2014 9-AAA Off Season Thread

MajorZ

I got to see 2 good teams tonight go at it. Station Camp and Hillsboro are both going to be tough this year. Not sure of the score but both scored several times.

You have to be impressed with Anderton. The kid is a stud QB, no way around it. He has good height and a strong arm. Granted he has no go to guy but the other receivers especially #23 ran to spots and the ball was there. Malone will be a force running the ball again along with #23 who I expect was Gilley. Line looked better than I thought they would too. Defense looked suspect at times but Hillsboro was loaded with speed.

Hillsboro looked very good. They have speed good size and can score from anywhere on the field. I can easily see them going 10-0 during the regular season. Lots of talent on the Burros. Coaches were constantly coaching them too. I liked seeing that.

Overall I came away impressed with both.

Hillsboro came out ahead 4-2. 2 td passes by Anderton accounted for the Bison scores. Hillsboro looked very good even without Phillips playing on D. He played OT but did not play any D due to just returning from a shoulder problem. Hillsboro speed and athleticism was amazing. Agreed 10-0 is in their future. Anderton looked good at QB but took a lot of hits. Hillsboro had a long TD pass called back and a sure TD on a fumble return that was whistled dead by scrimmage rules (10 plays for each side).

Hillsboro came out ahead 4-2. 2 td passes by Anderton accounted for the Bison scores. Hillsboro looked very good even without Phillips playing on D. He played OT but did not play any D due to just returning from a shoulder problem. Hillsboro speed and athleticism was amazing. Agreed 10-0 is in their future. Anderton looked good at QB but took a lot of hits. Hillsboro had a long TD pass called back and a sure TD on a fumble return that was whistled dead by scrimmage rules (10 plays for each side).

Which number was Phillips?

He was 72. I was told by the Hillsboro people that their best back was injured and did not play tonight. #20 wasn't a bad replacement with 2 long Td runs.

No #20 was not bad at all. I was surprised in how they lined up so close to the QB and O-line in the backfield. I thought Phillips might have been #75 but I guess I was wrong.