1.). Station Camp

2.). Mt. Juliet

3.). Hendersonville

4.). Beech

5.). Lebanon

6.). Gallatin

7.). Portland

8.). Wilson Central

Station Camp has the talent and the horses to make a deep playoff run.

Mt. Juliet will return to their winning ways following a rebuilding campaign and a coaching change that took an emotional toll on the team.

Hendersonville won't be in the 6A state finals but they will be strong and once again be a force in the district.

I have to believe that Beech will be able to compete at a high level in spite of the quiet talk. They've been good for a period of time now and it would be a substantial drop off for them to finish below this mark.

Lebanon will win 2/3 against Franklin County, Lincoln County, and Cookeville and find a way to get to 5-5 and be a TSSAA State Playoff Qualifier this year.

Gallatin brought in a key transfer that will allow them to stay competitive and in the playoff hunt following a year that they made a surprising deep playoff run.

Portland will remain terrible. Wilson Central will just be terrible (Cookeville fans are still saying "thanks" lol).

Again the WORST prediction ever.

And what's with the angel reference at wc? Did he do a lot the last 2 years? Bc against mj he dropped 5 balls and had a fumble. And I don't believe he has been a all world player for them by no means. Last year it was price and reed.

Lebanon, Gallatin, mj, wc, beech, all got handed pretty good test in spring. But I think only one team scheduled the #2 team in 6a football. The others ehhhhhh

I went to atleast one scrimmage of everyone. Portland and Lebanon looked the worst.

Sc could throw the ball, but only had 26 or 23? And no oline had a good rb

Mj looked terrible vs Shelbyville

Wc got beat good against Blackman

Hendersonville Smyrna scrimmage was a good one. Elston may be the best qb In district.

I just think it's too early to tell, a lot of kids were playing other sports also, like van zant for beech I can think of off the top of my head.

Fall scrimmages will be good to see. Love the summer, that means people talk football and it's just around the corner!

Edited by WCP

I do not mean to offend anyone but just like last year, why the love for Mt Juliet. I just do not see them being that much better.

Beech may be the sleeper.

Still think Lebanon should make a jump.

Station Camp will be good. Maybe not the world beaters but very solid.

Hendersonville still is the team to beat with all the experience returning.

Wilson Central, getting beat by a very good Blackman team is still getting beat by a very good team. Not much in the cupboard.

Portland....better but still needs more athletes. Same story.

Gallatin will be better. Experience and speed return. O-line will set the tone and they do need some work.

I do not mean to offend anyone but just like last year, why the love for Mt Juliet. I just do not see them being that much better.

Wilson Central, getting beat by a very good Blackman team is still getting beat by a very good team. Not much in the cupboard.

Gallatin will be better. Experience and speed return. O-line will set the tone and they do need some work.

trust me, no harm on mj. I agree.

I will say that gallatin's past couple jv years and freshman teams have been oline problems, more of backs and skills. should be solid.

I dont see how a 40 player roster at LHS and getting drummed by stewarts creek makes them any kind of competitor. Davis is a stud! but thats all.

the only proven team is HHS. they have had GREAT JV ANd 9th grade team last couple years and I dont see them falling off unless some kids transfer. Plus hatfield always has them coached well.

I still think the jury is still out on 90% of the teams. I just see nothing in LHS and PHS. Everyone else on any given night will be fun!

Edited by WCP

trust me, no harm on mj. I agree.

I will say that gallatin's past couple jv years and freshman teams have been oline problems, more of backs and skills. should be solid.

I dont see how a 40 player roster at LHS and getting drummed by stewarts creek makes them any kind of competitor. Davis is a stud! but thats all.

the only proven team is HHS. they have had GREAT JV ANd 9th grade team last couple years and I dont see them falling off unless some kids transfer. Plus hatfield always has them coached well.

I still think the jury is still out on 90% of the teams. I just see nothing in LHS and PHS. Everyone else on any given night will be fun!

Having played Stewarts Creek last year, they will continue to get better. They were very young last year but have everything in place to be an up and coming team for the next few years. Nobody is going to want to play them after this year.

I do agree the jury is still out on most of the teams. Anything can happen over the summer and beginning of practice. Injuries, members quitting, transfers, coaching changes all affect the season. Right now it is just fun to speculate. Only definite is that this district is fun to watch with plenty of emotion come game time.

GWave, no offense taken.

MJ has a very good senior class. They were undefeated as freshman ( only team to beat SC and Anderton that year.) Undefeated as JV, with a couple of them starting as sophomores and several playing significant minutes. Great leadership and great work ethic in this class. They have tremendous heart and football IQ. They return 8 starters on defense.  Offense will return 4 starters and have 6-7 seniors starting.

The junior class and sophomore class have some very talented players and have good size that will be starting and playing a lot. Both classes have followed the seniors and have an incredible work ethic and leadership. 

This maybe the strongest ( physically ) team MJ has ever had.

Don't get me wrong; MJ will have to play their very best every week with the talent in 9AAA. No easy games this year and they have one of the toughest schedules they have ever had.

Go Bears !

My Prediction

1.) Hendersonville

2.) Station Camp

3.) Gallatin

4.) Mt. Juliet

5.) Beech

6.) Lebanon

7.) Wilson Central

8.) Portland

I think until someone proves otherwise, Hendersonville has to be the favorite going into the season based on what they have returning, as well as how the young talent that is coming up through the ranks. Coach Hatfield has always been one to do his best work when he is under the radar, but can Hendersonville win big when the expectations are high?

I do not really subscribe to coach bashing, but as long as the current staff is at Station Camp, I have doubts on whether or not they can become the contenders they should be with the talent that they have. They remind me of the Gallatin teams under Lassiter, very talented, but buckles under the pressure of the playoffs when up against a staff that has been there and won like Beech and Hendersonville.

Gallatin being able to get Dorian Banks (assuming he is eligible), is a potential game changer. Gallatin has been steadily working their way back up, although finding a replacement for Clay Carnes needs to be top priority. Given how wild this district has shown to be the past few years, I could see Gallatin winning the district

I dont have the first clue about 4th-7th, I think you could make a legitimate argument for each team, although if pressed for an answer I would probably go with what I have above. Unfortunately for Portland, until they can move down a class or change districts somehow, I dont see them ever becoming a threat in 9-AAA.

BTW, guys I am starting to add rosters and college prospects on the website, so if you guys have any of either that you want to throw out there, let me know