It's Time to Separate the Public and Private Schools

@38320

not saying any team did anything wrong. Like I clearly said before, It is ok with the TSSAA and within the rules. Still does not make it a level playing field. That's what this thread is about. Not about the chest thumping on who's team was better. Just proving the point that even the mighty Alcoa gets stomped every now and then.

Well you did say lipscomb did something wrong by recruiting which did not ever happen under glenn mccadams. That is what frustrated me. Lipscomb success is a result of a lot of hardwork and discipline those years. It is insulting for someone to try to discredit it with no information. Lipscomb could of scored 100 on Alcoa that night but coach Mac exhibited class and let off. Also your facts are off Alcoa got revenge next year against lipscomb in the 4th round it was the year after that lipscomb fail to Livingston in state finals. Then they lost to Fulton and then beat Fulton the next year. Coach mac earned those trips and wins by doing things the right way. On aside note after thrashing Alcoa lipscomb got drilled by a public school named Huntington. That public school had no problem beating the defending state champs and they have closed zone. Also Milan hasn't struggled to beat CPA with a closed zone. You didn't hear good pasture complaining when Alcoa beat them 3 years In a row about a level playing field.

For several years maryville beat Hillsboro a school a few miles from lipscomb in the state championships. Hillsboro beat them once. Hillsboro lost their coach to riverdale to replace rankin. Then Hillsboro won another title and lost their coach and have been barely average since. Point in bringing this up is this. Hillsboro was as close to open zone as Nashville gets they go through a few coaching changes and bam the winning stops. The athletes went elsewhere some say they never left nonetheless the positive circumstances surrounding certain schools do not guarantee championships but the coaching talent work and discipline all must one together in a total package which rarely happens for a team more than one year.

Well you did say lipscomb did something wrong by recruiting which did not ever happen under glenn mccadams. That is what frustrated me. Lipscomb success is a result of a lot of hardwork and discipline those years. It is insulting for someone to try to discredit it with no information. Lipscomb could of scored 100 on Alcoa that night but coach Mac exhibited class and let off. Also your facts are off Alcoa got revenge next year against lipscomb in the 4th round it was the year after that lipscomb fail to Livingston in state finals. Then they lost to Fulton and then beat Fulton the next year. Coach mac earned those trips and wins by doing things the right way. On aside note after thrashing Alcoa lipscomb got drilled by a public school named Huntington. That public school had no problem beating the defending state champs and they have closed zone. Also Milan hasn't struggled to beat CPA with a closed zone. You didn't hear good pasture complaining when Alcoa beat them 3 years In a row about a level playing field.

For several years maryville beat Hillsboro a school a few miles from lipscomb in the state championships. Hillsboro beat them once. Hillsboro lost their coach to riverdale to replace rankin. Then Hillsboro won another title and lost their coach and have been barely average since. Point in bringing this up is this. Hillsboro was as close to open zone as Nashville gets they go through a few coaching changes and bam the winning stops. The athletes went elsewhere some say they never left nonetheless the positive circumstances surrounding certain schools do not guarantee championships but the coaching talent work and discipline all must one together in a total package which rarely happens for a team more than one year.

Well said!

Lets be honest winning a state title is tough and it should be. And in the last 10 years far and away public schools have won more than private. the main reason I posted again is Ronnie carter who implemented the multiplier made the statement that multiplying schools wouldn't matter or change that the same schools would win or be successful. I think he was right. Also one thing I don't like about sides of this discussion is when people want to punish schools for having success. When a school wins many people's initial reaction is to say well they really won because..... Why can't it be they deserved it by the support of their community and players efforts with good coaching. Win a school wins they should be celebrated not punished.

its a mute point, the public private split is going to happen. And recruiting is not just giving free tution to athletes. Its the ability to bring kids in from a several county area to attend your school playing schools like say Trousdale who only get kids from Trousdale county.Tousdale has 398 students. Ensworth has 421 students.why don't we just put them in the same district. Wouldn't even be close. Not because TC doesn't have school pride. Not because TC doesn't have great coaching. Not because parents at TC don't donate time and money. Some advantages are just to much to keep a level playing field. That's why it will be seperated and should be.

its a mute point, the public private split is going to happen. And recruiting is not just giving free tution to athletes. Its the ability to bring kids in from a several county area to attend your school playing schools like say Trousdale who only get kids from Trousdale county.Tousdale has 398 students. Ensworth has 421 students.why don't we just put them in the same district. Wouldn't even be close. Not because TC doesn't have school pride. Not because TC doesn't have great coaching. Not because parents at TC don't donate time and money. Some advantages are just to much to keep a level playing field. That's why it will be seperated and should be.

Well said!

• Upvote 1

Well said!

Upper it's not a mute point when you say call out a man's integrity by saying that he did something illegal which coach Mac didn't do. It's fine for you to be judge and jury but not to prosecute. Anyhow you obviously have not read my posts. The tssaa has already addressed your issue about getting kids from a large area and that is called the multiplier. Private schools yes draw from a greater area so they play with bigger schools that draw from a greater area and have more students and more athletes. Your ensworth trousdale example is flawed. They will never play the tssaa has classifications for this and ensworth is in d2. Could you give me an example of an unfair existing match up of private and public. Trousdale did fine vs good pasture this year. East Nashville beat lipscomb. Milan beat CPA last I checked all closed zone and private schools. Alcoa beat cak. So I don't see your argument.

Also if they did split what would happen to open zone schools that on paper have an even greater advantage than private.

If privates did play in their own zone then people would complain about bigger schools beating the smaller schools. Always will be something to complain about. I would love to hear some of your answers or responses but I guess my statements are probably mute points

I would love to to have seen Lewis Co and UH play. Probably beeb LC by a td, but would have been fun to watch.

we will never know but look at how many top ten teams Lewis Co beat last yr and also Lewis Co had an 8 point lead against CPA with less than 9 minutes to go in the game and CPA played Alcoa much, much closer than Upperman so I'd say Lewis Co would have won by a few TD's(Lewis Co beat #5 Fairview and #7 Westview)