2014 9-AAA Off Season Thread

MajorZ

Station camp 83 Gallatin 21. That's how bad Gallatin has got crushed last 2 years.

It will be a battle this year and Gallatin dominance for quite a few years after. We will talk basketball much the same. You probably don't remember Gallatin winning 11 of 12 to start the series in Bball as you were in middle school. It's okay, it's cyclical. That means, it comes full circle. Have a good summer break. Lol. 

Station camp 83 Gallatin 21. That's how bad Gallatin has got crushed last 2 years.

Chic, so SC beat Gallatin teams that were down and just starting to turn things back around. It's not like they were championship games. It was just two games. When SC gets to the point where they have won state titles and have the storied tradition of Gallatin; then you might have some bragging rights.

If I can offer a suggestion; I would be focusing on 2014. 9AAA will have  more good teams than ever before.

Good luck to all 9AAA; stay healthy.

Edited by BKisler

No doubt the competition will be pretty stiff from top to bottom this year. One reason that 9 AAA is one of the best districts to watch every year is because there seems to be different teams every year that step up and have a breakout season. It's not a one man show type district. Makes it very interesting. I expect that there will be one surprise team that will turn up being good this year that nobody gives much hope for. (Last year the surprise teams were Gallatin & Hendersoville) I expect either Lebanon or Beech to be one of those two teams that will do better than expected. Hope everyone has good & healthy seasons! but...

GO BIG G

I agree; I think Beech and Lebanon will be better than expected. Even though Lebanon lost a lot last year; they were not the Lebanon of old. They just didn't have the depth and injuries hurt them like they did so many of the teams last year.  Coach Harp will have them better and even more prepared.

Can't over look anyone this year in 9AAA.

I love it when people "put you down." Chickie just adds fuel to the fire and every good argument needs an agitator. Can you imagine how it will be if they win something besides a district regular season or tournament. SC has had some unbelievable talent come through (Jenkins and Malone to name a couple), but thank goodness no great play-off runs yet. I know they are a relatively new school, but so is Wilson Central. I say "let it roll chickie." It keeps everyone else on their toes,

Beech may be the snake in the rough that bites you when you least expect it. Not high expectations and a really good coaching staff.

Little chick makes bold statements but never is around when a Pearl Cohn or Hendersonville pop that little bubble. But that is what these boards are for.

1.). Station Camp

2.). Mt. Juliet

3.). Hendersonville

4.). Beech

5.). Lebanon

6.). Gallatin

7.). Portland

8.). Wilson Central

Station Camp has the talent and the horses to make a deep playoff run.

Mt. Juliet will return to their winning ways following a rebuilding campaign and a coaching change that took an emotional toll on the team.

Hendersonville won't be in the 6A state finals but they will be strong and once again be a force in the district.

I have to believe that Beech will be able to compete at a high level in spite of the quiet talk. They've been good for a period of time now and it would be a substantial drop off for them to finish below this mark.

Lebanon will win 2/3 against Franklin County, Lincoln County, and Cookeville and find a way to get to 5-5 and be a TSSAA State Playoff Qualifier this year.

Gallatin brought in a key transfer that will allow them to stay competitive and in the playoff hunt following a year that they made a surprising deep playoff run.

Portland will remain terrible. Wilson Central will just be terrible (Cookeville fans are still saying "thanks" lol).

1.). Station Camp

2.). Mt. Juliet

3.). Hendersonville

4.). Beech

5.). Lebanon

6.). Gallatin

7.). Portland

8.). Wilson Central

Station Camp has the talent and the horses to make a deep playoff run.

Mt. Juliet will return to their winning ways following a rebuilding campaign and a coaching change that took an emotional toll on the team.

Hendersonville won't be in the 6A state finals but they will be strong and once again be a force in the district.

I have to believe that Beech will be able to compete at a high level in spite of the quiet talk. They've been good for a period of time now and it would be a substantial drop off for them to finish below this mark.

Lebanon will win 2/3 against Franklin County, Lincoln County, and Cookeville and find a way to get to 5-5 and be a TSSAA State Playoff Qualifier this year.

Gallatin brought in a key transfer that will allow them to stay competitive and in the playoff hunt following a year that they made a surprising deep playoff run.

Portland will remain terrible. Wilson Central will just be terrible (Cookeville fans are still saying "thanks" lol).

The comment about the key Gallatin transfer making them competitive is far from right to say the least...they were looking like a great team this year with or without him. They have plenty of key players. He basically just seals the deal. And I just don't understand how anybody wouldn't have H-ville 1st or atleast 2nd... I guess nobody realizes the talent that they have coming up...I'm glad you have Gallatin all the way back at 6th? That will just give the boys even more motivation.

Top Tier

Hendersonville

Mt Juliet

Station Camp

Gallatin(since Banks arrived moved up a group)

Bottom Tier(no particular order, any team could win on any night)

Beech

Wilson Central

Portland
Lebanon

For sure see Hville in the 1/2 spot, MJ/SC/Gallain pretty equal, the rest, any night, any team could win and be a spoiler.....