2014 9-AAA Off Season Thread

MajorZ

I know he has letters of interest from Stanford, Oregon, and Harvard to name a few. No doubt Track&Field will be what he gets his offer in. His grades are unreal as well. He can pretty much pick any college he wants. His ultimate goal is to make the Olympic Team. Which I don't doubt he will achieve.

I know he has letters of interest from Stanford, Oregon, and Harvard to name a few. No doubt Track&Field will be what he gets his offer in. His grades are unreal as well. He can pretty much pick any college he wants. His ultimate goal is to make the Olympic Team. Which I don't doubt he will achieve.

Love to hear about young men like this. Not only doe he work hard on the field and in sports ; but in the class room. Good luck to him and wish him the best.

I wish Mondo had not gone hiatus. Does anybody know what will become of students that are not living in the county yet going to a county school? I have been told proof of residency will be required come start of the school year. You can now pay a fee but is that fee going up or is this the start of completely cutting out out-of-county students? Do the current students get grandfathered in? Reason I ask on this board, several football players could be affected for a couple of teams. One former principal bucked this board policy and is now looking for employeement elsewhere. ( which I made reference too a few years ago and some thought I was crazy).

GWAVE1, proof of residency has always been required by Sumner County Schools.  Nothing will change in this area.  Some people will still be able to slide by and others will not.  There are several scenarios that have happened in the last few years where residency needed to be proved.  However, there is not an unbiased person to prove it too.  Rules are one thing, enforcement is another.  A few pages back on this thread, BigChief stated that he was certain that the school located between Hendersonville and Gallatin had an athlete that lived in Davidson County and he knew where.  Do you think that will change?  I doubt it, as many people believe that the board members in that area are the most powerful in the county and more than likely calling the shots.  In other words, "all things being equal, all things will never be equal." 

White House is probably the school you are saying is not affected.....Rumors are flying off the charts at the two Hendersonville schools...Nothing has been made public there except they have open spots, even though there are no Administrative Positions posted as Open on the Jobs site with the Schools........

Mr. Cardwell was canned due to not getting in line with the Schools Superintendent. In case you did not know the SS is fond of a certain school that wears maroon jerseys. He and the board chairman are both boosters of that school. Anyone that crosses the SS will soon be unemployed or in Mr. Cardwell's case offered a janitor position. Mr. Cardwell was a good principal and did a lot of great things for the Bucs. Make no mistake about it the maroon team will have the best facilities, the money for enhancements, and from what I hear help with TSSAA issues, etc. So far they have only recruited Gallatin players but it's only a matter of time before they go county wide.

GWAVE1, proof of residency has always been required by Sumner County Schools. Nothing will change in this area. Some people will still be able to slide by and others will not. There are several scenarios that have happened in the last few years where residency needed to be proved. However, there is not an unbiased person to prove it too. Rules are one thing, enforcement is another. A few pages back on this thread, BigChief stated that he was certain that the school located between Hendersonville and Gallatin had an athlete that lived in Davidson County and he knew where. Do you think that will change? I doubt it, as many people believe that the board members in that area are the most powerful in the county and more than likely calling the shots. In other words, "all things being equal, all things will never be equal."

My understanding is that since the late 90's when this rule was instituted, it has not been enforced. However, this is about to change is my understanding. The county is losing money due to these out-of-county students and the tax payers are footing the bill. In order to reign in more sound spending, this is an area that has to be addressed. I know for a fact that Dr. Phillips is behind this enforcement. So I do not see any school getting preferential treatment. The real question is are the current out-of-county students, athletes or not, going to be grandfathered in? I could not get a clear answer.

Personally, Frank Cardwell seems like a good man who did what he felt was right in the best interest of his school. He just marched to his own drum without fear as he is already collecting retirement elsewhere. Phillips, with 4 year extension, is making changes he wants. Bottom line.

Residency issues to be grandfathered in is my understanding and can only be policed to a degree. Recruiting can be as well. Phillips will try to crack down this year.

If kids want a great atmosphere, I encourage them to take pride in their community and school. Beech, Gallatin, Hendersonville, Portland and Station Camp provide the opportunity. If we are talking facilities, Beech and Hendersonville have nice facilities and though Gallatin's facilities are older, they are still unparalleled it my opinion with weight room, indoor facility and stadium upgrades to be completed. If we are talking coaching, Coach Hatfield and Coach Crabtree are solid people but, Gallatin's staff is excellent top to bottom with Doug Hall focused solely as Strength and Conditioning Coach is set to do great things.

Chicky... It is spelled Station Camp. Do you stutter? Lol. I think many teams are looking forward to play the Bison this year.

Good luck to all. Remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice this Memorial Day.  

Edited by TheRealTruth

Personally, Frank Cardwell seems like a good man who did what he felt was right in the best interest of his school. He just marched to his own drum without fear as he is already collecting retirement elsewhere. Phillips, with 4 year extension, is making changes he wants. Bottom line.

Residency issues to be grandfathered in is my understanding and can only be policed to a degree. Recruiting can be as well. Phillips will try to crack down this year.

If kids want a great atmosphere, I encourage them to take pride in their community and school. Beech, Gallatin, Hendersonville, Portland and Station Camp provide the opportunity. If we are talking facilities, Beech and Hendersonville have nice facilities and though Gallatin's facilities are older, they are still unparalleled it my opinion with weight room, indoor facility and stadium upgrades to be completed. If we are talking coaching, Coach Hatfield and Coach Crabtree are solid people but, Gallatin's staff is excellent top to bottom with Doug Hall focused solely as Strength and Conditioning Coach is set to do great things.

Chicky... It is spelled Station Camp. Do you stutter? Lol. I think many teams are looking forward to play the Bison this year.

Good luck to all. Remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice this Memorial Day.

Who did you get to confirm the "grandfathered in" status? I could not get a definitive answer, in fact was told can they provide proof of living in Sumner Co. I bet the new principal at Beech will have to be stricter on that policy as well which will be tough going against LHBC.

Who did you get to confirm the "grandfathered in" status? I could not get a definitive answer, in fact was told can they provide proof of living in Sumner Co. I bet the new principal at Beech will have to be stricter on that policy as well which will be tough going against LHBC.

Yes, I understand. I don't believe there is a definitive answer as it is sure to happen. Many will surely be allowed to continue "grandfathered in". The goal, however, is to collect fee for next school year is again my understanding. Let me know if you hear more.   

Station camp 83 Gallatin 21. That's how bad Gallatin has got crushed last 2 years.

Your point?? Just stop... If you want to play that game we could talk about how Gallatin beat Station Camp 78-16 three years in a row prior. AND that it took SC 3 years to ever reach the endzone against Gallatin. Stop comparing past years as if they have anything to do with what happens on the field this year and the ones to follow. Good luck to all schools this year, and thanks to the posters who try not to stir the pot.

Go Big G