It's Time to Separate the Public and Private Schools

@38320

I know you have two schools in Giles but the fact is if you live right beside Richland High school you can still go to Giles Co High school so that makes Giles Co an open zone school 

If ya live right beside Richland you live either in a church or the creek....

Giles is a " no zone" county of about 29,000 good folks. Blue collar with no Starbucks. We got a board that supports the principal. A principal who supports the coaches. Coaches who support the teachers and the entire school, sports related or not. And parents that support them all. Where folks live doesn't make the Cats click. :ugeek:

I wouldn't care about the privates or open zone areas if kids could go to ANY school in Hamilton County. Just not a level playing field when you have to stick to an assigned area. 2011 we had to vacate 6 games b/c a kid wasn't in our area. If we could recruit kids from anywhere in the county I would not complain about anything..............well not as much as I do now. :thumb:

Well we finnished good.......And emproved all yeer......

And abowt tham 190 lb. OT's......Ewe find a way two use tham two yore advaintige like GQ and staff do......Tham cats were qwik enuff two get acrost a biggur player and faist enuff two bee vurry good seccund and thurd level blockurs.......All good coaches adapt thair scheams two fit thair pursonnail......And nobodee duz hit bettur thain tham fellers imo.... :popcorneater:

GQ is the Bar. No argument there. The year in year out success of Maryville crosses state lines.

Lipscomb kicking our butts taught us what we needed to do to get better after 05. Now we are learning from the likes of Ensworth. These tough games are making the program better.... :ugeek:

I wouldn't care about the privates or open zone areas if kids could go to ANY school in Hamilton County. Just not a level playing field when you have to stick to an assigned area. 2011 we had to vacate 6 games b/c a kid wasn't in our area. If we could recruit kids from anywhere in the county I would not complain about anything..............well not as much as I do now. :thumb:

How many folks live in your "assigned area" red? :ugeek:

All are in or you get to vacate some wins. LOL. http://www.hsfdatabase.com/tn_signalmountain2009.htm

2011 was lookin good for a while. (well except for the beatdown we took at Blackman) Itavious Mathers ran for what seemed like 1000 yards.

Wasn't poking ya about players red. Giles has a little over 29,000 folks with 2 high schools. How many folks live up on that little hills school zone? :ugeek:

If ya live right beside Richland you live either in a church or the creek....

Giles is a " no zone" county of about 29,000 good folks. Blue collar with no Starbucks. We got a board that supports the principal. A principal who supports the coaches. Coaches who support the teachers and the entire school, sports related or not. And parents that support them all. Where folks live doesn't make the Cats click. :ugeek:

I didn't say Giles was good because they are an open zone school! I know the Superintendent, he is from Lewis Co and was my middle school football coach, great guy but anyway I was just saying Giles is an open zone school that's all. Giles has had a good run here lately and I know its not because your an open zone school. You guys have a very good football program my friend and I love your stadium.

The split will never happen. There is way too much money and power in private schools. What people don't realize is that if you separate the two it will become the wild west of recruiting. There will not be near as many good players left in public schools. They will all be recruited out. All these private schools that are church funded can now open up even more funds to help with the recruiting and facilities process. There advantages of both. Public schools can pay their coaches better and get city and county funds to help with facilities and the program. Private schools can generate funds quicker and have a bigger area to draw from because of not having an assigned school zone. Same can be said about open zone schools. Its not fair, but if you separate the two it opens up a lot worse case scenarios than if it is left alone.  

Don't try to put all private schools in the same pot. The d1and d2 private schools are very different. Also I don't see how upper keeps talking about d1 publics playing d2 privates. That isn't happening and is not a valid point. Also speaking of Giles county think about how great that rivalry has been with lipscomb and if teams were separate it wouldn't if happened. Ensworth and maryville have squared off as has ensworth and Oakland those were awesome match ups. I think everyone needs to step back and before things change look at all the impact. I do disagree one day the there will be a split and I think it's sad. Also it will probably be divided financial and non financial. So the schools that have been playing by the rules will continue to do so and I disagree publics will be raided. Also an interesting question why don't the other open zoned schools around Knoxville since that is the key to winning.

The split will never happen. There is way too much money and power in private schools. What people don't realize is that if you separate the two it will become the wild west of recruiting. There will not be near as many good players left in public schools. They will all be recruited out. All these private schools that are church funded can now open up even more funds to help with the recruiting and facilities process. There advantages of both. Public schools can pay their coaches better and get city and county funds to help with facilities and the program. Private schools can generate funds quicker and have a bigger area to draw from because of not having an assigned school zone. Same can be said about open zone schools. Its not fair, but if you separate the two it opens up a lot worse case scenarios than if it is left alone.

Wrong my friend, the split is coming,they are voting on it tomorrow!