It's Time to Separate the Public and Private Schools

@38320

I don't see any reason to force private schools to grant aid if they prefer not to. Keep the regular season the same. Bunche them all together. But, come play-off time, private competes against private and public against public.

If you separate the schools I foresee problems with transfer issues both ways. If the privates leave the T$$aa, there will really be transfer problems. Parents will send their kids to the school that offers what they deem a priority for their child. Why bash Alcoa, Maryville, Fulton, South Pittsburg, Trousdale, Milan, or CeePeeAaay, Ensworth, Lipscomb, BA or the likes? Instead work harder on building community support, coaching staffs, & work ethics of the kids. Then your team will make the list! :ugeek:

. Looks like Trousdale is on my side of the debate Tennessean: A split of public and private high schools — regardless of financial aid status — will be proposed Wednesday at the Tennessee Secondary School Athletic Association’s Legislative Council meeting.

The proposal to change Article I, Section 3 of the TSSAA Bylaws has been sponsored by the administrations at Trousdale County and Lewis County, according to the meeting agenda that was distributed Monday.

Upper it's funny that you will not respond to my posts. You cannot explain why Giles county Milan Huntington are closed zone schools and win. Also you cant show me a private school that is dominating to need a split but maybe since you want a split you also don't want to intelligently discuss with facts about sports with a private fan. Also Giles ex coach is the one that got caught recruiting how about that there is some of your own medicine. One thing I do agree with you on is we have to many football classes but you probably want that to get away from Alcoa. Also as for the 7 players from different counties in goodpasture volleyball I would like to see facts of that. Anyone can say all kind of hear say. Also a story for you sweet water tennessee is a school that is own the road from maryville. When lipscomb played sweet water in 2002 the star player for sweet water was the state title MVP for maryville the year before. Hmmm isn't that interesting. In the end in states there are dominant football programs for whatever reason. A few schools will always rule thus far trousdale, Alcoa, maryville, Milan, Giles county , red boiling springs, whitehaven, ba, mus, ensworth in their own league that doesn't affect public schools and other privates such as lipscomb CPA over the last 10 years have been in highly successful. Look at any state and the same schools are always in the running. Another thing I find interesting in your statements is you want all, public schools to be open enrollment. I'm never a fan of becoming what you hate but wouldn't that force public schools to recruit or try to retain players. Can you imagine a kid playing football at 4 different high schools in four year and win three state titles. That is a reality with open zone heck now public kids move into an apartment and keep their house Open zone would force publics to recruit because there is no guarantee of any is staying be careful what you wish for. If they did split I guess we would have to listen to how the more rural schools should have their own league and the city schools should have their own that is the next unlevel playing field.

Edited by Gambler

Upper it's funny that you will not respond to my posts. You cannot explain why Giles county Milan Huntington are closed zone schools and win. Also you cant show me a private school that is dominating to need a split but maybe since you want a split you also don't want to intelligently discuss with facts about sports with a private fan. Also Giles ex coach is the one that got caught recruiting how about that there is some of your own medicine. One thing I do agree with you on is we have to many football classes but you probably want that to get away from Alcoa. Also as for the 7 players from different counties in goodpasture volleyball I would like to see facts of that. Anyone can say all kind of hear say. Also a story for you sweet water tennessee is a school that is own the road from maryville. When lipscomb played sweet water in 2002 the star player for sweet water was the state title MVP for maryville the year before. Hmmm isn't that interesting. In the end in states there are dominant football programs for whatever reason. A few schools will always rule thus far trousdale, Alcoa, maryville, Milan, Giles county , red boiling springs, whitehaven, ba, mus, ensworth in their own league that doesn't affect public schools and other privates such as liscomb CPA over the last 10 years have been in highly successful. Look at any state and the same schools are always in the running. Another thing I find interesting in your statements is you want all, public schools to be open enrollment. I'm never a fan of becoming what you hate but wouldn't that force public schools to recruit or try to retain players. Can you imagine a kid playing football at 4 different high schools in four year and win three state titles. That is a reality with open zone heck now public kids move into an apartment and keep their houseOpen zone would force publics to recruit because there is no guarantee of any is staying be careful what you wish for. If they did split I guess we would have to listen to how the cuty schools should have ther own league and the rural schools should have their own that is the next undeveloped playing field.

