2014 9-AAA Off Season Thread

MajorZ

I would to say a big thank you and good luck to HHS principal Joni Worsham on her retirement. She has been an outstanding teacher and administrator and one of the best people you would ever meet. She has always been there for all of the teams and her Commando pride always shows. Good luck Ms. Worsham. This will be Mondo' s final post for awhile as we are going on hiatus. Good luck to everyone this summer as you put in the work to prepare for what should be an exciting 2014 season.

• Upvote 1

sounds like there were more from around the county as well....maybe an interesting Summer.

I think they are tired of dealing with the director of schools. I heard beech graduated the class in order of class rank this year. I'm sure that led to some ticked off mommas and daddies when their kids were one of the last to walk. Mrs Worsham will be missed. She was black and gold through and through.

Edited by hhs00

I think they are tired of dealing with the director of schools. I heard beech graduated the class in order of class rank this year. I'm sure that led to some ticked off mommas and daddies when their kids were one of the last to walk. Mrs Worsham will be missed. She was black and gold through and through.

I have never heard a bad word about Worsham. I think to people like myself that came as a total surprise. The former Beech principal was a different story.

You are correct SOUTHERNFRIED. Lots of changes coming from around the county including Gallatin.

I guess in the last week we now have openings in Portland for both a Soccer coach and girls Basketball coach......whats happening in Gallatin? I saw on facebook Rollwave posted he is changing to something. ..........Funny when i grew up, coaches and principals hardly ever moved, cant remember how long Coach Short was in Gallatin and Mr. Herron was my principal. Then Short moved to Portland and stayed there for a while. Now it seems everyone is moving. Coach Parker (baseball) has been at Portland longer than anyone now, and its only been 7 years. 

I guess in the last week we now have openings in Portland for both a Soccer coach and girls Basketball coach......whats happening in Gallatin? I saw on facebook Rollwave posted he is changing to something. ..........Funny when i grew up, coaches and principals hardly ever moved, cant remember how long Coach Short was in Gallatin and Mr. Herron was my principal. Then Short moved to Portland and stayed there for a while. Now it seems everyone is moving. Coach Parker (baseball) has been at Portland longer than anyone now, and its only been 7 years.

Yeah I know what you mean. Short and Herron were fixtures at Gallatin for a longtime. I have often wondered what it would have been like if Short had not waited one year and took the Gallatin principal ship instead of the Portland job.

Gallatin has or had 2 days ago openings for baseball and softball. Also an assistant principal was let go.

Hopefully I'm not springing this too early, but it has already been mentioned on Facebook, so here it goes: Wave football assistant head coach Mark Wilson has been named Gallatin's head baseball coach.  He is an excellent teacher, mentor, motivator, and I could go on.  I know this is a football thread, but the baseball team has a bright future ahead with several good young players, and Coach Wilson is an excellent choice to lead them.

Gallatin's Brett Neelly wins back to back state titles in discus today with a throw of 180' 4". Missed state title on Shot put by 4.25 inches with a throw of 58' 8.75". Not a bad days work for a kid who also plays football and basketball.

Awesome Job, Gallatin High School's own, Brett Neelly!!! Back-to-Back State Titles in Discus. It would have been nice to pull the double in Shot Put but, he is a junior and has next year too. Younger brother, Adam may be main competition next year. Can't wait to see him in football uniform. I heard he is about 6'7'' and 250 now.  

Hopefully I'm not springing this too early, but it has already been mentioned on Facebook, so here it goes: Wave football assistant head coach Mark Wilson has been named Gallatin's head baseball coach.  He is an excellent teacher, mentor, motivator, and I could go on.  I know this is a football thread, but the baseball team has a bright future ahead with several good young players, and Coach Wilson is an excellent choice to lead them.

Mark is an excellent role model and was an assistant baseball coach for years at Gallatin previously. I believe the decision was made 2 days ago and word is out. 

Yeah I know what you mean. Short and Herron were fixtures at Gallatin for a longtime. I have often wondered what it would have been like if Short had not waited one year and took the Gallatin principal ship instead of the Portland job.

Gallatin has or had 2 days ago openings for baseball and softball. Also an assistant principal was let go.

There are still some fixtures in the making with coaches Luna(s), Wilson(s), Kendrick. As for Short, I believe he would have done great things. Benny Bills is a great man as well.

Softball is open but, I believe the assistant principal is just moving on, not let go. Surprising to hear 6 principal openings with 4 being at high schools in Sumner County.