2014 9-AAA Off Season Thread

MajorZ

Got a chance to see the action last night...first of all, Shelbyville may have as good of a QB and skill set as any 5A team...period.  I have seen a lot of Golden Eagle teams, and this one is the most talented one I've ever seen.  They are polished with their screen game, and have people that can house it.  Having said that, I think Mount Juliet's D was a few fits away from having a good scrimmage.  They did pick off 4 passes, and their secondary is very solid.  It's hard to gauge who is what at this point, but it seems the MJ offense is moving the football through the air this year, and last night had several chances but timing wasn't there.  Shelbyville's defense is also very aggressive.  Now, when the young guys got in, MJ clearly controlled that part of the scrimmage.  The Bears looked like this scrimmage was more about putting different young guys in situations with the Shelbyville's first group, and Shelbyville's first group (esp that QB), was most impressive.  I guarantee both coaches loved the work and amount of reps that they got in, and I think both of these teams ended spring way ahead of a year ago.  I know everyone always wants a score, but the format made it hard to say (Shelbyville had a few scores where MJ had what looked like half starters and half backups in).  MJ scored in the same situations.  I know this, if Shelbyville's QB stays healthy, I would immediately place them as a contender for the 5A title...yes, they are that good.  As for MJ, if they can get those big young guys 3 more months of experience, they'll compete at a very high level.

• Upvote 1

Got a chance to see the action last night...first of all, Shelbyville may have as good of a QB and skill set as any 5A team...period.  I have seen a lot of Golden Eagle teams, and this one is the most talented one I've ever seen.  They are polished with their screen game, and have people that can house it.  Having said that, I think Mount Juliet's D was a few fits away from having a good scrimmage.  They did pick off 4 passes, and their secondary is very solid.  It's hard to gauge who is what at this point, but it seems the MJ offense is moving the football through the air this year, and last night had several chances but timing wasn't there.  Shelbyville's defense is also very aggressive.  Now, when the young guys got in, MJ clearly controlled that part of the scrimmage.  The Bears looked like this scrimmage was more about putting different young guys in situations with the Shelbyville's first group, and Shelbyville's first group (esp that QB), was most impressive.  I guarantee both coaches loved the work and amount of reps that they got in, and I think both of these teams ended spring way ahead of a year ago.  I know everyone always wants a score, but the format made it hard to say (Shelbyville had a few scores where MJ had what looked like half starters and half backups in).  MJ scored in the same situations.  I know this, if Shelbyville's QB stays healthy, I would immediately place them as a contender for the 5A title...yes, they are that good.  As for MJ, if they can get those big young guys 3 more months of experience, they'll compete at a very high level.

Cunningham is the real deal at Qb and he's only a junior.  Number #3 Michael Eddings, their feature back, is also only a junior.  Should be a good year for Shelbyville provided the injury bug doesn't get them.

Pressman was right on with what he called. Shelbyville QB and #3 and #11 are really good. Very well coached and execute extremely well. There screen game is excellent as always. QB is excellent at looking off receivers and the receivers don't drop many passes.

Bears seem to come out a little flat but the intensity really picked up toward the end of game on their third and forth series for the one's. They played much better.

MJ had a lot of ones and twos rotating in with each other and working on depth and evaluation on both offense and defense. I had scrimmage 5-1 Shelbyville.

Too many missed tackles and dropped passes by the Bears. A number of times the they would have the back in the back field and he would break away for a good gain. Shelbyville QB very elusive.

Again scoring was difficult to judge in 10 play format. Shelbyville scored twice in their first 10 plays. The Bears had a hard time catching the football with many dropped passes. Passes by all 3 QB's were on the money for the most part. The offense looked and executed much better vs Siegel.

MJ got 4 picks and recovered two fumbles. MJ had a couple of turnovers themselves with a pick and two fumbles..

I think this would have been a great game had they played a normal game.

Bears and coaching staff not happy with the out come. Plenty of work to do; but you can see the potential.

Review of Mt Juliet's spring. In reviewing two spring scrimmages; MJ's defense gave up 2 scores with all of  their one's in during 80 snaps vs two spread offenses that run up tempo. Recorded 4 picks, 3 fumble recoveries, 4 sacks and many QB pressures. Have gained a lot of depth thru scrimmages that will really help during the season. I will be stunned if this is not one of the best defenses in 9A.

Offense is coming along really well considering putting in a new offense. Still a lot to work on; but players are picking it up quickly. Timing will come with reps and I think the receivers will just keep getting better as they get more reps. A lot of different weapons to throw to and this will help running game. The running game will be solid and get better as O line gets better.

You can see the potential this team has. This will be a fun team to watch.

GO BEARS !

Here is how the 2014 season will go. Of course the Bison will go back to back.

1. Station Camp- Best talent wins out

2, Lebanon- surprise

3. Mount Juliet- better than last year

4. Beech- okay

5. Hendersonville- got lucky last year

6. Gallatin- not enough talent

7. Wilson Central- they need an Angel

8. Portland- Help

2, Lebanon- surprise

4. Beech- okay

8. Portland- Help

This may be the WORST prediction I've ever seen!

2, Lebanon- surprise

4. Beech- okay

8. Portland- Help

Hahaha....keep wishing!

2, Lebanon- surprise

4. Beech- okay

8. Portland- Help

I cant wait for Oct. 31, HHS vs SCHS. Bisontruth you may want to dress up as a HHS fan!!!