Giles Co is an open zone school my friend, if you live in Richland you still can go to Giles Co! Also this argument isn't all about football, it's all sports,all the public schools you have named,most of them are only good at football. You need to look at other sports because the privates are dominating in most except football.

Edited by alltime

Upper it's funny that you will not respond to my posts. You cannot explain why Giles county Milan Huntington are closed zone schools and win. Also you cant show me a private school that is dominating to need a split but maybe since you want a split you also don't want to intelligently discuss with facts about sports with a private fan. Also Giles ex coach is the one that got caught recruiting how about that there is some of your own medicine. One thing I do agree with you on is we have to many football classes but you probably want that to get away from Alcoa. Also as for the 7 players from different counties in goodpasture volleyball I would like to see facts of that. Anyone can say all kind of hear say. Also a story for you sweet water tennessee is a school that is own the road from maryville. When lipscomb played sweet water in 2002 the star player for sweet water was the state title MVP for maryville the year before. Hmmm isn't that interesting. In the end in states there are dominant football programs for whatever reason. A few schools will always rule thus far trousdale, Alcoa, maryville, Milan, Giles county , red boiling springs, whitehaven, ba, mus, ensworth in their own league that doesn't affect public schools and other privates such as liscomb CPA over the last 10 years have been in highly successful. Look at any state and the same schools are always in the running. Another thing I find interesting in your statements is you want all, public schools to be open enrollment. I'm never a fan of becoming what you hate but wouldn't that force public schools to recruit or try to retain players. Can you imagine a kid playing football at 4 different high schools in four year and win three state titles. That is a reality with open zone heck now public kids move into an apartment and keep their houseOpen zone would force publics to recruit because there is no guarantee of any is staying be careful what you wish for. If they did split I guess we would have to listen to how the cuty schools should have ther own league and the rural schools should have their own that is the next undeveloped playing field.

you will never ever level the playing field all together. And LA has 990 kids so 4 classes wouldn't effect my girls and Alcoa in any way in sports.LA is a rual school, not not effected much on kids getting picked away by private schools. Closer you get to bigger towns, the more it gets into play. Giles and Milan are srta the same. The higher the class, the less effect the privates have. Can Blackman or Maryvlle play with Enworth, yes. Can Red Boiling play with goodpasture sport for sport, heck no. Big diffrense picking from 2500 or from 300. Like I said, the split is near....so folks on both sides of the debate will have to deal with it. In the end, I bet it makes the public schools stronger. Instead of maybe 2 public schools per class 1a-4a competeing with privates svhools for title, there will be a few more added. And in some caes, less likely to go private seeing as there zoned school has a chance. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

Upper it's funny that you will not respond to my posts. You cannot explain why Giles county Milan Huntington are closed zone schools and win. Also you cant show me a private school that is dominating to need a split but maybe since you want a split you also don't want to intelligently discuss with facts about sports with a private fan. Also Giles ex coach is the one that got caught recruiting how about that there is some of your own medicine. One thing I do agree with you on is we have to many football classes but you probably want that to get away from Alcoa. Also as for the 7 players from different counties in goodpasture volleyball I would like to see facts of that. Anyone can say all kind of hear say. Also a story for you sweet water tennessee is a school that is own the road from maryville. When lipscomb played sweet water in 2002 the star player for sweet water was the state title MVP for maryville the year before. Hmmm isn't that interesting. In the end in states there are dominant football programs for whatever reason. A few schools will always rule thus far trousdale, Alcoa, maryville, Milan, Giles county , red boiling springs, whitehaven, ba, mus, ensworth in their own league that doesn't affect public schools and other privates such as lipscomb CPA over the last 10 years have been in highly successful. Look at any state and the same schools are always in the running. Another thing I find interesting in your statements is you want all, public schools to be open enrollment. I'm never a fan of becoming what you hate but wouldn't that force public schools to recruit or try to retain players. Can you imagine a kid playing football at 4 different high schools in four year and win three state titles. That is a reality with open zone heck now public kids move into an apartment and keep their house Open zone would force publics to recruit because there is no guarantee of any is staying be careful what you wish for. If they did split I guess we would have to listen to how the more rural schools should have their own league and the city schools should have their own that is the next unlevel playing field.

It was on the roster at the state volleyball championships in the program.