my top 20....

Btw- Alcoa had no SEC senior players on the team this year. However, there is about 4 or 5 that I'd rather have than the 2 at CPA....

Edited by throwdaslant

However, how good would it have felt had you guys won the CPA game? Knowing you beat the best, rather than someone either even or less even than you?

It would have felt great but the point is the TSSAA was created to keep a (LEVEL) playing field in Tennessee high school sports, not just football either my friend. Just take a look at CPA's basketball team  and you tell me that CPA don't recruit.

It would have felt great but the point is the TSSAA was created to keep a (LEVEL) playing field in Tennessee high school sports, not just football either my friend. Just take a look at CPA's basketball team and you tell me that CPA don't recruit.

So, it would make ya feel better to win a championship against lesser competition?

What about scheduling my friend? What was the toughest team Lewis County played during regular season? I've seen many great programs come through Alcoa and CPA isn't in my top 20....

Btw- Alcoa had no SEC senior players on the team this year. However, there is about 4 or 5 that I'd rather have than the 2 at CPA....

Who said CPA was great or in anybody's top 20? Teams like your Alcoa has no problem competing against privates year in year out but small towns like mine can't compete year in year out, like i said before high schools like mine are closed zone so we have to play the cards that are dealt to us, if we could go to other towns and get the best players around then would could compete year in year out but we can't and you can say what you want but i do know that most of the time in high school football its about the Jimmy's and Joe's and not because we didn't play a hard enough schedule in the regular season and especially not because of our coaching.

Who said CPA was great or in anybody's top 20? Teams like your Alcoa has no problem competing against privates year in year out but small towns like mine can't compete year in year out, like i said before high schools like mine are closed zone so we have to play the cards that are dealt to us, if we could go to other towns and get the best players around then would could compete year in year out but we can't and you can say what you want but i do know that most of the time in high school football its about the Jimmy's and Joe's and not because we didn't play a hard enough schedule in the regular season and especially not because of our coaching.

I thought Lewis competed very well. Was a few breakdowns that lost the game. It wasn't because of the SEC receiver and SEC lineman of CPA....

So, it would make ya feel better to win a championship against lesser competition?

It would make feel better if Privates played Privates come playoff time my friend! Competition is great but these kids in high school should be able to play and compete on a level playing field. Tell me this, do you think it would be a level playing field  if U of Kentucky could only recruit players from Kentucky and all the rest of college football could recruit any state they wanted?That would be fair right!!

You are the one putting CPA and other privates on a pedestal. I enjoy playing better competition. Losing to Maryville every 8 out of ten years sucks. However, it makes Alcoa a better program for playing the game. Same goes for CAK and the other teams in our district. You lose, you get better or you get buried. That's life!

I thought Lewis competed very well. Was a few breakdowns that lost the game. It wasn't because of the SEC receiver and SEC lineman of CPA....

If you would have been at the game you would have noticed that our boys played there hearts out and played the best game of the year but CPA just had more horses! 

You are the one putting CPA and other privates on a pedestal. I enjoy playing better competition. Losing to Maryville every 8 out of ten years sucks. However, it makes Alcoa a better program for playing the game. Same goes for CAK and the other teams in our district. You lose, you get better or you get buried. That's life!

Like i said before its not all about football, its all sports!!!