2014 9-AAA Off Season Thread

MajorZ

Understand that we will play a lot of good teams this year, understand the kind of effort that it takes to be successful, understand that if we are not prepared every week what will happen. I hear people say I can't wait. I can wait because the great thing about last year was the journey, the day to day, week to week ups and downs, battling the adversity of injuries, sometimes not playing as well as we should have early in the season, but then seeing the team dig deep in the postseason against SC, Indy, and White Station. Teams that on paper were rated higher than us and favored against us in each game. We graduated 29 senior football players and 4 fantastic managers last Friday night. Not the most talented team to ever Black and Gold but but has to be the one with the best chemistry and will to win. Looking forward to each day starting the end of this month as we start the new journey.

To change things up a bit ; who do you think has the toughest schedule in 9AAA this year.

MJ plays:

Lebanon

@Antioch

Station Camp

@Blackman

@Wilson Central

Centennial

Beech

@Hendersonville

Gallatin

@Portland

I cannot remember everybody's out of district schedule but I would say Gallatin's with Springfield, Stewarts Creek and Trousdale Co is not the toughest. I think Wilson Central and Beech are the toughest. If I remember correctly.

I cannot remember everybody's out of district schedule but I would say Gallatin's with Springfield, Stewarts Creek and Trousdale Co is not the toughest. I think Wilson Central and Beech are the toughest. If I remember correctly.

We played Springfield to a tie with mostly 2's, 3's and the "young guys" I would not rank them anywhere near Trousdale County. 

We played Springfield to a tie with mostly 2's, 3's and the "young guys" I would not rank them anywhere near Trousdale County.

Lots of people would be surprised at the passion at which Trousdale Co plays football. They have a great fanbase. I look for a huge crowd for the rematch this year at Gallatin.

To change things up a bit ; who do you think has the toughest schedule in 9AAA this year.

MJ plays:

Lebanon

@Antioch

Station Camp

@Blackman

@Wilson Central

Centennial

Beech

@Hendersonville

Gallatin

@Portland

Hendersonville schedule as follows

Wilson Central Away

Hunters Lane Home

Lebanon Away

Brentwood Home

Gallatin Home

Riverdale Away

Portland Away

Mt. Juliet Home

Beech Home

Station Camp Away

* If I had to choose I have to give MJ the nod on toughest schedule with out of district playing Blackman and Centennial.

*The commandos final 3 games are really tough district competitors to end the season with. Along with (assuming) much improved Riverdale and Brentwood teams, We better bring it every week..

Looking forward to an exciting season in 9-AAA

MJ plays:

Lebanon

@Antioch

Station Camp

@Blackman

@Wilson Central

Centennial

Beech

@Hendersonville

Gallatin

@Portland

hey kisler,

not going to answer my question?

heard mj lost a coach, since im not close to the situation like you said, I would have no idea right?

maybe l;ooking for another oc in bear country..

hey kisler,

not going to answer my question?

heard mj lost a coach, since im not close to the situation like you said, I would have no idea right?

maybe l;ooking for another oc in bear country..

WCP, didn't realize you were asking me. You mentioned you had heard some good stuff and wondering why so many coaching changes. There were many changes last year and a couple this year.

I was waiting for you throw out what you heard. Why don't you tell us. I will be more than happy to confirm or deny.

Edited by BKisler